Gabbert has Thursday dinner with Vikes, Friday lunch with PFT

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Former Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert, whom many regard as the top quarterback — and possibly the top pick — in the 2011 NFL draft, has had a busy couple of days.* Dave Matter of the Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune reports that Gabbert had dinner Thursday night with Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman and head coach Leslie…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the point? He's not available at #12 regardless of whether he deserves a top 10 spot or not. Some team will reach within the top 8 spots to grab him. Vikings are wasting their time.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's not probable, but I guess it's possible that Gabbert could somehow fall to them.

If I were Minnesota, though, I'd be more concerned with Cam Newton and Jake Locker, though.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
The Vikings have little chance of moving up in the draft top grab him. Besides, I have a feeling he is going to be another Andre Ware... great QB size, has the arm, can make all the throws, smart... but played in a spread offense. I don't want Newton either. Knowing my Vikings their QB pick will be Ralph Schmidlapp from the University of Dunk'n Donuts.

Blaine Gabbert - He'll be off the board, but I think the fact he played in a gimmick offense, was constantly out of shape and he struggled with his accuracy, he will be a bust.

Cam Newton - Cam has great size and athleticism to be a very effective collegiate quarterback, but like Dan LeFevour, will be downgraded for playing in a gimmick offense.

Christian Ponder - This QB is a slightly better version of Tony Pike; his arm strength isn't very good, but he's a smart and accurate quarterback.

Colin Kaepernick - He has nice size and athleticism, but Nevada's goofy offense hasn't prepared him for the pros at all.

Jake Locker - This QB suffers from trademark inconsistency and poor accuracy. His passes are too high. He fumbles. His footwork is very poor. His decision-making isn't very good either.

Ryan Mallett - His team may have a winning record and he put up good stats, but if you take a closer look, his accuracy is highly inconsistent, he has poor mechanics, and he struggles with mobility and has a hard time eluding pass rushers. Mallett is a bit of a statue in the pocket and doesn't create throwing lanes outside the tackle box when his receivers struggle to get open. Worst of all... he has character issues. The guy is a head case.

I think the Vikings will be stuck with Mallet. *vomit*

Just my .02 cents worth

~Val

Members online