1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Great first half!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Sep 1, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    A red zone stop. 1st and goal from the 10 and we stopped them. That is promising! a 3 and out, and another stop.

Favre to walker for a TD. Oline had some problems but this is the time for that.

Joey thomas is taking carrolls job. JenkinsHuntJackson was nice after they got started.

Lenon...where did he come from?

Promising, packers fan. Very promising.

For those of you looking at the score....im not even going to start.

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    good for you to keep the faith trom. we appreciate it. second half will be very different if they really care to play. WWVD?

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Lenon has done great in pass coverage this preseason, but his run defense is sketchy.

Like Maas said, Chris Johnson couldn't have done anything else on that TD pass to Bennett...perfect coverage, but unfortunatly a perfect throw and catch as well.

4. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think our D is doing pretty good, but it would be alot better if KGB was in(he is out due to a neck sprain...he will play the Sept. 11 game)

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    interception. earl little. pressure by cullen jenkins.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    confidence is back.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah you would packerchick...sigh...

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe again. I hope you believe me.

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

A good effort by the defence and the offence. A good ending to the pre-season.

Lets get prepared for the Lions.

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, it was a pretty crappy first half, but at least it got better as it went on. Almost all of the first quarter was awful for both the offense and the defense. Once Favre got that drive going, things picked up, and it was nice to see Rodgers do a decent job in relief till Favre could come back. The four personal foul penalties were downright strange. Carroll had two consecutive penalties--one for holding and one for pass interference--but Joey Thomas looked good and I really hope he is given the starting job. I think Paris Lenon may have also earned himself a starting position.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    so none of the things i said in my first post count? ...ok...you guys are weird.

12. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom, you're on the money with the positives. Keep in mind that most of us Packer fans wear our hearts on our sleeve. No one is giving up. Jusy emotionally challenged at this point! I know we'll gel and our D will get better once we've solidified positions which this game answered. The inconsistency of the OL has me worried a bit, as I don't want Brett going through this every week. Anywho keep the faith Packer Nation and remember " on any given Sunday".