Decent post for PackerChick.....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
on second thought...after watching the replay of the game..and Favre's post game interview...i conclude the following...

Brett Favre is just plain worn out...frustrated...dog-tired...drained...

As anyone who has played competitive sports knows..there is a mental toll..as well as physical..to this game...and i believe Brett Favre has possibly reached the limits of his endurance--mentally....

(When he was chasing Babe Ruth's home run record in a single season...Roger Maris had his hair fall out..he couldn't sleep...and was possibly near a mental breakdown...or at least nervous exhaustion....)

I think Brett Favre is, perhaps..in a similar state...(oh perhaps not to the degree of MAris...) but similar...

Some his passes were slightly underthrown...(the receivers were covered and could have fought for the ball)...but they are used to them being right on the money....His fake spike..his run and illegal forward pass...etc..

These are signs of an athlete who is reaching...who realizes that the end is near...Not HIS END..mind you...but the end of the Green Bay Packers season...and it is hard for a true competitor to face this fact...but face it..he must nonetheless..

It is something that he hasn't had to face so early in quite awhile...perhaps never since he's been a PAcker..and that is playing on a team that does not have the talent or ability to make it to the playoffs...

So what does he play for now...?

Pride? Breaking in the rookies...?
Mike Sherman's job? To win games...?

Yes..he will realize it is to win games...if he is not too demoralized..that is..

I think Favre is going through quite a bit and is very disappointed..and I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits after this year...because he has finally seen that the Packers are not a competitive team this year....and perhaps he has seen..that Mike Sherman will never deliver the Packers to the promised land.....

His window of opportunity is closing...and don't be surprised Packer fans..if he is even considering possibly moving his address to another team....and he should be allowed to do so without blame and recrimination.....

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By God 66 if all you say is true then you must be one happy person, all your dreams are coming true!!!

Congratulations, reval in all your glory!!!!

You are a football god.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
By God 66 if all you say is true then you must be one happy person, all your dreams are coming true!!!

Congratulations, revel in all your glory!!!!

You are a football god.

Oh Noooo.........

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
sorry..

Don't quite get what you're driving at BuckEye!

oh..now i get...Packers losing..Sherman gets blame...= my dreams realized...

Nope..sorry to disappoint you but...

Even thought i saw it coming..I take no joy in seeing this thing...I would like the Packers and Favre to go out on a winning note...

But..I wish this SherRossley mess would have been taken care of 3 years ago..!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't going anywhere. He will be back for a couple more years and with the defense coming around, getting his weapons back and adding a couple more.....maybe he'll get another shot at a ring.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MAn..i hope you are right...

Don't know how you are so sure though...

If i knew that to be a fact...I might take a slightly different view of this season then..!

(not of Sherman though..don't get any ideas...)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - Favre is not going anywhere

-- several posters elsewhere have spoken of Favre being traded.

I say Brett sits down and retires whenever the Packers get ready to pull such a stunt. I would go so far as to say that when Brett has decided what's what.. he then restructures his contract one last time to take the heat off of the GBP and goes home...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(not of Sherman though..don't get any ideas...)
Vintage 66 right there :) I love it.

IPBPrez said:
I say Brett sits down and retires whenever the Packers get ready to pull such a stunt. I would go so far as to say that when Brett has decided what's what.. he then restructures his contract one last time to take the heat off of the GBP and goes home...
I agree. He would do something classy like go out benifiting the team. Losen up some cap money and ride off into the sunset.

Members online

Latest posts