HEY!!! Favre only needs 266 yards for 50,000 yards passing.

Reaction score
No one mentioned this, but Brett needs only 266 more yards to become just the third member in the EXTREMLY RARE 50,000 passing yards club. Only Elway and Marino are members, and if all goes well, this Sunday should see Brett join the exclusive club. And it would be great if the Pack won on Sunday too!

:beer: Here's hoping that another 50,000 more passing yards will come! :beer:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep, he also needs another TD against the lions to move up on the "most touchdowns by one person vs a team" list..

face it..every time he goes out there, hes breaking or making hsitory.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The yardage mark is the only one that is out there a bit. He won't surpass Marino in yardage until the end of the 2007 season. He needs his best year to surpass Marino in touchdowns this year but he should next year. He will pass Elway in yardage this year. He should get close to all time victories this year and break it next year.

For those of you with a good sense of humor, the final game of the 09 season Brett will tie the NFL record for consecutive starts at 270. Opening day of the 2010 season he sets that record. He will only be 39 then. He moves up to 5th or 4th this year.

Deana is proud of him and wants him to go out #1. He may just do it for her.
Playing in 2010 will not suprise me. I will laugh when he is with the Packers longer than Rodgers.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I caught that total yardage at the end of last season. I can remember when Jonhhy U (arguably the best QB ever) held the record.

I believe Marino has 420 TD passes and Favre has 374 I think.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great part about Brett is he would give up all the records for another Super Bowl win and certainly to have the most SB wins. I would like to see him get them all! :D

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Traxx, I think any real Packer fan would want to see Brett get it all. But I want to see Brett ride of into the sunset. I want to see him end his career with a BANG! (like Elway), not with a whimper (like Gannon). If anyone has EARNED that right, it is Good'ol #4.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. When I said all, I meant the major passing records and the most SB wins, that would mean we get at least three more before he retires. :D 8)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yep, he also needs another TD against the lions to move up on the "most touchdowns by one person vs a team" list..

face it..every time he goes out there, hes breaking or making hsitory.
You mean he has torched someone more times than the Bears?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: HEY!!! Favre only needs 266 yards for 50,000 yards passi

all about da packers said:
No one mentioned this, but Brett needs only 266 more yards to become just the third member in the EXTREMLY RARE 50,000 passing yards club. Only Elway and Marino are members, and if all goes well, this Sunday should see Brett join the exclusive club. And it would be great if the Pack won on Sunday too!

So. If he did not play the Bears twice a year he would only have about 10,000 yards for his career.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Hey Phil, it's alright for you to be angry, frustrated, jealous, or all of the above. I mean with Rex "Fragile" Glassman on the shelf, and Blake as your backup (not to mention Medicine Woman as your starter last year), I can understand your animosity towards our fixture at QB for over a decade. :p But hey, its not all bad... at least you have Orton to put your hopes on.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Phil, it's alright for you to be angry, frustrated, jealous, or all of the above. I mean with Rex "Fragile" Glassman on the shelf, and Blake as your backup (not to mention Medicine Woman as your starter last year), I can understand your animosity towards our fixture at QB for over a decade. :p But hey, its not all bad... at least you have Orton to put your hopes on.
I believe that I was complimenting his dominance over the Bears but maybe I should state it in a way that is easy for you to understand. How about this.... I am complimenting his dominance over the Bears. Get it?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ummm, Phil I got that part. See I put emoticon of the tounge sticking out, it was to indicate a joke since I wasn't being serious. I got that you were only joking, but I was in the mood to make fun of the Bears QB situation. The animosity I stated was the simple animosity of you not liking Favre because he has whipped the Bears in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you respect him and all, but I persumed that you would have a bitterness against him when he played the Bears. Just like I respect Moss and Cullpeper as players, at times I do dispise them as players since they are on the Vikes and beat the Pack. I couldn't find any better pic to illustrate my post as being a joke. Didn't mean to offend you. :mrgreen:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm, Phil I got that part. See I put emoticon of the tounge sticking out, it was to indicate a joke since I wasn't being serious. I got that you were only joking, but I was in the mood to make fun of the Bears QB situation. The animosity I stated was the simple animosity of you not liking Favre because he has whipped the Bears in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am sure you respect him and all, but I persumed that you would have a bitterness against him when he played the Bears. Just like I respect Moss and Cullpeper as players, at times I do dispise them as players since they are on the Vikes and beat the Pack. I couldn't find any better pic to illustrate my post as being a joke. Didn't mean to offend you. :mrgreen:
I am joking brother. How can anyone NOT make fun of Quinn?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre threw for more touchdowns at the previous version of Soldier Field (before the remodel) than any other QB. Yes that includes Bear QB's. Got that from Athalon Sports when they were writing about new Soldier Field. He only played there once a year but a lot of years.

It seems that against the Bears 3 TD's would be a bad game for Brett.

Come to think of it, I hope the Packers meet the Bears in the playoffs.

Halftime of the Monday Night game in 03 on the national radio broadcast Mike Ditka went into a rant about the Bears organization. At one point he said "I was hired by a Halas and I was fired by a McCaskey." He indicated the organization did not have a passion for football and Ol' George if he were around wouldn't stand for what was going on.

The Bears have to solve something. I might be not drafting RB's in the first round.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need the Packers to go 14-2 this year. Then Favre will have more wins than any other QB. If he goes 13-3, he'll pass Marino and be tied with Elway.

50,000 yards are nice, but I'd rather have the wins. :mrgreen:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Come to think of it, I hope the Packers meet the Bears in the playoffs.

Halftime of the Monday Night game in 03 on the national radio broadcast Mike Ditka went into a rant about the Bears organization. At one point he said "I was hired by a Halas and I was fired by a McCaskey." He indicated the organization did not have a passion for football and Ol' George if he were around wouldn't stand for what was going on.
Ditka is right. Halas did not leave Virginia and Mike McCaskey in charge of the Bears and they took control only after Mugs died. By the way, can you believe that the Packers and the Bears have met in the playoffs only one time in all of these years? Two teams with over 80 years of history and 21 titles between them and them face each other in the post season only once. They played the Giants 6 times and the Redskins 4 times for the championship but not the Packers.
Besides winning 9 titles, the Bears played in the NFL championship game 4 other times and lost.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that the Pack does win on Sunday. The odds have Detroit beating them. In fact, in our local paper, some guy has predicted that the Packers will be third in the division, the queens first, the lions second, and da bears fourth. I hope that he is proven wrong. I would like to see the Pack first and the lions second. If anyone but the Pack would be first, I hope it would be the lions. I like Mooch.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
We need the Packers to go 14-2 this year. Then Favre will have more wins than any other QB. If he goes 13-3, he'll pass Marino and be tied with Elway.

50,000 yards are nice, but I'd rather have the wins. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen this game... rather more like next week against Cleveland. More importantly, I'd rather he didn't get hurt either.... Rodgers still needs to see Brett play in a real game "up close"...

The sad thing about the North is it really isn't near any larger Cities other than Chicago... The Midwest has never been known for attracting people away from the Coastal beaches, etc. Same goes with the Players... Green Bay is a great place, especially if you're a family oriented football player. If you're single, tho' - it sorta stinks. And with the two hour drive back down to Milwaukee (great place that it is)..... well, it's sorta tough tokeep getting hotel rooms all the time. Yet, Players do think about it that way....

Having said that - I'm not surprised that our Teams would end up playing "other" teams in the playoffs like they have... How many times have any of us played the Lions in the Playoffs? None, I would say... even back in the day.... I'm old enough to remember watching Tarkenton on TV... Back then, the only way we remember Detroit is if they print something up in the newspaper on Thanksgiving.

If Lovie Smith can get "two" more key players and Kyle Orton takes off (no injuries..?) -- look for the Bears to re-emerge and we'll be sitting with Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

I simply do not see Brett playing but one more year...if that.
I don't think he really cares all that much about those records at all..
They're just a part of having seniority in this League. It's about the RING!

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
IPBPrez, I agree with you in that he wants the ring, and I also can't see Brett return for more than a one more year after this. I think Brett wants to go out on top, and not stay around for ever while he obviously isn't the same player as past years.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: HEY!!! Favre only needs 266 yards for 50,000 yards passi

Brett should not worry about setting new records, he should be worried about winning games.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I hope that the Pack does win on Sunday. The odds have Detroit beating them. In fact, in our local paper, some guy has predicted that the Packers will be third in the division, the queens first, the lions second, and da bears fourth. I hope that he is proven wrong. I would like to see the Pack first and the lions second. If anyone but the Pack would be first, I hope it would be the lions. I like Mooch.

the pack will be p.od enough to prove them wrong. :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts