Home field advantage - What are our chances?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas lost to the Eagles. So now we're both 12-2. What are our chances of going 14-2 and them dropping one more?

They play Carolina and Washington to finish. Both away games.

We play the Bears and the Lions. Bears away, Lions at home.

I think that we stomp them in both games. So it's up to Dallas to drop another for us.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we have a much better chance winning the final two than the Cowboys do. but, lest i get blasted for talking about something that makes no difference, i feel obliged to add that the Packers just need to worry about winning the final two games.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the pressure is on Dallas. We were beat up, had a bad game plan early, and they won by 10, in their house. They really don't want to come up here. Romo is injured, other players for them are beat up, and Washington is going to be a heated divisional game where the Skins will really want to damage the hated Boys' chances going into the playoffs. Neither Carolina or Washington are out of the playoff race yet either, but they need to win. I think our chances are decent at this point. I would say 50%.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Watching some of the Seattle vs Carolina game and I have to say the Carolina Defense is starting to look like they have the last couple of seasons.. they might not beat the Cowboys on the scoreboard but they will beat up that Cowboy offense even more.

One more note... TO went into a mini blowup yesterday and sulked off the field.. if Carolina can hold him in check early.. TO might implode and help us along the way...

I like our chances in this homefield race.. Romo's accuracy didn't look good all game yesterday... which really was noticable when he was moving around outside of the pocket yesterday.. which is a large part of the threat of Romo. Peppers needs a game to help his contract situation this offseason.. this might be the big show on Saturday night that helps him gain some leverage in talks. I wonder how bad the thumb is?

But this will be all for not if we don't take care of business on our own schedule.. prepare for the Bears with a fury and then the Lions.. let the rest take care of itself.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more note... TO went into a mini blowup yesterday and sulked off the field.. if Carolina can hold him in check early.. TO might implode and help us along the way...

Pack, I don't mean to change the subject, but this is what I was saying when I was saying I'd rather have Driver or Jennings over TO. This crap really spoils morale, and morale in the NFL is HUGE. I think people underestimate just how big of a deal morale is. When TO does crap like this, the team's morale slips. Imagine if this happened in a big game.

Driver never gives up. No matter what.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas lost to the Eagles. So now we're both 12-2. What are our chances of going 14-2 and them dropping one more?

They play Carolina and Washington to finish. Both away games.

We play the Bears and the Lions. Bears away, Lions at home.

I think that we stomp them in both games. So it's up to Dallas to drop another for us.

Timmons - I take back what I said. I thought the Cows would win out and only the Lions could stop them. Now, I'm seeing a different team. I'm seeing a team that's very vulnerable. I think we have a shot of going 14-2 and there's a good chance the Cows will be 13-3.

We NEED to win out. That's the thing. We have to win both games, and preferably by wide margins. I want momentum going into the playoffs whether we have home field advantage or not.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reckon we get it and go all the way.

I just don't get this season!!!!

This team is young and hungry.

We should really have home field wrapped up by now.

We should never had lost against the bears in the first game.

Let us not forget however and this is the bears. They know that if they beat us its a sweep and we can't have that.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The DAL game in Charlotte this weekend will be like a home game for them. Just like STL was for us.
Don't be surprised if TO mouths off a little bit this week, he's way overdue, and hasn't been seeing the ball nearly enough the past 2 weeks.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us not forget however and this is the bears. They know that if they beat us its a sweep and we can't have that.

I am predicting a 30+ point victory over da Bears. If it's less than 30 points, I'm gonna be pissed. da Bears need to be embarrassed. I want to see Lovie Smith cry.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think theres much of a chance, especially with campbell out, and the panthers arent really a threat either(beating sea doesnt really convince me of anything), just because the eagles beat them dosen't say much, they have proven they can play with good teams and have good coaching. That said we will dominate the next 2 games.I think there is little doubt that we both win out and we nab the 2nd seed.....Which I am fine with heading to TX Stadium as an underdog and seizing revenge

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think theres much of a chance, especially with campbell out, and the panthers arent really a threat either(beating sea doesnt really convince me of anything), just because the eagles beat them dosen't say much, they have proven they can play with good teams and have good coaching. That said we will dominate the next 2 games.I think there is little doubt that we both win out and we nab the 2nd seed.....Which I am fine with heading to TX Stadium as an underdog and seizing revenge

I don't know if the Panthers or Skins can beat the Cowboys, but i do see the Cowboys beating themselves.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're going to have a harder time in these last two games than we expect.

Nah. Both the Lions and da Bears are demoralized. I'm expecting blow outs for both.

Don't worry, MM will not allow the Packers to be complacent.

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flep said:

I am predicting a 30+ point victory over da Bears. If it's less than 30 points, I'm gonna be pissed. da Bears need to be embarrassed. I want to see Lovie Smith cry.

Perfect. :)

As tempted as I am to say that our games will be close, I just have to believe that they won't. the ONLY thing Chicago has is a kick returner. And Detroit can't play outside.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Dallas beats Carolina Saturday

Funny feeling Dallas is going to have a hard time in Washington..Hopefully its a nasty muddy field

Packers and Dallas for their last game play at same time..Would be nice if they let Dallas play earlier then the Packers

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we are not a one in done team in the playoffs. Because i am a believer that Romo is a great QB but one that struggles in the playoffs. I could forsee us playing someone like Tampa Bay in the NFC championship. Not saying its going to happen, odds are its Dallas.

Also the Bears game is the only game i am worried about. From when Lovie Smith became in charge, his first priority is to beat the Green Bay Packers. I believe the Bears are built to capitalize over turnovers on Green Bay, so if Favre is perfect we will smoke the Bears, but if he throws two interceptions like he did during the Rams game - i might be a little worried.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts