• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees is supposed to be available as a free agent. What do all of you think? Should the Packers make a run to sign him? Me, i think he looks pretty good......he might be worth taking a look at.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a cautious vote for yes...he's going to cost a lot, and we have no clue what's going on w/ you know who, but obviously has proven himself now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not voting, cuz "Yes, if Favre retires" is not an option there.

Actually, didnt he just have arm surgery...forget him.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know about the surgery........but i don't think he should be counted out because of it. IF he shows he's 100%.
I know alot depends on Favre........but even IF Favre comes back, i think it would only be for one year, so you have to be prepared for his departure.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well whoever signs him, will probably sign him with a big money contract, and 'big money contract' and 'arm surgery' with 'quarterback' shouldnt be in the same sentence.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats where you make it signed as conditional..........like with Couch. He bombed, and was cut.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couch was trying to hide that he was damaged goods before he got here. Thats why you would HAVE to have Brees thoroughly checked before you sign him. I doubt it would happen anyway.....but i thought it was an interesting question.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well whoever signs him, will probably sign him with a big money contract, and 'big money contract' and 'arm surgery' with 'quarterback' shouldnt be in the same sentence.

he's asking 10 mil...thats why he's available. he wants frickin Manning money.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:

I didn't know he was asking for that. I thought his tag number was 10 million, and the Bolts didn't wanna give that kinda dough to a guy with an injury of Chad Pennington-like proportions.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Couch was trying to hide that he was damaged goods before he got here. Thats why you would HAVE to have Brees thoroughly checked before you sign him. I doubt it would happen anyway.....but i thought it was an interesting question.

Yes, and MS gave him $600,000 bonus without ever working him out. Gee, I wonder why he failed as a GM.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
someone will pay 10 mil for brees, i can almost guarantee that. high risk\high reward. and there are some carazay GMs out there. cough cough, raiders.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:

I didn't know he was asking for that. I thought his tag number was 10 million, and the Bolts didn't wanna give that kinda dough to a guy with an injury of Chad Pennington-like proportions.

thats what i heard on the radio yesterday, but it wouldn't be the first time a sports radio guy spouted some misinformation. :wink:

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A labrum tear for a pitcher is the end of the road. My 12 year old daughter tore hers and she's not back playing soccer or basketball after 6 months - but that's not the only problem with her shoulder. I don't recall any QB's that have even had one. If it's bad, everyone will know soon enough.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course pro atheletes get the BEST care.....doctors and rehab. I bet it's not as good with us "average" people. He may be done, then again, maybe not. We will see.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Of course pro atheletes get the BEST care.....doctors and rehab. I bet it's not as good with us "average" people. He may be done, then again, maybe not. We will see.

Alan :shock: you and the word average in one line? :eek: :lol: :lol:

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Brees will either be in Detroit or Miami next season. Hopefully Miami. If the Lions get a QB like Brees they will defenatly be on the up and up.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say no hes going to try and get a ton of money and I dont think we should be spending money on someone who just tore his throwing shoulder

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees is a longer term option. He is worth 7-8 million a year. With injury maybe some of the years he can be had for 6 million. A contract with a high escalator can make it really a 2 year deal.

It all is in how the deal is structured. Competition would be Miami and Baltimore.

It is a difficult question without knowing the details.

Members online

Latest posts