Federal Judge sides with NFLPA on TV fee dispute

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL hates Judge Doty, who will allow the NFLPA to decertify by Thursday night. The injunctions against a lockout and antitrust actions against the league will follow--all in front of Judge Doty. The NFL will appeal all decisions, locking up everything in the courts. The lawyers are loving it.

I think the season is in very great jeopardy. All because these greedy sob's can't decide how to share a fortune.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've made it pretty clear that I think the owners should get out of football if there's not enough money in it. The Packers' ownership should be the model for the whole league, not outlawed by the league.

I take it you disagree with this.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw an article that said the NFL received about $9.3B in annual "shared" revenue last season. The owners got $1B off the top and 40% of the rest - about $4.32B divided by 32. The players get 60% of the rest, about $4.98B. The owners want to add two more regular season games which would boost revenue even more. C'mon guys FIGURE IT OUT! Don't kill the golden goose.

I'd like to know what the rationale is for prohibiting community ownership? Because its worked out so "poorly" in little Green Bay?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'd like to know what the rationale is for prohibiting community ownership? Because its worked out so "poorly" in little Green Bay?"

It couldn't be that the owners drive up the price of their team by holding cities and states hostage by threatening to move.

Even Bob Harlan threatened to disband the franchise if the stadium referendum wasn't passed--but the proceeds of such a move would have stayed in the community, not gone in the pockets of some billionaire.

Members online

Latest posts