Good article from SI (DrZ), Tidbits about draft prospects

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Good article from SI (DrZ), Tidbits about draft prospect

If we sign a DB like Woodson or Plummer than I'd rule Huff out.. Trading down for Brodrick Bunkely makes a lot of sense though.. He'd be a great fit next to Pickett.. 44 reps of 225.. That's insane.. I think he's a lot like Richard Seymour.. Athletic and big..

EDIT: Not saying that's what they'll do. Just throwing out a possibility..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

gopackgo4 said:
DT is a lesser need.

IF we sign Woodson or Plummer.. what's the point in taking another DB. Manuel is being paid as the starter as would Plummer or Woodson. We have Nick Collins and Ahmad Carroll as well. Marvel Underwood is expected to add depth..

As for DT we have Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Cullen Jenkins, Kenny Peterson, Donell Washington...

Bunkley would be an instant starter...

Now I'm not saying they'll trade down and take him no ands ifs bout it. I'm saying it's certainly a possiblity.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted does not draft for need but for value using the "best player left on the board" mentality.

For example not drafting an OG until Whitticker in 7th when OG was a need. Rodgers and Coston were not really a need in 2005.

His method has detractors but it is a long term strategy.

Ted is not that concerned with needs.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So if the highest rated player on your board each round is a WR you draft 7 WR? Good strategy.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Ted does not draft for need but for value using the "best player left on the board" mentality.

For example not drafting an OG until Whitticker in 7th when OG was a need. Rodgers and Coston were not really a need in 2005.

Seems not concerned with "winning" either...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Seems not concerned with "winning" either...

well said, Pack66!

you are SUCh a great poster!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that if TT doesn't end up signing some quality(and costly) FA's he will stick with the #5 pick.

There is some serious talent in the top of this draft and if he passes on what's available in FA I don't see him passing up a Williams or a Hawk in the draft.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok when will you people understand that "taking the best player available" means nothing. Of course he will take the needs, otherwise he would not be a NFL GM.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts