1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Judge sides with NFLPA on TV fee dispute

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by neilfii, Mar 1, 2011.

1. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    this has as much drama as a week in lindsey lohans life.

3. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    perhaps owners will realize they won't benefit from a lockout!

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    The NFL hates Judge Doty, who will allow the NFLPA to decertify by Thursday night. The injunctions against a lockout and antitrust actions against the league will follow--all in front of Judge Doty. The NFL will appeal all decisions, locking up everything in the courts. The lawyers are loving it.

I think the season is in very great jeopardy. All because these greedy sob's can't decide how to share a fortune.

5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I'm taking it you do not think some of them greedy SOB's just might be the players?

6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I've made it pretty clear that I think the owners should get out of football if there's not enough money in it. The Packers' ownership should be the model for the whole league, not outlawed by the league.

I take it you disagree with this.

7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I saw an article that said the NFL received about $9.3B in annual "shared" revenue last season. The owners got $1B off the top and 40% of the rest - about $4.32B divided by 32. The players get 60% of the rest, about $4.98B. The owners want to add two more regular season games which would boost revenue even more. C'mon guys FIGURE IT OUT! Don't kill the golden goose.

I'd like to know what the rationale is for prohibiting community ownership? Because its worked out so "poorly" in little Green Bay?

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    "I'd like to know what the rationale is for prohibiting community ownership? Because its worked out so "poorly" in little Green Bay?"

It couldn't be that the owners drive up the price of their team by holding cities and states hostage by threatening to move.

Even Bob Harlan threatened to disband the franchise if the stadium referendum wasn't passed--but the proceeds of such a move would have stayed in the community, not gone in the pockets of some billionaire.