Did anyone else feel this way on Black Sunday?

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Wow that was a great observation. So many good points. This is what the NFL wants. High scoring games to attract sponsors and therefore make more money. You are correct. This kind of statistical lopsidedness (is that a word?) would not win a national championship in college. You are lucky to get there if you have 1 loss. I know it is a different system but there has to be a way to make the NFL a little more balanced. Pretty soon NFL final scores will be the same as the NBA. Think about it, the Green Bay Packers defeated the Detroit Lions today in a tight game 106 to 99. Don't get me wrong. I love to watch the Packers score points. I just thought Bogart made some pretty good sense.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have strong premonitions before each game. I felt nervous going into the first Giants game. I felt awful going into the Chiefs. I work with a Giants fan and the Friday before, I told her I thought they had it in the bag.

I wanted to win with everything that is in me. My heart STILL aches. But I knew, I just knew.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told my Packer friend before the game I was worried. I saw a Giant team that had something we didn't...a lot better defense. I wasn't surprised but the impact of that loss will sting me to my death.

In response to Bogart's post, don't forget that a 10-6 team won the Super Bowl the year before.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not really a mystery when you look at the season and last offseason...basically there wasn't one so teams had no real way to perpare for the rigors of the season...this will probably go down with the other strike shortened seasons

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I have had that game on my sitting on my DVR for over a month now. I think I can finally watch it this weekend unemotionally. Gonna be interesting to see it with a clear head. I think I will watch the San Diego game right after it.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I have had that game on my sitting on my DVR for over a month now. I think I can finally watch it this weekend unemotionally. Gonna be interesting to see it with a clear head. I think I will watch the San Diego game right after it.
Watching the Giants fiasco again sounds like torture. I'd rather have a root canal while poking myself in the eye with a hot poker.

Randy S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just feel like I need to ask. On Sunday, January 15(?) did anyone else have a knot in their stomach? Did anyone else have this gut feeling that we weren't going to win that game against the Giants? Granted I was yelling at the TV for the bad stuff, and cheering for the good stuff, the initial feeling was still nagging at me all game. I felt like maybe I wasn't being a good fan... it started to drive me nuts. How can someone be a fan of a team, especially a team like the Packers and think that they're team is going to lose? I didn't WANT them to lose, but I had this feeling that couldn't be shook.

I don't claim to be psychic or have premonitions or anything but Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before the game I just felt off. I felt weird. I knew the Giants were going to give us hell. I had a feeling that I tried to suppress and hide from others. The Packers were going to lose. I didn't want to admit it to myself, let alone any other Packers fans.

I have been a Packers fan since I was about 9 years old. I am 25 now. Out of all the sports I follow, and my favorite teams from each sport, the Packers are the team I love the most and the team I follow the closest. After the loss, I did not lose any love for them...but I just felt like my soul was shot in the head. It was hard to be happy about much of anything. I even went back and started watching Super Bowl XLV on youtube and I just couldn't get excited.

The sting has worn off, but the "what if.." and the "we shoulda..." is just killing me still. This was OUR season, damnit!

I am excited about next year, and getting to Super Bowl XLVII and winning it, don't get me wrong. I feel that the team is going to come out of the gates strong and never let up. XLVII is OURSSSSS!

Still, do my previous feelings at the end of our season make me a bad fan? I love the Packers, always have and always will be I feel so bad about how I felt before that Giants game that I just can't keep it bottled up anymore... I just had to ask you guys/gals and vent.

Thanks for lending an 'ear', so to speak.

--Rob.

Yes I did and living in the burbs of NYC on Long Island it was twice as hard...I swung my partner away from being a Giant fan to a Packer Backer after two trips to the GB area last year. She has gotten the bug and wears a Roger's white jersey on game day. She's such a great gal she bought me four shares of Packer Stock for X mas this year.

The one thing that still puzzles me and maybe someone can answer me. During the game I noticed on numerous occasions that the Giant defense had to many or to few players on the field or had the wrong defensive play called and Rogers waited for them to get it right then started the play. Hey way back when when I played QB in high school we had a quick snap play when the other team didn't have their **** together. I'm going to watch the game again this weekend before the race and count the number of time Rogers blew it.

Hey coach QUICK SNAP if the other team can't get it together....result FIRST DOWN and or TOUCHDON....

Randy S.

LordHoratio66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally had that knot in the stomach feeling before the game. It was strangely phrophetic. All I can say is: The Giants had better watch out Sept 5, because the Pack will be out, looking for blood. Giant's blood.

Members online

Latest posts