Get Your Excuses Ready Why The Packers Won.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you go Slick and Steal Wheels.

San Diego drafted a kicker in the third round.

San Diego was playing their 4th team offence.

Sherman did not call for Longwell to kick the field goal. Longwell just ran out on the field and kicked it while Sherman was thinking of a 4th down play.

RP

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely is Longwell's moment.

That other Diego kicker--what's his name--missed a couple as I remember--has been parkin' cars and pumpin' gas ever since.

LOL.

Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Sherman did not call for Longwell to kick the field goal. Longwell just ran out on the field and kicked it while Sherman was thinking of a 4th down play.

RP

HAHAHA! :lol: Go on SW and P@ck66, just say it already, "It was pure luck that the Pack won".

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the preseason. You want to see the rookies play well, the new guys get a feel for their teammates and evaluate the bubble players. That is all. Really, that is all. :wall:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

RP

I don't quite follow how I get brought into this.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Jue's fault the Chargers lost the game! He ran out of bounce and made an illegal touch of the ball :D

Funny thing was, when they called the penalty and named Jue the culprit, for a second there I forgot he wasn't on our team and I got a tad upset when I heard his name being called. I'm glad he wasn't a Packer on that play.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I muttered to myself, Bahwoh...wow!

Then chuckled... I guess the play on words was a bit ironic.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Let's hear it Steel....

Tell us again how the Pack had no hope in winning in the preseason, and therefore had no hopes of making it anywhere in the regular season.

Are you still going to try to convince us they are going to lose the next 3???

I didn't think so...

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved the look on the Charger's kicker face after Longwell made the 53 yard field goal. What a look of amazement. Here, the poor guy misses threee, Longwell comes out and makes it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were some great things to take from the game and much for us to work on. In the end it was only the first preseason game, just like last week was only a scrimmage.

The positives are obvious with Favre, Sander, Longwell, Chatman all playing well. I actually liked watching how well Washington was playing at the end, shedding blocks and making plays. The defense was solid, not particularly great but I love the intensity and definitely improved tackling.

The negatives are also obvious. O'Sullivan shouldn't last through the first cut. He's got good mobility, but his accuracy is terrible. He's on the outside and last night didn't help. Our CBs tend to look lost at times. Our DL still has a lot of work for the pass rush. Our OL has a ton of work ahead in replacing the guards, more than I had previously thought.

In the end it was a good start with things to work on and positive points to build from. I really like seeing all of the talent, energy and speed on this team, now it's up to the coaches to mold these guys into winners.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i walked into the house just in time to see the KO for the 2nd half but at least i got to see longwell show why he's a stud. mike montgomery impressed me too.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Raider Pride said:

RP

I thought the same thing, Slick. Probably meant P@ck66 and Steel Wheels and not you. Not sure, tho.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick you're all good. I would go with a typo there.

Longwell... Yeah coach I'll take that 54 yard kick in the pouring rain and blowing wind. Ok. he's the man.

Members online

Latest posts