Espn ranks packers as 9th best franchise

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone posted this already sorry, I havent been on as much and might have missed it.

The Green Bay Packers rank ninth out of 122 U.S. major-league sports franchises in the latest annual “Ultimate Standings” report by ESPN the magazine
The rankings are intended to “measure how much MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL franchises give back to the fans in exchange for all the time, money and emotion the fans invest in them,” ESPN says. Major-league baseball, basketball, football and hockey teams are listed.
ESPN The Magazine based its rankings of 122 teams on fan surveys, financial analyses of each team, win-loss statistics and other data.
The report assesses teams on a variety of factors, including:

• “Bang for the buck”: Ratio of wins over the last three seasons to fan revenue, adjusted for difficulty of a team’s league schedule.
  • Affordability: Price of tickets, parking and concessions.
  • Stadium experience: Quality of arena and game-day promotions.
  • Ownership: Honesty and loyalty to core players and the community.
  • “Title track”: Championships won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.
  • Fan relations: openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.
  • Coaching.
  • Player effort and likability, on and off the field.
The Packers ranked second overall for stadium experience, eighth in ownership, and 10th in fan relations. The team rated lower in bang for the buck (40th) and coaching (51st).
As for other Wisconsin teams, the Milwaukee Brewers ranked 31st overall, rating highest in affordability (second) but low in coaching (83rd) and title track (89th). The Milwaukee Bucks ranked 69th with its best showing in coaching (30th) and worst in stadium experience (108th).
The New Orleans Saints of the National Football League — winners of this year’s Super Bowl — took top spot on the ESPN list, followed by the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (ranked No. 1 for “bang for the buck”), baseball’s Los Angeles Angels (No. 1 for both affordability and coaching), football’s Indianapolis Colts and hockey’s Pittsburgh Penguins (No. 1 for fan relations).
At the very bottom are basketball’s Los Angeles Clippers, hockey’s Toronto Maple Leafs and basketball’s Washington Wizards.

Ultimate Team Rankings - All Sports - SportsNation - ESPN

Im okay with the colts being higher and cant rip that since I havent been to a game there to judge everything. But I find it odd they make the saints #1 with a year after they missed the playoffs. I would be more open to a more consistent team I think.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose everyone loves the Saints after last season but #1? For almost their entire existence that was one sorry franchise. Until recently they were the laughing stock of the league and whose fans wore paper bags over their heads! And how can the Packers fan relationship be different that it's ownership? ;-)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently winning 12 Championships doesn't count for much, since they have us ranked 16. The Yankees with 27 Series Championships rand 2nd behind the Phillies. And the Twins rank ahead of us in stadium experience. This is a ridiculous article.

Members online

Latest posts