1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hawk Signed (in principle)!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 4packgirl, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    woo hoo!!!!! :joy:

details...6 year deal is all i heard so far!!

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Hawk Signed!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE NEWS, I LOVE YOU! :D (In a sisterly way :) )

Let the party begin!

3. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Green Bay Packers have agreed in principle to a six-year, $37.5 million contract with A.J. Hawk, the fifth overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

The former Ohio State linebacker hopes to get the language of the contract done by Saturday morning so that he can practice. Terms of his guarantees haven't been finalized. Those will be done Friday night and Saturday morning.

Talks between the Packers and Hawk's agent, Mike McCartney, heated up Thursday afternoon when the Jets completed a similar deal with D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the fourth pick in the draft. The Packers reported to camp Friday.

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    technically it's "in principle" but i'd guess it'll be totally official soon!!

good to know you love me in a sisterly way since i'm OLD enuf to be your mother - in principle, of course!! :)

5. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    What is up with all these Mike's? And "McCartney"? Is it just me or do you think McCarthy was posing as Hawks agent, making sure he would be in on time? Gotta admit, that man may be an O guru, but he needs some help in the disguise department.

6. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, yup, I love the gals my age, and have a ton of respect for those who are older (or in you case, ancient :wink: ) :lol: Figure you have helped me enough, like a big sis would. :)

None-the-less, I think this is cause enough for a party! Erm, Ryan's house anyone? :D

7. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    me, ancient?? depack - maybe. but me?? nah!!

now i'm heading to the kitchen to get a wine cooler & celebrate what will soon be the crucial signing of hawk!! yippee!!!!

8. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  9. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Overpaid, but glad he is going to sign...

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    YAY!!!!!!!

11. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NFL Network said that Hawk signed for 6 years,41 million,with 16 million garrenteed (not sure it was spelled right).

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 1/60728076

13. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd rather them overpay him now than to have him holdout within the next two years...

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2532913

15. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hodge has signed as well according to KFFL. All rookies are now accounted for. Sweet.

16. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I logged in this evening specifically hoping to read the words "Hawk signed," so thanks to 4packgirl for the good news, and to the others for providing some details. With picks this high, it is no guarantee that they will sign in time for the season. (Remember what Bryant McKinnie did to the Vikings a few years ago. He held out till November, and I think he was a #6 overall pick.)

I hope it is true that Hodge has signed as well. We have players who want to play! That's always a good start.

17. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Great news!

Everybody is signed. Lets kick some a$$!!

18. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i couldn't BELIEVE it when i got on the site & nobody had posted it yet!! good news on hodge as well!!!

btw, i heard that Bush is "officially" holding out in N.O.!! not cool if it's really true. i guess he wants more dinero than williams got. arrrgh!!!

19. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    officially holding out just means he missed a practice so he officially became a holdout. I believe AJ Hawk is considered "officially a holdout" because he missed tonights practice

20. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It isn't really accurate to call them holdouts. A holdout is when a player has a contract already but refuses to play until a new contract is agreed to. Saying rookies are holding out is kind of like saying a guy that is entering free agency is holding out. I mean it is obviously different in that the team that drafts the player has exclusive rights, but there is nothing technically wrong with waiting to get the right contract, although I do think most players realize that missing significant amounts of training camps is going to hurt them more, see Cedric Benson.

21. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone clue me in as to why Hawk was paid so little this year(comparatively speaking) and $10mil NEXT year with a bonus. Usually it's the other way around. Must be a good reason. At first glance it would appear to be a blockbuster for a LB but as another poster stated.."..it will look cheap in a couple of years." Hawk has one GOOD agent, IMO. But don't get me wrong...I love having Hawk as a Packer.

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Maybe because of allotted cap space? I dunno.

23. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you say he was overpaid?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The only thing that bothers me.........will this tick of Barnett now? Will he cry like Harris cause "someone on the team is making MORE then me! WHAHHHH!!!" I saw Barnett on TV a few nights ago, and it LOOKED like he won't take that road. But i worry about it none the less.

25. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    At least right now Hawk looks like a man of character. But I've seen this time and again, a player signs a great contract and two later a lesser player makes more money and then they hold out and want more. That's the real problem with the long term contracts, they don't mean anything. If you doubt my words, look at McKenzie, Walker, Harris, and the list goes on. But I think this Hawk kid is going to be an amazing player. I hope he's everything and more that Mario Williams would have been. It's a great sign and I'm hoping that Hawk is going to become the next Nitchke.