1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Favre asked to be released

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wils0646, Jul 11, 2008.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Mods come on now. He was waiting all day for Trom to come on.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That didn't make any sense. Thanks for playing.

3. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. This is NOT what I expected from Fav-re. Way to screw the Packers Fav-re.

One thing positive that comes out of this, the reactions I have seen show that there are lot more Packer fans than Fav-re fans.

4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    That post was highly anticipated by some of us most of the day.

5. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i wonder what everyone will say if brett wins the sb with another team, or if he is in our devision and pick our d apart at least 2 times a year.

it not about being a packer fan or favre fan its about whats the smartest thing to do.

its like saying you find a $5000 car for $3000 but later you find a $10000 car for $3000 but you go with the first choice because you told the guy you where going to buy his car.

a rod stays the starting qb because he was promised, WTF?? favre is the better player so he should play. the best man should take the job and brett is the best guy.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You sure do pick your spots well.

The Great Cleansing has begun.

7. screwballl

screwballl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I would say the number is pretty even... there are a LOT of Favre fans that are fans of other teams... I have met so many people that talk to me here in FL seeing my Green Bay hat (year round) asking about Favre or whats coming up this next year and so on... even if they are fans of other teams, one major subject they always mention is they love watching him play...

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

9. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    favre is going to make the packers more money.
    more people are going to watch with favre
    favre has more respect.
    favre outplays a rod.
    favre is more consistent than a rod.
    favre is a H.O.F qb!
    favre has more expirence.
    favre has a better chance of winning.
    favre knows the recivers better.
    favre knows other defences better.

all in all favre is better than a rod in every aspect and a rod gets to start because he was promised the starting spot!! WTF??

i dont think any job would do that, its just plain stupid.

10. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure there are a lot of Favre fans in the world but on here there are a lot more Greenbay Packer fans. Being just a Favre fan is like saying you are a Robert DeNero fan. It's the whole star thing and loving to watch him act.
    Favre is a great player and it's been fun watching him play on the team I'm devoted too but he isn't the team. He is just a part.

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Aaron will have better numbers than Bett will have next year.

Aaron will have more T.D's, Less Int's, will rush for more yards, and have a higher QB Rating.

The Packers will still be playing in the playoffs next year while Brett will be leaving his team hanging about whether he is returning for 2009 while he secretly hints through Bus Cook that they need to trade for Randy Moss if he will play another year.

He will also chew up and spit out another GM before he finally is finished.

12. Title Town USA

Title Town USA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I realize simple logic doesn't make sense to you.....

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    that's as real as it gets, folks. there's really nothing more to say.

14. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest I didn't get it either. Rodgers should keep his mouth shut till he get's injured? Shouldn't he keep his mouth shut if he get's injured?

15. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Here is a really sensible take from a guy on my blog named philski ...

It’s nothing but selfishness, unfortunately, on Favres’ part. What I told a rather unrepentant Favre fan is that there is no Favre in Team. Unconditional release is not an option.

The packers, I think, are taking the appropriate stand, as posted on their website. Should Favre petition to be re-instated, he will then regain his membership on the team, and management will do what is in the best interest of the team.

I’d hate to play against Favre, but honestly, I don’t think I want him back as full time QB for two more years. The only way he can stay in GB is if he, TT, MM and Aaron Rogers sit down and work out an amicable succession of power from Favre to Rogers, which may involve Favre sitting some games and wrecking that consecutive game streak. But I don’t see that happening.

I agree with Barkley, it’s sad what he’s doing to the GB franchise and fans who have supported him through thick and thin - drug dependency, family members’ deaths, wifes’ cancer, a few poor years of football - and then to retire and go back on your word, it’s just poor form to do that to your fan base. Surely there is life after football.

Apologies for the rant. I now live in Alabama, and beyond my wife there’s no one really to talk about this with.

I invited him to come on over...that's a good take on things.

16. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My opinion...

Let Brett Favre go. Move on. If he wants to re-neg his retirement, fine. Do it somewhere else. As great as he was I don't think he has much left in him.

Bye Brett. Good luck.

17. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am in your camp CalifPacker. To be honest, I really don't care if he comes to another team and beats us with them. Like you guys I watched years of bad games with the Packers with Brett around so I can stand to have some growing pains with Rodgers. Go Pack Go!

18. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    brett is to blame because he friggin LIED!!!!! no matter WHAT tt or mm did, he was a packer - one of the best qb's EVER - how the hell could a bit of a slight by tt or mm drag his arse out of green bay??? i'm sorry but i just don't buy it. if i'm brett favre - NOBODY but NOBODY'S shovin my butt out of the best place to play football until I'M friggin good & ready!!!! his ego got in the way - plain & simple. i'm sad & pissed as hell all at the same time. :-?

19. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow... I have never seen this rough side of you. I am kind of turned on.

Do you have hand cuffs?

J.K.

20. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're a moron. TEAM DOES NOT WANT HIM. HE WANTS TO PLAY. WHAT THE **** IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO?

21. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im with you 100% redsox. The reaction by the people in this thread is pretty disgusting. For the most part it seems to be a bunch of long time closet favre haters and "newer posters". Whatever. My favorite team this year will be whatever team the packers are playing if TT doesnt suck the big one and get Favre back behind center. The guy just wants to play. The packers totally dissed him by not wanting him back especially after the year he just had. What else was he supposed to do? Say ok mr teddy, you dont want me so im just gonna sit on my hands and do nothing. I dont think so.

You people who are dissing Favre. Well, you people are very transparent. Same old TT backers from day one. Kind of expected it but pretty sad to watch how low you will go. Watch and wait. This is a 6-7 win team AT BEST with A-Rod behind center the next 2 years.

22. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Im kinda sad it brought this out of her...thats how messed up this situation is. thanks brett. you either should have not retired...or stayed retired. you did this. you.

23. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

What he said

24. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If they combine for 7 wins in the next 2 years i will be impressed

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    And people got mad when I used the term Favre-Firster as if this person didn't exist. Say hello.

You sicken me.