Does MM have this team too full of themselvs?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the first regular season game a couple of weeks ago. I was listining to the Packer Pre Game show off of WTMJ. They played a quote on there from MM. On the pregame show they were talking about how the young players were going to respond this year. MM's comment was "Our biggest problem is going to be handleing success." Hasnt worked out like that so far. I'm not sure why MM would say somthing like that without knowing how your season is going to go. Now it makes him just look stupid.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM shoulda said "Our biggest problem is handling getting shut out" cuz...thats what coaches SHOULD say, right? no.

It doesnt make him look stupid, it makes him look like a coach saying coach things.

Its not like he did the 'guarantee a win' thing.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well im not interested in having a coach for any team of mine that is going to be "Politically Correct" Because that gets you no where. He may not be saying were going to win. But could u hear Bill Parcells saying that? Or better yet Vince saying that if he was still coach? No, these coaches are winners and if you want to know why it is because they present things and tell things how it is.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom....relax ADD boy. agopack was just making a point. It was an assinine thing to say. Why not just use your standard "he's a young headcoach, just learning" excuse rather than trying to justify his statement.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
trom....relax ADD boy. agopack was just making a point. It was an assinine thing to say. Why not just use your standard "he's a young headcoach, just learning" excuse rather than trying to justify his statement.

It was a stupid statement. Thats why I wish we had a Parcells type of guy instead of the zombie we have now

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's actually true, DePack. Why is a rookie head coach expected to be coaching and working the media like he is a 3 year vet?

I'm glad you guys dont coach..oh wait...some of you do. Yikes...

poor children!

ADD Boy? Nice.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
That's actually true, DePack. Why is a rookie head coach expected to be coaching and working the media like he is a 3 year vet?

I'm glad you guys dont coach..oh wait...some of you do. Yikes...

poor children!

ADD Boy? Nice.

Another thread turns into me coaching, predictable. Whens the last time you played/coached/anything outside of playing Madden, Trom?

Quitusing the "first year coach" excuse. It's not my fault we have a first year coach, I didn't hire him, Ted Millen did. So you are admitting TT made a mistake by bringing in MM?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

This was a good thread until it was ruined by..uh...um...you know...

yeah.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
It's not my fault we have a first year coach, I didn't hire him

Again it comes to you wanting to be the GM. Dude, I dont know why GB didn't pick you, I am sure they had their reasons, man.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DePack said:

It was a stupid statement. Thats why I wish we had a Parcells type of guy instead of the zombie we have now

Any problems with Zombies??? You might get a budu thing for offending them !!!!

This loser MM said a stupid thing,,, we hade a Mexican President that once said "Our problems will be to learn how to administer the wealthy of this country" when he left the office the country had to deal with the worst economic crisis ever..

The same thing looks to be on the make for little Mike..

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is trying to get the team to buy into his system. Once a team comes together, buys into a system, and plays as one, you have a chance to be successful. I'm sure once the rookies had a first taste of a NFL vet during preseason, hell even against GB's vets in TC, they knew they had a major learning curve ahead of them and. You can't fault MM for trying to motivate the team and shape it with some confidence.
As far as the Vince deal with the media, let's face it, the media was nothing like it is today in Vince's era. The media actually showed some class and integrity. Today the media is beyond rediculous.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine that the Packers player's abilities to handle success are the least of any concerns anyone in the Packers organization has at this point.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know i find a majority of this board has ADD because none of you can decide what you want. You can be like the the or want it both ways from Sunday.

Not long ago you screamed for the head of Sherman (Ohhh woe is to us Packer Fan that has to endure him) So TT fires Sherman and we get McCarthy.

Now that we have MM you want him gone after 2 whole games. 2 games folks.

So you arer a coach Pyle how long have you been doing it. hmmmm so how would you like your skills as a coach to be judged after 2 games. Would you think it equitable if after two games it was determined that you just didnt look like a HC (Chamako) so therefore you should be canned. I would say no.

Listen everyone it takes time to grow into any job. Mike Holmgren had to grow into his. Remember took him 4 years to get to the Superbowl. Not only that he became the first GB coach to loose a Superbowl with a superior team than the one he played.

MM will suffer setbacks as a coach. The Pack will be up and down this year. There are 14 morer games to be played. There are alot of positives on this team as a whole things to get excited about. After 15 years of winning you are bound to see some down time.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
You know i find a majority of this board has ADD because none of you can decide what you want. You can be like the the or want it both ways from Sunday.

Not long ago you screamed for the head of Sherman (Ohhh woe is to us Packer Fan that has to endure him) So TT fires Sherman and we get McCarthy.

So you arer a coach Pyle how long have you been doing it. hmmmm so how would you like your skills as a coach to be judged after 2 games. Would you think it equitable if after two games it was determined that you just didnt look like a HC (Chamako) so therefore you should be canned. I would say no.

Listen everyone it takes time to grow into any job. Mike Holmgren had to grow into his. Remember took him 4 years to get to the Superbowl. Not only that he became the first GB coach to loose a Superbowl with a superior team than the one he played.

MM will suffer setbacks as a coach. The Pack will be up and down this year. There are 14 morer games to be played. There are alot of positives on this team as a whole things to get excited about. After 15 years of winning you are bound to see some down time.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE.
JB, you just very tactfully ***** slapped everyone and sent them to bed. Very nicely done.

I believe Packer fans to be very spoiled under Favre's tenure. I don't remember much of the 70's Packers, but I remember how bad we were in the 80's. The team we have now might be young at certain positions, and timely mistakes have been killing us last year and in the NO game, but we are nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned 70's and 80's teams.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
JbShell said:

GIVE HIM A CHANCE.
JB, you just very tactfully ***** slapped everyone and sent them to bed. Very nicely done.

I believe Packer fans to be very spoiled under Favre's tenure. I don't remember much of the 70's Packers, but I remember how bad we were in the 80's. The team we have now might be young at certain positions, and timely mistakes have been killing us last year and in the NO game, but we are nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned 70's and 80's teams.

This whole rebuilding thing wouldn't be so bad if Favre wasn't still around. It's pointless to rebuild with him at QB.

And painful to watch him go out this way!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:

GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Man I'm glad I'm not included in that group. I never wanted Sherman to go.

Members online

Latest posts