Friday Practice

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Jennings, Morency sidelined?

Receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring) and running back Vernand Morency (patellar-tendon strain) were held out of the early portion of the Green Bay Packers’ practice Friday that reporters were allowed to watch. The Packers will release their official injury report later today – on Fridays only, they have to list whether a player is out, doubtful, questionable or probable. The general guideline is that if a player doesn’t practice Friday, he usually doesn’t play Sunday, though it was unclear whether either or both took part in later team drills. Coach Mike McCarthy is likely to be vague about their status at his afternoon press conference so the Philadelphia Eagles will be unsure whether they’re going to play.

Note: No surprise here...rookies Jackson and Jones will start...RB VM, limited snaps, and WR Jennings, game day decision.

:pop: :pop: :pop:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
KFFL...

Packers | Rouse limited during practice, listed as doubtful
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:49:42 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers SS Aaron Rouse (hamstring) was very limited during practice Friday, Sept. 7, and is listed as doubtful for Week 1. Rouse will likely not play Week 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | Moll listed as doubtful
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:47:23 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OL Tony Moll (stinger) has been listed as doubtful for Week 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | Grant practices, listed as questionable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:45:42 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB Ryan Grant (hamstring) fully participated in practice Friday, Sept. 7, but is listed as questionable for Week 1 because the team does not know how Grant's hamstring will feel this weekend. Grant may not be active Week 1 because of the injury and he has recently joined the team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | Spitz practices Friday
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:39:28 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers OG Jason Spitz (calf) participated in practice Friday, Sept. 7, and was not listed on the injury report. Spitz should play Week 1.

Packers | Kampman limited during practice, listed as probable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:36:54 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers DE Aaron Kampman (side) was limited during practice Friday, Sept. 7, but is listed as probable for Week 1. Kampman should be able to play Week 1.

Packers | Jennings misses practice, listed as questionable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:35:36 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (hamstring) did not participate in practice Friday, Sept. 7, and is listed as questionable for Week 1. Head coach Mike McCarthy said Jennings could dress for the game even after missing practice if his leg feels healthy enough.

Packers | Morency misses practice, listed as questionable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:29:04 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB Vernand Morency (knee) did not participate in practice Friday, Sept. 7, because of soreness in his knee. Morency is listed as questionable for Week 1. There is a chance Morency could play Week 1, but his carries would likely be limited.

Packers | B. Jackson practices, listed as probable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:25:55 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers RB Brandon Jackson (concussion) fully participated in practice Friday, Sept. 7, and is listed as probable for Week 1. Jackson is expected to start Week 1 and get the majority of snaps.

Packers | Driver practices, listed as probable
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:25:01 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver (foot) fully participated in practice Friday, Sept. 7, and is listed as probable for Week 1. Driver will likely play Week 1.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the part of the year when I don't even look at injury reports seriously. Unless someone breaks a bone, or tears a ligament, I'm not going to buy 100% of things listed.

I mean, Kampman limited during practice? Listed as probable? Sounds like they're being safe, resting guys up, getting ready for sunday.

I hope the guys that ARE banged up, get healthy fast, and man up. This is the NFL.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the only concern is Jennings really. Rouse and Moll being out is nothing to right home about. I'd like to see them in but I much rather have them get healthy for the rest of the season in case one of the starters go down.

Jennings is up in the air.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/a...ency-jennings-questionable-kampman-added.aspx

Injury report: Morency, Jennings questionable; Kampman added

The first real injury report of the week was released, and there's a mix of good and bad news as far as the Green Bay Packers are concerned. As expected, wide receiver Donald Driver (foot) is listed as probable and should start. Defensive end Aaron Kampman is also listed as probable with a twinge in his rib cage. He was limited in practice on Friday. On the negative side, wide receiver Greg Jennings was not able to practice with a right hamstring injury and is listed as questionable.

"We're just being smart with him today," McCarthy said. "I talked to Greg at practice. He feels good about Sunday's contest, but we'll work him again tomorrow. He went through the whole rehab phase today. I'll get some information when I get back in there. I'll just go back on what he tells me and what the trainers tell me. Hopefully they tell me the same thing. That's sometimes a problem." If Jennings can't go, McCarthy said rookie James Jones would start in Jennings' place.

Both of the Packers' "veteran" running backs, Vernand Morency and Ryan Grant, are questionable as well. McCarthy on Morency: "He really pushed it as far as his conditioning and rehab. As far as did he get enough work reps-wise, I would say yes in certain situations. I would not put him out there to play 50-60 snaps. That wouldn't be the plan for him....He's sore. As far as where he is in his rehab, Doc McKenzie is looking for a little better recovery the next day when he really does push it. We did some things with him today, and we'll see how he feels tomorrow...I'm hopeful he's at the back end of his injury. I'm hopeful this is probably the last week, or the last two weeks, of what he's going through. He's just got to get over this last hurdle."

McCarthy on Grant: "I really do (feel better about his status), because you want to take three halfbacks into the game. Going into the game with two is something you really don't want to do. So once again, the health of that group needs to improve from top to bottom. But I feel better today than I did probably two days ago.

Here's the Packers' entire injury report:

OUT
DE Michael Montgomery (knee)

DOUBTFUL
S Aaron Rouse (hamstring)
T Tony Moll (neck)

QUESTIONABLE
RB Ryan Grant (hamstring)
WR Greg Jennings (hamstring)
RB Vernand Morency (knee)

PROBABLE
WR Donald Driver (foot)
RB Brandon Jackson (concussion)
DE Aaron Kampman (rib)

:pop: :pop: :pop:

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM PRESS CONFERENCE

http://www.packers.com/

OK, I'll start with the official injury report. Friday, for participation, Mike Montgomery was out, and his status for the game will be out. Donald Driver was full participation today, his status will be probable for Sunday's contest. Ryan Grant, full participation, he'll be questionable. See how he is in the morning. Brandon Jackson, full participation, probable. Greg Jennings did not participate, he will be questionable for Sunday. Aaron Kampman, limited participation, he is probable. Tony Moll, limited participation, doubtful. Vernand Morency did not participate, questionable. Aaron Rouse, limited participation, doubtful. OK, with that, I'll take your questions.

(What is Kampman's injury?)

Kampman has a twinge in his side.

(Did Morency get enough work that he could go, and can he be football ready after missing all of camp?)

He really pushed it as far as his conditioning and rehab. As far as did he get enough work reps-wise, I would say yes in certain situations. I would not put him out there to play 50-60 snaps. That wouldn't be the plan for him.

(With Jennings, is that a recurring thing, the hamstring?)

No, it's just something that twinged on him yesterday, and we're just being smart with him today.

(How did Driver look this week?)

I thought Donald looked good. I don't foresee him having a problem, if he does go.

(Can Jackson carry it 25 times if he had to?)

Well, maybe we'll find out. But he's definitely young enough and strong enough. He's built for that. I don't think he's a guy you have to keep in the 10 to 15 range. I think he's definitely physical enough to go 20 to 25.

(Do you feel better with Grant being able to practice today?)

I really do, because you want to take three halfbacks into the game. Going into the game with two is something you really don't want to do. So once again, the health of that group needs to improve from top to bottom. But I feel better today than I did probably two days ago

(Is Jones the starter if Jennings can't go?)

James Jones, yes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman has a twinge...in his side....

and they're being smart with jennings....

lol.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope GJ is OK and plays Sat.
I'm, interested to see if B-Jack gets 25 carries and what he can do against philly bitlz packages.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok i havent seen anything about blackmon on the injury report. I am assuming that he is playing then?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok i havent seen anything about blackmon on the injury report. I am assuming that he is playing then?

From what I've been hearing, he can play defensive back but they don't trust him returning kicks because of the thumb injury. So I'm assuming he will be inactive for Sunday's game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't what it is, but I really think these 'injuries' are fluffed up a bit. Especially after reading a quote from Mike where he says the uncertainty of a players injury status gives that team an advantage.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/225537

Packers notes: Jennings sits with hamstring injury

It turns out the starting wide receiver the Green Bay Packers have to worry about being available for Sunday 's regular-season opener against Philadelphia isn't Donald Driver. It 's Greg Jennings. Jennings strained a hamstring in practice Thursday and sat out Friday's workout. He is listed as questionable on the team 's official injury report. Driver, who suffered a sprained right foot in an Aug. 23 preseason game against Jacksonville, is listed as probable and participated fully in Friday 's practice. "I thought Donald looked good," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "I don't forsee him having a problem." McCarthy said Jennings told him he "feels good" about playing Sunday, but the trainers will have the final call. "Hopefully they tell me the same thing," McCarthy said. "That's sometimes the problem." If Jennings can't go, James Jones would start and Ruvell Martin would become the third receiver. "Definitely I'm expecting Greg to play," Jones said. "I don't think his injury is that serious."

At halfback, rookie Brandon Jackson is poised to start after participating fully Friday. Vernand Morency did not practice but did not have a setback, McCarthy said. Instead, McCarthy said Morency simply was "sore." Morency missed virtually all of camp after straining the patellar tendon in his right knee July 28, the first day of practice. Asked if Morency was ready to play after such a long layoff, McCarthy replied, "He's really pushed it as far as conditioning and rehab. (So) I would say yes, in certain situations. I would not put him out there to play 50, 60 snaps. That wouldn't be the plan for him."

Latest posts