Dexter Lawrence Nose clemson.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every so often I see a Dlineman flips my lid. This guy is the guy. He will be the next ngata, poe, wilfork, type of big boy...... And as usual, teams like Baltimore, Steelers, Seattle, will get him.
6'4" 342 runs a 5.05 and has 36 reps....only thing he is missing is a 32" vert like raji had...
Thompson and capers had a great secondary to back them up. A great group of big dtackles left over from the 4--3. They added the two impact players and the scheme worked... Because we had a great deep dline. We added that dominant nose and like I said many times. It took our best dlineman and made him second on blocking priority. Our previous second best dlineman became third on list... And so on... The d line destroying the front allowing lbs to get open. Added Mathews and he looked all pro from day 1...
The only way to beat a front 7 like that is to go over the top. If you have the great starters in secondary. Like woodson Harris Collins burnett. They can cover the best wrs in the league long enough for the front 7 to clean up....
Capers didn't value dline and as contract came up we let them all walk until raji was the only one left...he got sick of taking the beating of a whole line without help and eventually quit....a shame to have wasted that talent imo...
You draft a raji type dude like dexter Lawrence. And add him to a group like Clark/ Daniels/ modog/ Adams/ Lowry..... And Daniels dang near slips off the list of blocking concerns, down at #3 or #4..... Daniels, Clark, Perry... One on one against #3, #4, or even#5 best blockers? Lol. I like our chances....
Also our secondary is primed to break out. Stay healthy. Put a front 7 that dominates in there. And the young secondary will clean up imo.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence is more Vita Vea than BJ Raji.

I just don't think he's a pass rusher in the NFL. Dude is that athletic and had 1.5 sacks this year? Only 7 TFL while surrounded by a great DL? I wouldn't even consider taking him at 12...or 30 tbh.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the world do you think clemson dethroned Alabama? It was that dline. And I'd be confident to say dexter was double teamed on every single play he was in.... Which is why the other clemson dlineman looked even better......

Ripple effect.

Dexter will force the double. And not get pushed back. Thats what we need to open up Clark and daniels to 1 on 1 play.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How in the world do you think clemson dethroned Alabama? It was that dline. And I'd be confident to say dexter was double teamed on every single play he was in.... Which is why the other clemson dlineman looked even better......

Ripple effect.

Dexter will force the double. And not get pushed back. Thats what we need to open up Clark and daniels to 1 on 1 play.

Yeah, Dexter is a plugger that takes up space. That's a good, and valuable player.

You don't take that player at 12.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do not need D line ffs we need linebackers that can get to the qb

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets see where the NFL generals draft him.... I'm going to say he doesnt make it past #15.

Raji played in a 4-3 next to another super dominant dt . they both had double digit sacks if I remember.... Raji was special.....
But I don't remember boston college winning any national championships behind them...
Clemson and bama are stacked 10 ways each. But those defensive lines were the deciding factor. Alabama can't roll over dexter and his posi.
We do not need D line ffs we need linebackers that can get to the qb
I have been hearing that at least 10 years......
When mo was in there, the defense looked 100 x better. Even though mo's stats didnt show it... The dline was wrecking them.... Mo goes down and the whole defense stalled. But still held their own when Clark and daniels were healthy. Both got dinged up tho, and when one was out we got whooped. ... I dont know who was in for the last game... But 31-0 loss to the lions.... ? I'm guessing both were out.

Reaction score
I see Dexter an outside possibility, but he’s not a top #3 DL in this draft. He’s one of 7 Interior Defensive Lineman that are projected starters in 2019 (above a grade of 6.0) I have him between #4-#6 best DL.
That means he’ll likely be up against 3 or 4 of the following list of remaining positions after #11 overall gets picked:

1. A top 1-2 ranked OL
2. The #1 ranked TE
3. The #1 ranked RB
3. A top 1-2 ranked WR
4. A similarly valued Edge player (ranked top 3-4)
5. The #1 ranked ILB

In addition to the above, there’s a decent chance he would have to beat out either Rashan Gary or Ed Oliver to get into the top 12. So if GB is looking to go DL? I’m not saying it can’t happen, but he’s got his work cut out for #12 overall.

If GB signs an upper echelon veteran OLB or OL before the draft OR trades back then I see this as becoming more realistic But who knows stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Dexter an outside possibility, but he’s not a top #3 DL in this draft. He’s one of 7 Interior Defensive Lineman that are projected starters in 2019 (above a grade of 6.0) I have him between #4-#6 best DL.
That means he’ll likely be up against 3 or 4 of the following list of remaining positions after #11 overall gets picked:

1. A top 1-2 ranked OL
2. The #1 ranked TE
3. The #1 ranked RB
3. A top 1-2 ranked WR
5. The #1 ranked ILB

In addition to the above, there’s a decent chance he would have to beat out either Rashan Gary or Ed Oliver to get into the top 12. So if GB is looking to go DL? I’m not saying it can’t happen, but he’s got his work cut out for #12 overall.

If GB signs an upper echelon veteran OLB or OL before the draft OR trades back then I see this as becoming more realistic But who knows stranger things have happened.
Lots of options... Gute nailed last years draft value.....
Its just one of those things I guess. How much does a team value a player. Trade back 5 spots and pick up a extra 2nd. Maybe he slips and we trade up and get a 3rd 1st round pick with our day 2 picks? Anything can happen draft day...

Then there is the ol desperarion need game. Most teams need a qb and a few go trade the farm for some unknown rookie every year...

I'm just starved for a dominant d line. I just want it. Thats where it all starts since we have #12.... Oline is high on the list too. Really high. I wouldnt be bummed with a couple of those guys. But the clemson nose is the missing link. Imo. Clark and Daniels still need help. And better depth.

You seen Clark destroying guys last year. (and fackrell almost had double digit sacks) he got banged up tho.... Guys lose their intensity a lot of times after taking a few year beating like that... And in my experience as a work horse. You find a prize work horse, you don't run him into the ground to see how much you can squeeze out of one stud. You give him help. They form a pack. They rally instead of grind....

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets see where the NFL generals draft him.... I'm going to say he doesnt make it past #15.

Raji played in a 4-3 next to another super dominant dt . they both had double digit sacks if I remember.... Raji was special.....
But I don't remember boston college winning any national championships behind them...
Clemson and bama are stacked 10 ways each. But those defensive lines were the deciding factor. Alabama can't roll over dexter and his posi.

I have been hearing that at least 10 years......
When mo was in there, the defense looked 100 x better. Even though mo's stats didnt show it... The dline was wrecking them.... Mo goes down and the whole defense stalled. But still held their own when Clark and daniels were healthy. Both got dinged up tho, and when one was out we got whooped. ... I dont know who was in for the last game... But 31-0 loss to the lions.... ? I'm guessing both were out.
I def agree mo should stay 100% as well as breeland.. they just can’t eff up this draft...

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers most likely won't be able to pick up an extra second round pick by trading back five spots from #12.
:) I was starting to get worried about you Capt. This post has been up a couple days and you Havnt disagreed with me yet?

Jk Jk.

As per usual.... You are right... Lol

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I feel like the entire Clemson Dline is a trap...because they were all productive, they were a nightmare for opposing offensive lines. Most of the dline man coming out of the draft, were the sole weapon on the line, thus getting a double and still were productive (ie Oliver, Simmons). Just my two cents, but I wouldn’t really touch a Clemson player in the draft, because the tape is skewed

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea. I don't like Clemson dline either. They suck. I'm mean collectively they were destroying their opponent on every level every game consistently no matter who they faced...... But each one alone is going to suck. In the NFL. You know, where the dlineman are average at best.......

*sarcasm*

I'm totally cool with the whole d line getting respect... It goes to show what a few centerpieces and a couple great rotations on a D line, can accomplish. Imo.

Lawrence is still my pick at #12. I want that giant right between Daniels and Clark. And then start building depth.

And oline. Spend #30 and day two on online. I don't care. I'd actually love that move. Nothing wrong with depth and competition.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Spending the 12th overall pick on a guy who plays the same position as your best, young, elite player on defense would be brilliant.

*sarcasm*

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spending the 12th overall pick on a guy who plays the same position as your best, young, elite player on defense would be brilliant.

*sarcasm*

Lol. Good one :)
Does it matter that Clark is quick enough to play DE and would completely destroy OTs he is bigger, stronger, and faster than?

It reminds me of when I had to complain about Cullen Jenkins being wasted as #5 DT for like 3 years before he was moved over.....

Now granted, Clark can play anywhere. He is our best dlineman, and should be at nose... Until we get a better nose and put Clark at DE...

Here is the thing. Lawrence can't play DE. He is a nose... Clark can play DE. He is a NT/DE. Tweener if you want to say. Lol I wouldn't call him that to his face. Lol
I have always been leaning on the bigger heavier end..... If there's a ilb/safety I want a big crushing safety...if we have a DE/OLB I want that 270 pound **** hitting the blocker with three steps into a run rather than one......and so on.... This includes quick young 320 pounders playing DE...
Bigger CBs, bigger OTs, huger guards and centers. Wrs bigger, rbs either Barry Sanders zig zag bowling ball or 4.35 Adrian Peterson stallion. Yes I want it all...... In not done.:) I'd like to steal the bears safety......wait. Ok I'm done.

Ripple effect Dantes. When Lawrence is on the field, Clark becomes the second most imposing figure on that line. That's hard to do... and Daniels will be pissed to slip to third. And the new olbs will be carving their paths. Martinez the tackling machine will get his share. Our 3-4 has a starting front 7...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lol. Good one :)
Does it matter that Clark is quick enough to play DE and would completely destroy OTs he is bigger, stronger, and faster than?

It reminds me of when I had to complain about Cullen Jenkins being wasted as #5 DT for like 3 years before he was moved over.....

Now granted, Clark can play anywhere. He is our best dlineman, and should be at nose... Until we get a better nose and put Clark at DE...

Here is the thing. Lawrence can't play DE. He is a nose... Clark can play DE. He is a NT/DE. Tweener if you want to say. Lol I wouldn't call him that to his face. Lol
I have always been leaning on the bigger heavier end..... If there's a ilb/safety I want a big crushing safety...if we have a DE/OLB I want that 270 pound **** hitting the blocker with three steps into a run rather than one......and so on.... This includes quick young 320 pounders playing DE...
Bigger CBs, bigger OTs, huger guards and centers. Wrs bigger, rbs either Barry Sanders zig zag bowling ball or 4.35 Adrian Peterson stallion. Yes I want it all...... In not done.:) I'd like to steal the bears safety......wait. Ok I'm done.

Ripple effect Dantes. When Lawrence is on the field, Clark becomes the second most imposing figure on that line. That's hard to do... and Daniels will be pissed to slip to third. And the new olbs will be carving their paths. Martinez the tackling machine will get his share. Our 3-4 has a starting front 7...

You don't take an elite young stud and ask him to move into a position that doesn't fit him as well just because you wanted to draft someone else at his position.

If they moved Clark off of playing most of his snaps at the shade, it would be to play most of his snaps at the 3T. That's not nearly as good a fit.

It would make infinitely more sense to draft a natural 3T or 5T than to make your best player change positions because you wanted to take a guy who is like the 5th best iDL in his own class.

TXPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ripple effect.

I watched a breakdown of the NC St center whose name escapes me, but he handled Lawrence pretty easily 1 on 1. Everything from pass blocking to reach blocking in their run game. I don't know how many NFL caliber centers were on Clemson's schedule but Lawrence didn’t do well that game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I watched a breakdown of the NC St center whose name escapes me, but he handled Lawrence pretty easily 1 on 1. Everything from pass blocking to reach blocking in their run game. I don't know how many NFL caliber centers were on Clemson's schedule but Lawrence didn’t do well that game.

Garrett Bradbury.

His biggest issue at the senior Bowl early in the weak was handling power and his biggest physical limitation are his short arms.

He still handled the big boy.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. A top 1-2 ranked OL
2. The #1 ranked TE
3. The #1 ranked RB
3. A top 1-2 ranked WR
5. The #1 ranked ILB

Giants got him at 17.... Ruined my whole day...

Reaction score
Giants got him at 17.... Ruined my whole day...
Yeah well I never want to see someone miss out on a player who excites them. I knew it wouldn’t happen but if Quinnen would’ve slipped outside #6-7 I thought GB might move up in front of Detroit. Speaking of eating up blocks? He’s a one man wrecking crew that blew through double teams, He’s special and is a Raji turbo version.

I still stand by my pre-draft comment above that Ed Oliver or Rashan Gary are both better choices at #12, however I would’ve been fine getting Dexter where he went in a trade back, but would’ve expected a 2nd rounder in return. Then we would’ve had both Dexter AND Parris etc..

I am pretty pumped about Rashan. Wasn’t sure if you saw the physical comparisons, but Rashan has the fastest 40 time by a player at least 277 lbs+ in
32 years of Combine and Pro day participants! That’s not one year. That’s 32 YEARS
That’s literally thousands of participants in his weight class and he’s #1. If he’s able to stay healthy and peak in 2-3 years?.. we will have an absolutely incredible pass rush. He needs some refinement to be consistently disruptive but you don’t miss CM3. But in the meantime? don’t try to beat this guy to the edge, I promise you unless you have sub 4.5 speed you’re in big trouble! He has one of the quicker initial bursts and he also has a violent takedown in comparison to Clay IMO. Clay finished tackles soft whereas Gary has more attitude.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah well I never want to see someone miss out on a player who excites them. I knew it wouldn’t happen but if Quinnen would’ve slipped outside #6-7 I thought GB might move up in front of Detroit. Speaking of eating up blocks? He’s a one man wrecking crew that blew through double teams, He’s special and is a Raji turbo version.

I still stand by my pre-draft comment above that Ed Oliver or Rashan Gary are both better choices at #12, however I would’ve been fine getting Dexter where he went in a trade back, but would’ve expected a 2nd rounder in return. Then we would’ve had both Dexter AND Parris etc..

I am pretty pumped about Rashan. Wasn’t sure if you saw the physical comparisons, but Rashan has the fastest 40 time by a player at least 277 lbs+ in
32 years of Combine and Pro day participants! That’s not one year. That’s 32 YEARS
That’s literally thousands of participants in his weight class and he’s #1. If he’s able to stay healthy and peak in 2-3 years?.. we will have an absolutely incredible pass rush. He needs some refinement to be consistently disruptive but you don’t miss CM3. But in the meantime? don’t try to beat this guy to the edge, I promise you unless you have sub 4.5 speed you’re in big trouble! He has one of the quicker initial bursts and he also has a violent takedown in comparison to Clay IMO. Clay finished tackles soft Gary has more attitude.
So I take it he is going to be OLB?
I wasn't sure since we just got two big 26 year old olb free agents. Over 10 mil a piece...I thought, Maybe he plays DE?

The d line lost mo Wilkerson and added a rookie. Which means we are one rolled ankle away from being a pushover up front. Which happens around week 4 usually. Making our OLBs ineffective. And our new 5'10" 198 pound safety will have to stop ball hawking and play more like a lb.

That's a super impressive fact about gary's 40 time.

Reaction score
I wasn't sure since we just got two big 26 year old olb free agents. Over 10 mil a piece...I thought, Maybe he plays DE?

The d line lost mo Wilkerson and added a rookie. Which means we are one rolled ankle away from being a pushover up front. Which happens around week 4 usually. Making our OLBs ineffective. And our new 5'10" 198 pound safety will have to stop ball hawking and play more like a lb.

I think we will initially see Za’Darius Smith playing DE opposite Daniels. Lowry and Rashan being rotated in the mix. I know they advertised him as a LB, but I believe he’ll be Jack.
Preston Smith and Kyler at OLB. Rashan will get more limited snaps early in the season and his snap count will increase with his comfort in the new system.
By doing it this way they can ease Rashan in and have the best talent on the field simultaneously, while keeping everyone fresh.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol. Our front is very impressive. One rolled ankle away from being a rollover is quite the exaggeration.

Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Adams, KeKe, Lancaster, Gary can play 3/5T, ZaDarius Smith can play 3T in passing downs. C'mon man.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we all have proven to be right in a way.
Greenbayslacker smallish unproven fast up and coming dline has not only held their own. They have done relatively well. Continueing the uptrend. Stayed healthy. All good stuff...

Dexter Lawrence has shown to also be a stud. I went on the Giants board to check reports and there was a post asking if anyone on the team has played "great" this year . Lawrence was probabally the most mentioned name. Although the final thought was that he wasn't great yet. And that nobody on the team was "great" this year. But in all honesty. He is a rookie. And has been a shining star on the defense.

Talking 31 tackles. 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble through 12 games.
That and saying he always got an initial push and was double teamed nearly every play...

That's the type of dude we need to get our guys open.