For those complaining about our O-Line

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much has been written about the rather sudden failures of our "bookend" OTs. I have a simple theory...while we are using 3 men in the middle with the weight & athleticism that's necessary for the new system, we still have have 2 OTs that DO NOT fit the new system...they are well over 300# and well suited for our old system. I find it hard to believe that 2 of our most reliable OL are suddenly too old and feeble. They may well begin to improve but it had to be extra tough to suddenly go from road graders to finesse players. Easier said than done. Just my theory.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Look at Robert Gallery on the raiders.

#1 pick,3rd year, and he is pretty bad.

So are we to expext that when our rookies are in their third year that they are still not going to be able to protect our QB?????

What is the reason for this thread?? "hey look someone elses line sucks so we all should be happy" :roll: :roll: :roll:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
tromadz said:
Look at Robert Gallery on the raiders.

#1 pick,3rd year, and he is pretty bad.

So are we to expext that when our rookies are in their third year that they are still not going to be able to protect our QB?????

What is the reason for this thread?? "hey look someone elses line sucks so we all should be happy" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Those were my thoughts exactly Buckeye and I almost posted it before I read yours.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since the Packers look like they will be fighting it out with the Raiders for the number 1 pick in the draft, you may want to root for them to win a few meaningless games.

Big_Dog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only problem with the Packers O-line is they are playing with 3 second stringers starting in the middle. This as a direct result of Tightwad Ted's mismanagement.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Big_Dog said:
The only problem with the Packers O-line is they are playing with 3 second stringers starting in the middle. This as a direct result of Tightwad Ted's mismanagement.

Where are those people to comment on this that claim the Packers were a playoff team lol...

They are starting therefore they MUST be starting caliber players!!!!!! lol

Well, on a serious note, Big, I hope they turn out to be good players. I don't want Brett to retire because he can't run or walk anymore.