Eddie Lacy reportedly expected to miss several weeks due to ankle injury

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers reporter Ryan Wood hearing Lacy may be placed on IR.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lacy missing several weeks is terrible news for the Packers as he was the best player at a skill position and with Starks out as well the team will most likely have to start Knile Davis on Thursday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one way to figure out the passing game. We have no other choice

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's hope Rodgers has some patience with Davis on Thursday night or it could get ugly fast. It would appear that we will see #30 play and maybe even start. Given he just joined the team on Tuesday, he is going to make some mistakes. Patience Aaron, Patience.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy being out now this Davis guy will probably start. Looking at some of the highlights of Davis I was impressed with this guy's speed. Had no idea who the hell he was so went to youtube. From what I saw from the highlights I think with the O's help we might have found a gem in the rough.

D

Deleted member 6794

Lacy being out now this Davis guy will probably start. Looking at some of the highlights of Davis I was impressed with this guy's speed. Had no idea who the hell he was so went to youtube. From what I saw from the highlights I think with the O's help we might have found a gem in the rough.

Don't get too excited though as Davis has only averaged a paltry 3.3 yards per carry over his career.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read, we're getting a fringe player on the verge of being in another line of work.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I watched the highlights of Davis as well and was impressed, but all highlight reels are meant to impress. Guessing you could find one on Don Jackson, Brandon Burks or even Jacob Schum.

While we won't know who we really got for a number of weeks while he learns the playbook, Thursday will be a good test. I'm expecting a rejuvenated, motivated guy, but sadly one that was 4 deep on the KC roster. But it beats the alternative, no true RB in the backfield.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get too excited though as Davis has only averaged a paltry 3.3 yards per carry over his career.

Yeah I am definitely not sold at all on Davis, he also had 4 fumbles in 200 attempts. 1 in 50.. Just to put some perspective there. AP who is know to fumble is about 1:63 attempts. Eddie is about 1:98. Le'Veon Bell has 1 fumble in 695 attempts.

I honestly wish if we were going to do this we would have spent more to get more. Get West, ran a 4.4, averages 4.1 yards a carry and doesn't have a fumbling problem. Can be an actual replacement for Starks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I honestly wish if we were going to do this we would have spent more to get more. Get West, ran a 4.4, averages 4.1 yards a carry and doesn't have a fumbling problem. Can be an actual replacement for Starks.

While I agree with this, we are talking about TT here, enough said.

We will probably never know who else was on the table, but one thing is for sure, I hope TT kept his notes, because depending on Eddies injury, by my count, we are still 1 deep at the RB position.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Montgomery to catch balls out of the backfield.
Well you have to have a person that can also run in between the tackles also, or MM will become ole predictable again and the defense will just sub a DB in every time they see Monty in. Line backers cant hold davis out the backfield its already been proven when he played for the Chiefs. Davis can run in between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield once that happens the D have to adjust and play zone keeping the corners in the flats killing all that press coverage crap, then cobb and jordy can excel. Football is not a hard game its simple Xs and Os. I think if MM use the backfield more in the passing game it will kill all that press coverage.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well you have to have a person that can also run in between the tackles also, or MM will become ole predictable again and the defense will just sub a DB in every time they see Monty in. Line backers cant hold davis out the backfield its already been proven when he played for the Chiefs. Davis can run in between the tackles and catch the ball out the backfield once that happens the D have to adjust and play zone keeping the corners in the flats killing all that press coverage crap, then cobb and jordy can excel. Football is not a hard game its simple Xs and Os. I think if MM use the backfield more in the passing game it will kill all that press coverage.

Montgomery did pretty well catching the ball out of the backfield vs. the Cowboys. In addition Davis only has a total of 31 receptions over his career.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery did pretty well catching the ball out of the backfield vs. the Cowboys. In addition Davis only has a total of 31 receptions over his career.
Yes he did, I don't disagree with you and I hope MM saw that and game plan accordingly I dont care who catching out the back field I just feel its needed. I honestly think the pack can bounce back, if Monty and Davis can make it happen from the back field.