Denver interested in J-Walker

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

from http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=F ... 48&start=0

JeezusJuice said:
...if you would have posted the link....

But this is new...
WHO
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Javon Walker
Packers

WHO'S INTERESTED
Broncos?

THE SKINNY
Broncos inquire about Walker
<Mar. 28> According to the Rocky Mountain News, the Broncos have contacted the Packers about Walker, who wants out of Green Bay. The Broncos have extra picks in the first and fourth rounds of this year's draft, and likely want to deal the fourth-rounder for Walker.
Walker has made it clear he has no desire to ever play another game for Green Bay. Even if the Packers were to offer Walker a lucrative contract, he would not consider returning.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Walker told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. "I don't have to play. I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

The Packers have said they would listen to proposed deals for Walker, but have yet to grant the wide receiver permission to seek a trade

Walker is entering the final year of a five-year, $6.7 million contract. He underwent reconstructive knee surgery Oct. 7 in Houston to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and torn meniscus cartilage.

Because Walker is damaged goods, the Packers might be fortunate to get even a mid- to late-round pick in return. However, his base salary of $650,000 would be attractive for any team.

Source

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that they would be willing to give up their 4th round pick because they have another one because of the compenstaion pick, not one of thier 1st rounders. The 4th rounder makes more sence because of his injury.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know where Walker is in the rehabilitation of his knee? It seems to me it would make sense for the Packers to wait until Walker has demonstrated he has recovered from his injury before trying to trade him. If Walker is worth a 4th round pick now, a healthy Walker may be worth a 2nd round pick to someone.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
If Walker is worth a 4th round pick now, a healthy Walker may be worth a 2nd round pick to someone.

Javon Walker is worth way more than a fourth...I say trade him for a fourth in '06, but attach some compensation--Have them give us an '07 3rd if he goes without missing a game due to serious injury, or a 2nd if he gets 1,000 yards, something like that--we shouldn't have to pay the price because Walker got injured one season but returned to pro-bowl form. And if he bombs and gets hurt, a 4th round pick isnt that much for Denver to give up

and...If it's true that the Eagles offered a 3rd and Hollis Thomas (which i still wouldn't do) the Broncos come knocking on TT's door with 4th round picks at-hand is quite hilarious.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Javon is worth more then a fourth he did get hurt but He did also have a breakout year and I like what JavonWalker084 is thinking.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm Ted Thompson the message would be loud and clear, the kids isn't going to be traded this year. If he's willing to truly sit out and forfeit his contract then good for him. He can sit on principles all he wants, but he can't allow this spoiled kid to dictate anything to him or his team. He's under contract and that's the way it is. His daddy and mommy can sell his house and move him out all they want. I would tell him clearly that if he's not a Packer he's not playing football this year.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't trade him for only a 4th round pick.
Let him sit on his wallet for a yr.
Players make me laugh when they say that they won't play. They only have so many years period. Sitting around won't give them that year back on the back end of their carrer. It is gone forever. Some day they have to figure out that they will never get back the money they lose by sitting. And their skills deteriorate in the process. There are hundreds/thousands of players who are almost good enuf for the NFL. Running around on a track or playing pick up games with some buddys will not keep him in NFL shape. I guarantee you if one of his friends popped him ******* a crossing route during a pick up game JW will have one less friend at the end of the day.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the problem.........Walker NEEDS to play SOME this season to finish his contract in GB, to be a free agent next year. But he has stated that if he does come in, he will be a cancer on the team. So, WHO wants him here now? He might come in in week 10, and jog around the field, purposely NOT getting open, or dropping balls just to make his childish point. He HATES Favre, and won't play with him again. The kid is a PUNK. I never thought he would be this low. I lost ALL respect for him. He was paid handsomely when he did NOTHING as a rookie, yet he cries like a big baby when he FINALLY started to EARN some of what he already GOT!
I would trade him to the team with the WORST QB in the NFL, and let him becone a ZERO! FAVRE helped make him a good player. Without a decent QB, he will be a NOTHING!

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right On Cheesey!!!!Maybe with...what's his name...oh yeah walker gone Brett will come running back. Wouldn't blame him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup! I would MUCH rather see players that WANT to be here then one that comes right out and admits he WILL try to destroy the team. I had high hopes for......whats his name.........oh yeah, walker (he doesn't deserve a capital "W" anymore) now, i hope he ends up somewhere where he ends up a bench warmer. All that talent.........and NO brains. I think he needs to go with the "Scarecrow" to see the "Wizard" to get some brains. Oh, and with the "Tin Woodsman" to get some HEART too!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read a story these old guys are paying 250 bucks to play some football. Then theres walker who doesnt get paid enough. so sad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.......being a millionaire isn't enough. If the guy would have shut his mouth, put up decent numbers this year, he could ask and probably get whatever he wants. But GREED overpowers those with NO BRAINS!!!
Maybe he KNOWS Favre MADE him, and if Favre isn't there, he will become just another average WR. So he has to get a BIG contract now, BEFORE anyone realizes he's NOT all that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i just can't believe that. the situation would have to be PRETTY dire to do something SO stupid. either that, or javon is just that stupid.

Members online

Latest posts