1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Here are 20 things the Packers don't need

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    From JSOnline.com

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, that was a depressing thing to read.

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I feel sick.

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That pretty much sums it up. If we only do TWENTY things right we will be in good shape.

5. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sharper deserves to be hit REAL HARD...those lips are a flappin' a little too much.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i disagree about the pro bowl no shows...

that doesnt mean anything...its a popularity contest.

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It sure was depressing. Most of the points are valid (and pretty darn obvious), but I am scratching my head at #5, about the tough schedule at the beginning of the season. The Bears are good, but the Saints, Lions, and Eagles were all below .500 last season, and it's not a sure thing that they will be any better.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is going to happen. I see at least 9 making it for sure and that's 20 1st and 2nd year players. It's great from a future standpoint but not a win now standpoint.

9. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch! :wink:

10. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't see much I would disagree with. I would also add;

21. Losing the turnover battle. Pretty hard to win when you do that consistently.

22. Losing the field position battle. Without a good offense, you can't afford to be constantly giving up yards with poor special teams play.

23. Not generating any pass rush on opposing QBs, thus giving them all day to find open receivers. We may have the best CB's in the NFL, but give WRs enough time and they'll get open.

24. Players lose morale at some point during the season. If we do end up with a really young team, it'll be very important for the coaching staff to keep them inspired if things start going south. If not, things will go a lot farther south.

25. Losing home games. Lea mentioned away games, buit what really broke the teams back the last couple of years was losing at home.

26. Losing the fans. One thing GB teams have always been known for is the fans. But it got a little too common last year hearing the "boos" from the fans at home games. If this starts happening again this year if the team struggles out of the gate, GB will once again become the "purgatory" of the NFL.

JMHO.

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That really hurts to read.

12. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Packer Fan For Life No Matter How Bad They May Do!

13. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Yup! That is a killer for any team and it gets over looked far to often. That is why Favre's INTs out weighed his passing yardage.

14. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of those ints Favre was just thinking hey are punter can come in.. naaa why have him shank one when i can throw it 80 yards down the field for an int, that way we have an excellent punt

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packer fans never turn on they're team. #26 will never happen. Packer fans don't boo because they're hating the Pack. Packer fans boo out of frustration. We're not Philly fans... :lol:

16. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you're not serious. An interception usually gives the returner an open field, as there is no coverage team. And I seriously doubt that Favre was trying to "punt" at the end of the Philadelphia game, when he threw two passes in a row up for grabs, ending the Pack's chances of winning.

17. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to me that the desperation toss started in the last play of the SB with Denver. I still contiue to scratch my head when it happens.

18. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No. 2 describes Al Harris as a veteran safety.

If he's playing safety instead of CB, we are in trouble.