Holmgren started 0-2 as well...

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Bobby Roberts said:
pyledriver80 said:
Last year we should have lost to Detroit and the Seahawks were resting there starters.

This makes TT 2-14 last year and 0-2 this year.

And the Packers should have beat the Browns, Bucs, Panthers, Vikings (twice), and Eagles. You could even argue that they should have beat the Lions week 1 and the Bears on Christmas. So with your logic, GB was actually 10-6 or 12-4 last season.

Should have lost the game but won is as much BS as should have won the game but lost. Should have is meaningless and the result is what counts. So it's almost as pathetic, but the Packers were 4-12 last year not 2-14.

TT's record thusfar is 4-14. This is pathetic enough, so why try to argue that it's actually worse?

I agree Bobby, but this is the same logic they use when judging Sherman. They state Sherman got his wins against "gravy teams" and his record was better than the team actually was. That logic can be used for any team to ever play in the NFL. Hence the "ridiculous" 2-14 notion.

Fair enough, but I think it says enough stating the record of 4-14. Plus you don't have to get into silly arguments about who should have won or lost a game.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
if thinking the 2005 saints are the same are the 2006 saints is a FACT....then you are not living in reality, and I would then understand why people say such stupid things on this site.

Trom.....YOU GOT IT!

It's fair to say the Saints are IMPROVED! If they are Improved and we destroyed them last year than we are either:

A. The Same
B. Worse than our 2-14 campaign

The saints are better. They won. We are also starting a lot more younger players this year, with a rookie coach...

but dont take too many things into consideration, it might hurt your point that you're not a packers fan, i mean that the packers suck.

Trom,
Last year it was YOU who *****ed abour every move that was made and said there were no excuses for losing, now some on this forum are questioning the same about TT and "we are not Packer fans".
Your football allegence and ignorance shows up daily, keep it coming.

I *****ed about coaching moves from a 6th year head coach, genius. What that has to do with TT is...nothing. Thanks for playing "Wrong" hosted by YOU.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Mike McCarthy will be no Mike Holmgrem.

I find myself longing for the Holmgrme/Wolf years.

Well Holmgren lost to Tampa Bay in his second game 31-3 and was on his way to losing his third until Majik got hurt.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:
if thinking the 2005 saints are the same are the 2006 saints is a FACT....then you are not living in reality, and I would then understand why people say such stupid things on this site.

Trom.....YOU GOT IT!

It's fair to say the Saints are IMPROVED! If they are Improved and we destroyed them last year than we are either:

A. The Same

2 - 14?? I thought we went 4 - 12 cuz ya know that sounds SOOO much better.

Cham, why didn't you mention the Packers shopped for LaVar Arrington or any of the others the Packers went for and they chose to go elsewhere?

Slip your mind?

Sorry i didnt mention that BUT we have a say in México "The road to hell is paved with good intentions and good wills".

So TT was not hired to "try" he was hired to get things done, he was unable to sign Lavar and some others, he was unable to get a real HC he was unable to do alot of things and he should be held responsible for that...

Sorry he is the GM, I am also a GM of a smaller company of course, but we have 47 guys that work here and I am responsible for the well being of the company as a whole....It is not enough to try.... You must get things done.. just my 1.7 cents...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:

Well Holmgren lost to Tampa Bay in his second game 31-3 and was on his way to losing his third until Majik got hurt.

True but McCarthy is just not in the same league as Holmgrem was. Holmgrem was the offensive coordinator for the 49ers. He was on winning teams. He was on Big time coaching staffs. McCarthy is a unknown guy who really might be in over his head. Whether he is remains to be seen. Expecting McCarthy to be Mike Holmgrem though isn't fair to Mike McCarthy.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

Trom.....YOU GOT IT!

A. The Same

Cham, why didn't you mention the Packers shopped for LaVar Arrington or any of the others the Packers went for and they chose to go elsewhere?

Slip your mind?

What I want to know is why didn't TT try to sign more offensive FA's?

I think the guy is too enamored with Defense, and he neglected the offense, imo.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

Trom.....YOU GOT IT!

A. The Same

Slip your mind?

What I want to know is why didn't TT try to sign more offensive FA's?

I think the guy is too enamored with Defense, and he neglected the offense, imo.

Have you seen our Defense? I'm not to sure I want TT to touch the offense. I mean just when you think it can't get worse

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cory said:
porky88 said:

True but McCarthy is just not in the same league as Holmgrem was. Holmgrem was the offensive coordinator for the 49ers. He was on winning teams. He was on Big time coaching staffs. McCarthy is a unknown guy who really might be in over his head. Whether he is remains to be seen. Expecting McCarthy to be Mike Holmgrem though isn't fair to Mike McCarthy.

I just think it's too soon to compare the two at all. For all we knew at the time Holmgren was also in way over his head. Hell, Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first season as an NFL coach.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly coaching takes time its not usually a one game and your in.

people that call for coaching heads after 2 games = stupid

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now it really doesn't matter. Do you mean to tell me that Belicheck(sp) could come in right now and have more success? You need talent and a coach to sharpen that talent, not create it, just smooth out the rough edges. We have alot of rough raw edges out there that need honing in which this season will bring. But to think we will contend is darn near nonimaginable. Am I jumping ship...hardly. I enjoy the stretching room on this wagon but am not oblivious to the obvious. Prior to the season I had high hopes that we could make some music, now I just want them to make some noise. Last week was an improvement over the 1st week. For that I was pleasantly surprised. If we can improve more and start seeing some consistency I'll be even more pleased. If anything I think MM is getting f'd by TT. MM said I want zone blocking and to run. TT said great, I'll give you 2 rookie guards, two old school tackles, and I'll get rid of all our RB's and a FB. Best of luck Mike.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
If anything I think MM is getting f'd by TT. MM said I want zone blocking and to run. TT said great, I'll give you 2 rookie guards, two old school tackles, and I'll get rid of all our RB's and a FB. Best of luck Mike.

Beautiful!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:
gravy teams or not.... if you look at the sherms playoff record. there are no qualifiers needed. he didnt win in the playoffs, ya know....when it counts.

At least he was in the playoffs. You must be real awful to make the playoffs every year.......so this makes MM how bad???

HE HAS COACHED FOR TWO GAMES, IN WHICH WE DRASTICALLY IMPROVED FROM ONE WEEK TO THE NEXT! SHUT UP ALREADY!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:
gravy teams or not.... if you look at the sherms playoff record. there are no qualifiers needed. he didnt win in the playoffs, ya know....when it counts.

At least he was in the playoffs. You must be real awful to make the playoffs every year.......so this makes MM how bad???

HE HAS COACHED FOR TWO GAMES, IN WHICH WE DRASTICALLY IMPROVED FROM ONE WEEK TO THE NEXT! SHUT UP ALREADY!

First of all I have nothing against MM so far but DRASTICALLY IMPROVED? How about our competition DRASTICALLY GOT WORSE. If you think our defense improved one bit then you're nuts.

WE LOST TO THE F***ING SAINTS AT LAMBEAU. LAST YEARS SCORE:

GREEN BAY 52
NEW ORLEANS 3

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
porky88 said:

Than this guy took over and rallied the Packers to victory. And they say the rest is history.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
smlutz said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

First of all I have nothing against MM so far but DRASTICALLY IMPROVED? How about our competition DRASTICALLY GOT WORSE. If you think our defense improved one bit then you're nuts.

WE LOST TO THE F***ING SAINTS AT LAMBEAU. LAST YEARS SCORE:

GREEN BAY 52
NEW ORLEANS 3

Please Depack.... Stop using facts.... MM needs time, maybe 6 years, after that with 6 high draft picks we can bring someone else to turn the boat around...

By the way Payton has only been HC for the same time than MM and he is 2-0, on the road, we are 0-2 at home...

The facts are: Some teams, like NO, made the rights moves during FA, Draft and got the right head coach, some team, like us, made crappy moves in FA, maybe good draft moves and crappy moves when we decided on the new HC, the results are there to be seen....2-0 on the road against 0-2 at home.

Maybe MM is a real good bartender and he gave TT the best Martinis he ever got so he deicded to hire him.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

I agree. IF there was no improvement at all, I would be scared\worried\upset that MM is a bust.

But there WAS improvement, on several levels(except pass D)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I agree. IF there was no improvement at all, I would be scared\worried\upset that MM is a bust.

But there WAS improvement, on several levels(except pass D)

I'm amazed at your ability to opine as to a game you never saw.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i only go by what i heard from multiple sources.

during play by play i heard "favre has time to throw" more than in week 1...so...yeah...thats how i CAN compare. see? :D

I wont even mention the other articles and whatnot, you get the point.

not to mention they showed the game on NFL network last night. But yeah...I didnt watch it live. so my opinions aren't valid. :roll:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts