Expert SB predictions

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers versus Steelers Super Bowl Predictions | ProFootballFocus.com

Ben Stockwell: This game is almost too close to call. Both teams have QBs capable of the big play and both teams have excellent defenses who are capable of shutting down the opposition. The edge to my mind lies with the Steelers in this one, for three very important reasons; they have more big-game experience to call on (most of it winning experience), they have devastating edge rush from both sides of the defense and they will commit to the run in an attempt to keep the Packers’ offense off the field. I think that ability to dictate the pace of the game gives them the edge in this one. It’s not by much, and the Packers have shown an ability to win games in multiple ways this season, but the Steelers just take a slight edge in this one for me. Steelers 24, Packers 20.

Sam Monson: My picks have been somewhat less than impressive so far this offseason, and for the first time I don’t even have the luxury of a home team to break a deadlock. Green Bay enters the game on a big win-streak and though they were hardly lighting things up in Chicago, they will still be seen by most (including the oddsmakers it seems) as the hotter team entering the game. Pittsburgh was probably more impressive in their championship game, but even they struggled to close the deal on a Jets team that refused to go quietly into the night. Rodgers and Roethlisberger are both capable of awesome plays, and neither player is easy to sack. I think the game is going to come down to turnovers, and whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game. Steelers 27, Packers 24 (OT).

Neil Hornsby: In a game where there are relatively few weaknesses on either sideline, the Steelers’ short-handed offensive line has to be the difference here. Unless Rodgers spits the bit here with the big pressure on — and there’s nothing to suggest it would happen — Roethlisberger will have to play the game of his life to get Pittsburgh the victory. It’s certainly a possibility, but I’ll say he comes up just a tad short. Packers 24, Steelers 17.

Nathan Jahnke: I have spent all postseason picking the Packers to win and the Steelers to lose, so why should this game be any different? The Packers are capable of taking away the Steelers’ greatest strength (their run defense) by loading up with multiple receiver sets and rarely running the ball. Green Bay’s D should also be able to take advantage of the Steelers’ weakness up front. This game features two of the best quarterbacks in the league this year, and if it’s anything like the Packers/Steelers matchup last year then we know we’re in for a great game come Sunday. Rodgers first showed the NFL he was capable of being a starter in Dallas, and on Sunday he will show that he is a champion. Packers 38, Steelers 24.

Jonathan Comey: I just don’t see the Steelers having enough to win this one. The Packers have the better QB, the better line, a better secondary, and they’re red-hot. Not sure how the dome/turf factor will play out; it seems to favor the Packers’ passing game, especially with memories of the win in Atlanta still fresh. Then again, no one has more speed at their position than Mike Wallace, Troy Polamalu and James Harrison. It’ll be interesting to watch. But the loss of Maurkice Pouncey can’t be overstated – he’s not the best, but he’s their best lineman, and without him they don’t really have anyone good against a great Packer front. Defensively, while the Steelers thrive on their blitzing, Rodgers has been a monster against the blitz all year. About the only edge I really see for the Steelers is experience, but I don’t think it’s enough to overcome multiple disadvantages on the field. Packers 31, Steelers 17.

Khaled Elsayed: As it should be heading into a Super Bowl, this is a game that could go either way. What I like about the Steelers, and why I ultimately think they’ll win it, is that they’ve done it before. They know how a big game can affect you, and they’ve overcome that daunting challenge — a psychological battle we don’t know how the Packers will hold up to. Throw in the fact the Pittsburgh has a defense that will take away the run and get after Rodgers, and I see it boiling down to enough Big Ben magic seeing him end the day with Super Bowl ring number three. Steelers 20, Packers 17.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to see half taking the Packers, but I am not much for "expert" predictions. Nice post though.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Daryl Johnson - Pack
Michael Irvin - Pack
Brian Billick - Too close to call (expects a high scoring game, huh!?)
Deion Sanders - Steelers (cause of the Black and Yellow song!? WTF?)
Bill Romanowski - Pack (Even though he said the Steelers should lay some cheap shots on Rodgers to begin the game, WTF?)
Mike Smith (Falcons HC) - Steelers

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I liked that the "expert" with the worst prediction record out of the group picked the Steelers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Here's another list. some dups from above.

Steelers

Russell Baxter
Cris Carter -
Jay Harris
Merrill Hoge -
Tom Jackson -
Ron Jaworski -
Keyshawn Johnson
Steve Levy
Hannah Storm
-
Mike Wilbon
Marcellus Wiley
Trey Wingo

Packers

John Anderson
Michelle Beadle
Jon Barry
-
Chris Berman -
Tedy Bruschi -
Colin Cowherd -
Trent Dilfer -
Mike Ditka -
Herm Edwards -
Mike Golic
Jon Gruden
Tim Hasselbeck
Orel Hershiser
-
Gary Horton
Kenny Mayne
-
Matt Millen -
Chris Mortensen
Andy North
Sal Paolantonio
-
Sean Payton
Ryen Russillo
Bill Simmons
Adam Schefter
Mark Schlereth
-
Sage Steele
Michelle Tafoya
Mike Tirico
Jeff Van Gundy
-
Steve Young -
Darren Woodson

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Romanowski should never be allowed to speak. How the league allows or allowed him to be employed as a strength and conditioning coach is beyond me. They don't get any dirtier or shadier than him.

Yep.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romanowski should never be allowed to speak. How the league allows or allowed him to be employed as a strength and conditioning coach is beyond me. They don't get any dirtier or shadier than him.

Even in interviews you can tell he lacks a soul. Never liked him, not many do. He in-bodies everything that is wrong with the NFL.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steeler Fan-Rush Limbaugh

Can't believe I forgot that..used to lock my office dooe and kick back and listen to his show (during the 90's the Packer players had a "Rush Room" where they would gather to listen to Rush).

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben

In the 4th quarter:
2010: ................ 110.3
Career:................ 88.1

When team is behind:
2010:................. 92.1
Career:............... 92.4

Last 2 minutes of half or game:
2010: ................. 80.9
Career: ............... 80.8

Aaron

In the 4th quarter:
2010: .................. 99.5
Career: ................ 92.4

When behind:
2010: .................. 90.6
Career: ................ 94.2

Last 2 minutes:
2010: .................. 74.5
Career: ................ 78.2

from another poster on a different forum.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank God Orel Hershiser took the Packers. That should help me sleep tonight.