F>R Mock

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we can call this Mock "Pre-Combine" because the rankings are all before the Combine started. However, I waited for it to get underway to kind of get a little sense of where players stack up.With 12 picks, I was able to channel my inner "Gute" and roll the dice because I had extra picks in the later rounds. But I also showed I worked for TT for the last 10+ years by mimicking some of his old tricks.

I used FanSpeak on the new "Difficult" Rating, with BR's Rankings.

14th Overall - Derwin James, S/Florida State - I can't believe he was there! If you ask me Morgan Burnett is one of the Top 3 guys on our team when we line up on defense. He may not be a world beater, but I can't blame him for looking for a possible raise given his body of work. So if he's potentially going to walk, I'm replacing him with the best S, and possibly best DB in the Draft.

45th Overall - Leighton Vander Esch, LB/Boise State - Once again, I can't believe he was there! To me he's a freak athlete and he's versatile. I believe him to be as versatile as CM3, so this should do Mike Pettine some good in his multiple scheme.

76th Overall - Taven Bryan, DE/Florida - Things just kept going my way. I honestly think Bryan could easily have been gone in the 2nd Round, so it was a no-brainer. Until we can get a solid person across from Mike Daniels, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at the position once a Draft.

114th Overall - Troy Fumagalli, TE/Wisconsin - The hometown product with the size and speed to compete against anyone and make highlight catches plus good blocking. Rodgers gets another weapon who should be ready to explode by year 2 or 3.

133rd Overall - William Clapp, C(G)/LSU - Channeling my inner TT and going after the offensive linemen during the later rounds, Clapp just kept sliding and sliding. There are reports that Clapp is better than Ethan Pocic was last year, plus he has experience playing Guard. I call this an easy two-for-one special.

150th Overall - Shaquem Griffin, OLB/Central Florida - I'm buying into the hype! He's killing it at the Combine! This was one of those picks I alluded to that because of the amount of selections this year I could roll the dice and see where I end up. One hand, two hands....who cares? Did I mention he has 2 interceptions in his college career?

172nd Overall - Jack Cichy, LB/Wisconsin - TT 2017 anyone? 3 shots at LB, somebody's gotta pan out right? This is honestly the only pick that I thought I may have "goofed" at, because I could have found someone better in pass coverage, plus the ACL....but hey, I made the pick, no looking back now.

174th Overall - Wyatt Teller, G/Virginia Tech - He's got some great upside for the running game, his pass blocking needs some work, but I think the overall talent of the line should be able to overcome that, plus he shouldn't be starting right away anyhow.

186th Overall - K.C. McDermott, G/Miami - Another TT 2017 effort, 3 offensive linemen, with two who are versatile. Before McDermott started at left guard this past year, he was Miami's starting right tackle. And because it's a matter of "when" and not "if" Bulaga goes down, that experience will come in handy.

207th Overall - Equanimous St. Brown, WR/Notre Dame - If St. Brown had played for Wyoming, he might have been a 1st Team, All-American selection, but instead he was in South Bend with shoddy QB play. Those days are now over. I honestly think he's in the Top 5 or Top 10 for WRs this year. He's a smooth route runner (Which AR loves), and he draws double teams which opens up opportunities for other guys. Once Jordy goes out to pasture, I like him and Adams on the outside. The spirit of TT has spoken, you MUST draft a WR every year.

232nd Overall - J.T. Barrett, QB/Ohio State - Alot of experts say he won't get drafted, but I wasn't going to risk trying to bid on him as as an UDFA. Based on athleticism alone, to me he's already better than Hundley. Let MM and the QB coach spin the wheels on him for a pre-season and let's see what happens. If Hundley only looks marginally better, gotta hit the waiver wire quick. In hindsight, I probably should have used the Cichy pick to get a better QB, but I'm too confident FA can make this a quick fix regardless.

239th Overall - Darius Phillips, CB/Western Michigan - This is just to shut up the fans who are still screaming for a CB, and all the other needs have been met. With the addition on Derwin James, this secondary already looks formidable if Randall keeps balling out, and King can stay healthy. I'm drafting Phillips to challenge for the nickel/dime position, so anybody not named Davon House should probably be worried.

Haters gonna hate....

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Taven Bryan, but he's a 1/2 round pick, not a chance he's there in the 3rd.

Fumagalli has the speed to compete with anybody? Going to disagree strongly there. His height is just barely above average for TE's (54th percentile), his weight is far below average (21st percentile), wingspan is awful (3rd percentile), arm length is awful (12th percentile) and his bench press was **** poor for a TE. I don't care that much about bench press, but his size is certainly not a strength.

EQSB won't be there that late. He's 6'5 and ran a 4.48, he's going top 4 rounds.

Like Derwin James and Vander Esch a lot, those are more realistic picks.

It's a late round pick so it doesn't matter much but I watch Miami a lot. KC McDermott is not an NFL lineman. He was actually better at OT than OG in college, and he can't play OT in the NFL. Dude is no bueno.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh. Love the Griffin pick, love the Phillips pick, but we need a better CB and an edge coming out of this draft. Those are our two biggest needs and you didn't address them.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love Taven Bryan, but he's a 1/2 round pick, not a chance he's there in the 3rd.
Agreed. But after round 1, there are about 85 players who should go in round 2 or 3. That means about 20 will spill into round 4. There will be a player sitting there in the 4th that we will be surprised is still there. Then Gute will channel his inner TT and take a guy we know nothing about.

But yes, fairly unrealistic. EQSB and Bryan will be go before 3rd round and Vander Esch will go in the 1st. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

There will be a player sitting there in the 4th that we will be surprised is still there. Then Gute will channel his inner TT and take a guy we know nothing about.
...and then move him to a new position. ;)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my last "official" mock before the draft. Unfortunately I'll be at a special assignment for the Army so I'll probably miss the 1st Round at the very least but it'll be fun to see if I hit on any picks. I went with FanSpeak's Big Board this time as Matt Miller and I are at a disagreement on many prospects.

14th Overall - Denzel Ward, CB/Ohio State - On my Big Board he's the top CB in the Draft; and in my opinion Day 1 he's better than Kevin King. While Tramon Williams is fully expected to start, I expect the tandem of Ward and King to be our future for the next 5+ seasons.

45th Overall - Marcus Davenport, OLB/Texas-San Antonio - He's very raw and I wouldn't take him in the Top 15 of the 1st Round. Guess the other teams were thinking that too. But 2nd Round with that length and speed? Yes please.

76th Overall - Rasheem Green, DE/USC - If I could I'd trade back; but since I "can't", I'm going with a pick that makes us better on the DL. Green is fast for a 3-4 DE (4.7) and if Wilkerson doesn't resurrect his career and Adams doesn't make a splash or two, Green should rotate in nicely with Mike Daniels and Dean Lowry.

101st Overall - Equanimeous St. Brown, WR/Notre Dame - He's my favorite WR in the Draft, and I think he'll be one of the best in this class. He's huge, and he runs fast for a guy his size. Not exactly in the mold of Jordy, but he should do nicely as his successor on the perimeter.

133rd Overall - Shaquem Griffin, ILB/Central Florida - He owned the combine and while there's some risk due to his limitations, I'm willing to chance it all on a 4th Round Pick, with his 40 time, he can easily be a situational guy defending the pass if he can't contribute full time.

138th Overall - Dorance Armstrong Jr, OLB/Kansas - He did literally everything for Kansas as a LB; and I'm very intrigued to see what he could do with some actual help. Some scouts think he's on par with Harold Landry, so if I can get that type of talent or even similar in the 5th Round, I'll be very pleased.

172nd Overall - J.C. Jackson, CB/Maryland - He had some problems at Florida but he was a model citizen ever since he was at Maryland. He is also another 1st Round talent that falls deep into the Draft, at the cost of only a 5th Round pick, it's too easy to kick the tires on him. If he works out you have three top talents in Ward, King, and Jackson manning the secondary for the next 5+ seasons.

174th Overall - Troy Fumagalli, TE/Wisconsin - He doesn't have great measurables but he's a gamer...a football player as they call it. With the addition of Jimmy Graham and Lance Kendricks remaining as a backup I like the prospects of him developing into a quality starter in 2-3 years.

186th Overall - Brandon Parker, OT/North Carolina A&T - If Bulaga can't get it together, I need some fresh blood. I probably need it anyways. He's a small school prospect who did well at the Senior Bowl and I think he can play either tackle spot with his size.

207th Overall - Antonio Callaway, WR/Florida - I'm just a ramblin, gamblin man. Another prospect who should have gone Day 1 or Day 2 but due to character issues almost goes undrafted. Perhaps the idea that this is his one and only shot at the NFL gives him focus. Plus Green Bay is a LONG way from Florida so hopefully the distractions are perhaps only an issue during the offseason. If he takes off I like the idea of Adams, St. Brown, and Callaway as the WR Group of the future.

232nd Overall - Coleman Shelton, G/Washington - I'm hoping Evans returns for one more season and McCray is also the real deal, so that I can properly address this position in 2019 with a higher pick. Shelton was primarily a Center in college but also started nearly half his starts at Center also at both Guard positions; and that versatility has value. He needs a NFL Strength and Conditioning Program to get stronger, but he should be serviceable by the time the season starts.

239th Overall - Dominick Sanders, S/Georgia - Not amazing against the run, but he's shown improvement over his collegiate career. But I'm not drafting him for that, I'm drafting him to make sure we don't allow blown coverages in the middle of the field. Brice should be more than ready to fill the void but I'm iffy on Jones. Sanders provides another guy in the mix that could prove useful.

Haters gonna hate.....

Last edited:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my last "official" mock before the draft. Unfortunately I'll be at a special assignment for the Army so I'll probably miss the 1st Round at the very least but it'll be fun to see if I hit on any picks. I went with FanSpeak's Big Board this time as Matt Miller and I are at a disagreement on many prospects.

14th Overall - Denzel Ward, CB/Ohio State - On my Big Board he's the top CB in the Draft; and in my opinion Day 1 he's better than Kevin King. While Tramon Williams is fully expected to start, I expect the tandem of Ward and King to be our future for the next 5+ seasons.

45th Overall - Marcus Davenport, OLB/Texas-San Antonio - He's very raw and I wouldn't take him in the Top 15 of the 1st Round. Guess the other teams were thinking that too. But 2nd Round with that length and speed? Yes please.

76th Overall - Rasheem Green, DE/USC - If I could I'd trade back; but since I "can't", I'm going with a pick that makes us better on the DL. Green is fast for a 3-4 DE (4.7) and if Wilkerson doesn't resurrect his career and Adams doesn't make a splash or two, Green should rotate in nicely with Mike Daniels and Dean Lowry.

101st Overall - Equanimeous St. Brown, WR/Notre Dame - He's my favorite WR in the Draft, and I think he'll be one of the best in this class. He's huge, and he runs fast for a guy his size. Not exactly in the mold of Jordy, but he should do nicely as his successor on the perimeter.

133rd Overall - Shaquem Griffin, ILB/Central Florida - He owned the combine and while there's some risk due to his limitations, I'm willing to chance it all on a 4th Round Pick, with his 40 time, he can easily be a situational guy defending the pass if he can't contribute full time.

138th Overall - Dorance Armstrong Jr, OLB/Kansas - He did literally everything for Kansas as a LB; and I'm very intrigued to see what he could do with some actual help. Some scouts think he's on par with Harold Landry, so if I can get that type of talent or even similar in the 5th Round, I'll be very pleased.

172nd Overall - J.C. Jackson, CB/Maryland - He had some problems at Florida but he was a model citizen ever since he was at Maryland. He is also another 1st Round talent that falls deep into the Draft, at the cost of only a 5th Round pick, it's too easy to kick the tires on him. If he works out you have three top talents in Ward, King, and Jackson manning the secondary for the next 5+ seasons.

174th Overall - Troy Fumagalli, TE/Wisconsin - He doesn't have great measurables but he's a gamer...a football player as they call it. With the addition of Jimmy Graham and Lance Kendricks remaining as a backup I like the prospects of him developing into a quality starter in 2-3 years.

186th Overall - Brandon Parker, OT/North Carolina A&T - If Bulaga can't get it together, I need some fresh blood. I probably need it anyways. He's a small school prospect who did well at the Senior Bowl and I think he can play either tackle spot with his size.

207th Overall - Antonio Callaway, WR/Florida - I'm just a ramblin, gamblin man. Another prospect who should have gone Day 1 or Day 2 but due to character issues almost goes undrafted. Perhaps the idea that this is his one and only shot at the NFL gives him focus. Plus Green Bay is a LONG way from Florida so hopefully the distractions are perhaps only an issue during the offseason. If he takes of I like the idea of Adams, St. Brown, and Callaway as the WR Group of the future.

232nd Overall - Coleman Shelton, G/Washington - I'm hoping Evans returns for one more season and McCray is also the real deal, so that I can properly address this position in 2019 with a higher pick. Shelton was primarily a Center in college but also started nearly half his starts at Center also at both Guard positions; and that versatility has value. He needs a NFL Weight and Conditioning Program to get stronger, but he should be serviceable by the time the season starts.

239th Overall - Dominick Sanders, S/Georgia - Not amazing against the run, but he's shown improvement over his collegiate career. But I'm not drafting him for that, I'm drafting him to make sure we don't allow blown coverages in the middle of the field. Brice should be more than ready to fill the void but I'm iffy on Jones. Sanders provides another guy in the mix that could prove useful.

Haters gonna hate.....
I would like this draft, however I am absolutely positive that Davenport does not make it to #45. Lorenzo Carter would seem a more realistic option at that point

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score

207th Overall - Antonio Callaway, WR/Florida - I'm just a ramblin, gamblin man. Another prospect who should have gone Day 1 or Day 2 but due to character issues almost goes undrafted. Perhaps the idea that this is his one and only shot at the NFL gives him focus. Plus Green Bay is a LONG way from Florida so hopefully the distractions are perhaps only an issue during the offseason. If he takes of I like the idea of Adams, St. Brown, and Callaway as the WR Group of the future.

232nd Overall - Coleman Shelton, G/Washington - I'm hoping Evans returns for one more season and McCray is also the real deal, so that I can properly address this position in 2019 with a higher pick. Shelton was primarily a Center in college but also started nearly half his starts at Center also at both Guard positions; and that versatility has value. He needs a NFL Weight and Conditioning Program to get stronger, but he should be serviceable by the time the season starts.

Haters gonna hate.....
Thank you for your service! Good luck on your assignment.

I would LOVE this draft, though I think it’s highly unlikely Ward is available at #14, Davenport is available at #45, Brown is available at #101, and I would be shocked if Callaway does not go by the 4th. I LOVE dorrance Armstrong too. He was everything at KU, absolute beast!

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like this draft, however I am absolutely positive that Davenport does not make it to #45. Lorenzo Carter would seem a more realistic option at that point

A lot of people want to put Davenport in the 1st but remember that Detroit took Ziggy Ansah and he still hasn't reached his potential. Raw Edge players aren't super risky, but the return hasn't been on the level they're getting drafted at. I can certainly see him drafted in the 1st, but only as a BPA on the back half of the round.

I would LOVE this draft, though I think it’s highly unlikely Ward is available at #14, Davenport is available at #45, Brown is available at #101, and I would be shocked if Callaway does not go by the 4th. I LOVE dorrance Armstrong too. He was everything at KU, absolute beast!

I've consistently found Ward or Jaire Alexander waiting for me at 14. James and Fitzpatrick have risen up everybody's boards and are both gone in the Top 10, which leaves one of the two if not both at 14.

I have yet to do a mock where St. Brown goes in the 2nd. Sutton and/or Ridley are the only WRs who go in the first so that leaves the like of Chark, Moore, Kirk, and Cobbs still available before his name is called and with this being a not particularly strong position group this year they spill over into the 3rd. With us having the 1st pick in the 4th it kind of makes him a 3rd Rounder in my eyes.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure davenport will be there at #14 let alone make it to the 2nd.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would yall believe me if I told you Zo Carter was gone before Davenport?
No. What's funny is I have a final mock 1/2 done and I have us taking Carter in the 2nd. Amazing measurables but a chronic under achiever. These guys are always huge bust risks. Mid 2nd is the earliest. Davenport may go top 10. He is a physical specimen, works hard and continued to improve every season.

Your mock has a lot of players that were in my necks, so I approve most of the picks. Those I don't, I just am not familiar with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Not sure davenport will be there at #14 let alone make it to the 2nd.

I fully expect Davenport to still be on the board at #14. I agree he will be gone by the time the Packers are on the clock in the second round.

Members online

Latest posts