Forumisms

Sky King

Reaction score
Forumisms:
(See: *Disclaimer below)
  1. The Devil you don't know is better than the Devil you do know
  2. Cutting players from position groups that already suffer from a lack of quality depth will actually help the team
  3. Players that are paid a high salary are not permitted to become injured
  4. The speed of the healing process shall be in direct proportion to a player's salary
  5. The Packer front office should have known in advance that a player would suffer a specific injury after he had joined the team - even multiple seasons out
  6. Only the Packers suffer an unusual amount of injuries
  7. Injuries are not a legitimate excuse for playing at a level below fan expectations and, therefore, shall not be tolerated
  8. Players (for other teams) that have aged beyond their prime years are significantly more desirable than Packer players who've experienced exactly the same progression
  9. Never acknowledge that some players had at one time significantly outperformed their first contracts. It doesn't count in the law of averages
  10. Successful coaches will never reach their zenith unless they coach the Packers which, of course, they all want to do
  11. Any high-salaried player that becomes injured must be oft-ridiculed publicly because that will shame him into performing better
  12. Every player in the league is dying to play for the Packers and will do so for less salary
  13. There are always good players that are still available despite having remained unsigned, yet they're still way better than some current Packers
  14. If enough bubble players are offered to another team they'll gladly give the Packers a high draft pick or a Pro-Bowl player in return for those players
  15. All Packer roster cuts made at the end of preseason will be highly sought after by every other NFL team
  16. If the Packers would only do this ONE thing (fill in the blank) - that only (fill-in your name) can see - they would win more Super Bowls
  17. Only statistics that support my arguments have any real merit
  18. Only players from other teams do bad things off the field
  19. I've never been an NFL player. Regardless, I'm more knowledgeable than NFL front office and coaching personnel (except for Bill Belichick)
  20. Watching highlights is the equivalent to "studying tape"
  21. Any Packer should be cut/traded the instant he does not play as well as expected.
  22. Any rookie Packer player better than pathetic in a pre-season game is pro-bowl caliber and on his way to Canton.
  23. Once my mind is made up, a player can never develop anymore. His play will always be what it once was.
*Disclaimer:
Any resemblance between the points above and the view on my monitor are purely coincidental. Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion and not an official representation of Microsoft Corporation or any other Microsoft employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. Any spelling mistakes in this post are all entirely my fault. Any grammar errors spotted in this post were put there because I could. Apply smileys liberally throughout the above as needed. If that doesn't help, take two ****** and call your analyst in the morning.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
*Disclaimer:
Any resemblance between the points above and the view on my monitor are purely coincidental. Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion and not an official representation of Microsoft Corporation or any other Microsoft employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. Any spelling mistakes in this post are all entirely my fault. Any grammar errors spotted in this post were put there because I could. Apply smileys liberally throughout the above as needed. If that doesn't help, take two ****** and call your analyst in the morning.
You mean it is NOT known to cause cancer to the state of California? And I can put it in the hands of small children?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Forumisms:
(See: *Disclaimer below)
  1. The Devil you don't know is better than the Devil you do know
  2. Cutting players from position groups that already suffer from a lack of quality depth will actually help the team
  3. Players that are paid a high salary are not permitted to become injured
  4. The speed of the healing process shall be in direct proportion to a player's salary
  5. The Packer front office should have known in advance that a player would suffer a specific injury after he had joined the team - even multiple seasons out
  6. Only the Packers suffer an unusual amount of injuries
  7. Injuries are not a legitimate excuse for playing at a level below fan expectations and, therefore, shall not be tolerated
  8. Players (for other teams) that have aged beyond their prime years are significantly more desirable than Packer players who've experienced exactly the same progression
  9. Never acknowledge that some players had at one time significantly outperformed their first contracts. It doesn't count in the law of averages
  10. Successful coaches will never reach their zenith unless they coach the Packers which, of course, they all want to do
  11. Any high-salaried player that becomes injured must be oft-ridiculed publicly because that will shame him into performing better
  12. Every player in the league is dying to play for the Packers and will do so for less salary
  13. There are always good players that are still available despite having remained unsigned, yet they're still way better than some current Packers
  14. If enough bubble players are offered to another team they'll gladly give the Packers a high draft pick or a Pro-Bowl player in return for those players
  15. All Packer roster cuts made at the end of preseason will be highly sought after by every other NFL team
  16. If the Packers would only do this ONE thing (fill in the blank) - that only (fill-in your name) can see - they would win more Super Bowls
  17. Only statistics that support my arguments have any real merit
  18. Only players from other teams do bad things off the field
  19. I've never been an NFL player. Regardless, I'm more knowledgeable than NFL front office and coaching personnel (except for Bill Belichick)
  20. Watching highlights is the equivalent to "studying tape"

*Disclaimer:
You've missed a few, but you certainly covered most of the high points. Well done Sky King. I think this one belongs in the hof.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't know about "win", but there is something that could be done to get to the big game:

Fire Capers

OP
OP
Sky King

Sky King

Reaction score
You mean it is NOT known to cause cancer to the state of California? And I can put it in the hands of small children?
Not yet suspected in CA but probably coming. At the present time they're too busy condemning a long list of other things that will cause the most people inconvenience, major worries, and high expense. Small children don't like it, anyway, so they probably won't evem go near it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brilliant post.

I'll add one.

21. Any Packer should be cut/traded the instant he does not play as well as expected.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
>any rookie Packer player better than pathetic in a pre-season game is pro-bowl caliber and on his way to Canton.
>Once my mind is made up, a player can never develop anymore. His play will always be what it once was.

OP
OP
Sky King

Sky King

Reaction score
I'll add one.

>any rookie Packer player better than pathetic in a pre-season game is pro-bowl caliber and on his way to Canton.
>Once my mind is made up, a player can never develop anymore. His play will always be what it once was.

A tip of the hat to you two gents. I have amended the list to include your suggestions. Take a bow. :tup:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you just saved us all a lot of typing. Can we all agree just to reference Skyking in the future? As in:

A: OMG, OG Walter Sidnipple just went down and is out for the season. What will we do?
B: Well SK6 (packers have more injuries)
A: well SK7 (No excuse) and SK5
B: what do u suggest they do?
A: sign a replacement because SK13
B: he is old and sucks.
A: no he doesn't. SK19 and 20. Besides SK12.

Reaction score
I think you just saved us all a lot of typing. Can we all agree just to reference Skyking in the future? As in:

A: OMG, OG Walter Sidnipple just went down and is out for the season. What will we do?
B: Well SK6 (packers have more injuries)
A: well SK7 (No excuse) and SK5
B: what do u suggest they do?
A: sign a replacement because SK13
B: he is old and sucks.
A: no he doesn't. SK19 and 20. Besides SK12.
Excellent idea. The internet does not have enough coded language!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well done SkyKing. I think my favorite is #12. Here are a couple more.

-An aging player, who's name I have heard many times on sports center, was just released by another team. We should sign him.

- a player who is getting up there in age but still may have something left to offer was just released by another team. we should sign him, but only for the minimum.

- This guy sucks he is the worst player on our team, maybe in the whole league, we should trade him for a 2nd round draft pick. (Maybe to much like #14 but you were being to kind with "bubble players")

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

-An aging player, who's name I have heard many times on sports center, was just released by another team. We should sign him.

- a player who is getting up there in age but still may have something left to offer was just released by another team. we should sign him, but only for the minimum.

- This guy sucks he is the worst player on our team, maybe in the whole league, we should trade him for a 2nd round draft pick. (Maybe to much like #14 but you were being to kind with "bubble players")

Heard your third one about Clay more than a few times. "He's not good so lets grade him for a first rounder."

OP
OP
Sky King

Sky King

Reaction score

Thanks. Nice enhancements on your part. I'll wait to see if any more come in and then consider merging those points that are closely related to the original ones. Less is more (number of points).

The thread was created to poke a little fun at some of the recurring themes, including some of my own. There's a reason that none of us will ever be an NFL GM and rightfully so. Regardless, it's fun to weigh-in on all things NFL from a fellow fan perspective and to read the thoughts of others, both good and not so good. What's really funny though is that some posters take themselves so seriously and expect that everyone else takes them that way, too. What we may really have going on here is an ugly dog contest and I wouldn't miss it for the world. This is a very cool hangout. :tup:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of my own:

- No one has more potential than Janis. Unlimited power, clean energy, end of nuclear war..he can do it all.
- Packer FA is like window shopping in Red Light district. Look but don't touch.
- TT during FA is like "black sheep" uncle. Takes you to the stripclub but doesn't pay for a lapdance.

Staff online

Latest posts