Draft a kicker?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well? Should we? :eek: I just conjured a vision of Brett Conway dropping 3 missed field goals in the same spot of the North endzone.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't, and I'm fairly certain TT loves his picks too much to waste them on somebody who might not even make PS (Ricky Elmore is NOT a legitimate argument) plenty of good UDFA at an undervalued position in the sea. Zach Brown in particular might make it out of the draft and would make a great addition.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the answer to this question is the answer to a lot of questions like this: It depends. Of course that is not an exciting or bold answer but it’s the right one IMO: If there’s a PK later in the draft that would likely not be available as an UDFA and there’s not a position player they have graded in a talent tier above where they’re selecting, then yes they should draft him. Failing that I agree with the others: Bring in a UDFA and/or someone whose been trying to make it in the league as a PK. No matter what they should bring in some competition. And I know they like Crosby, but I hope they’ll allow a real challenge to his job.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT makes some draft day trades and has an extra 7th to burn then one might be worth grabbing but I definitely would like to see a high end UDFA kicker brought in for some healthy camp competition.

H

HardRightEdge

Efforts should be made to upgrade the position. If that means using a 7th. round pick, so be it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see rookies like Blair Walsh and Justin Tucker just be heads and shoulders better than our kicker and shake my head as to why we are paying Mason Crosby $3M+ per year.

Walsh was drafted in the 6th and Tucker was undrafted.

Unless you have a kicker that is complete money year after year (like a Robbie Gould), kickers seem to be too volatile to be a good long-term investment.

I would just as soon find one with a late round pick or undrafted every 4 years than make the kind of investment that we did.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Nope, drafting a kicker is just stupid. It never works out. Don't pay em either when their contract comes up. Good kickers are a dime a dozen.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see rookies like Blair Walsh and Justin Tucker just be heads and shoulders better than our kicker and shake my head as to why we are paying Mason Crosby $3M+ per year.

Walsh was drafted in the 6th and Tucker was undrafted.
WINNER!!!

Absolutely, as long as there are some more good kickers in this class.... remember NOBODY was worse than Crosby. And even before he got so bad, he was never clutch which is worse.
Plus he gets paid as a top-5 kicker.

We're tight to the cap.

So we can get better, and save a lot of money. It's a no-brainer as long as they identify a good one like Walsh, Zeurlien, Tucker.

Nope, drafting a kicker is just stupid. It never works out. Don't pay em either when their contract comes up. Good kickers are a dime a dozen.
Where's your sarcasm icon?

Members online

Latest posts