Hargrove's Agent Wants Answers

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agent Phil Williams, who represents former New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove, released a statement Sunday asking a lengthy series of questions to the NFL about the league's handling of its "bounty" investigation. In it Williams expresses his disappointment with the league's "cloak and dagger" approach to the investigation, and he specifically accuses the league of lying or misrepresenting certain accusations

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/06/agent_for_suspended_former_new.html

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting remarks from Hargrove's attorney.

Given the alleged paucity of evidence establishing these players' direct participation in the bounty scheme, the league may be hurting itself in Vilma's defamation suit. Perhaps Hargrove, Fujita and Smith file as well...

OP
OP
morningwood

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the comments section to the story on PFT someone posted what they said was the complete statement of Hargrove's agent. That statement included the following:

"And why was he (Hargrove) the only player you chose to interview about the so-called “bounty” program at that time? Was it because of his difficult past? Was it possibly because he was an easy target?"

In all of this time I have never heard which players were interviewed in early 2010 after the initial allegations were made. If it's true the NFL only choose to interview one player, and I have no reason to think that it is not, it is very interesting.

If the NFL had reason to believe that one of its teams was placing bounties on the players of other teams and all the NFL did was a drive by investigation, then Goodell is guilty of the same thing he accused Loomis of -- failing to take meaningful action.

Of course Goodell has tried to sidestep this issue by claiming this was a "three year investigation."

Another issue is that Hargrove was slammed harder than any player other than Vilma. And Hargrove was not a team captain. I guess this shows that when the NFL comes knocking on the door it's best not to answer the door.

Staff online

Latest posts