D.Adam or Boykin

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but 8-7-1 weren't the expectations for this team and that doesn't cut it.

This isn't Cleveland or Buffalo or Tennessee or any of those places where you keep your job with mediocrity.

"The minute you accept mediocrity you become mediocre"

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Adams or boykin?

How about neither, is that an option?

Between the drops by boykin and lack of seperation by both and the lack of speed by adams...... I think that we clearly need to give Janis a shot, what is it gunna hurt?

OP
OP
PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams or boykin?

How about neither, is that an option?

Between the drops by boykin and lack of seperation by both and the lack of speed by adams...... I think that we clearly need to give Janis a shot, what is it gunna hurt?
Tbh i don't think its about the receivers creating seperation its more of MM play calling being so predictable. Its like the D knows exactly what play is coming. Our route tree is so pedestrian Stevie wonder can man up on our receivers.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
ThxJackVainisi said: I'm not sure who you are arguing with. Again:
You also said this:
With regard to his ongoing employment, I don't think so.
There's no contradiction. You left this out of the first post you quoted. After "Again:" I posted, Don't get me wrong, I presented what I predict will be Thompson (and Murphy's) point of view regarding McCarthy's extension. To spell it out further: It is my prediction that McCarthy gets an extension no matter the Packers record this season. brandon2348 appeared to be arguing with me whether or not that should be the case.If my prediction is correct, this will not be McCarthy's most important season because his entire resume as HC will be more important. And if only one season has to be deemed as "most important"it would be the 2010 season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There's no contradiction. You left this out of the first post you quoted. After "Again:" I posted, Don't get me wrong, I presented what I predict will be Thompson (and Murphy's) point of view regarding McCarthy's extension. To spell it out further: It is my prediction that McCarthy gets an extension no matter the Packers record this season. brandon2348 appeared to be arguing with me whether or not that should be the case.If my prediction is correct, this will not be McCarthy's most important season because his entire resume as HC will be more important. And if only one season has to be deemed as "most important"it would be the 2010 season.

Yeah but what I was saying is 2010 is far away in the rear view mirror. This should be re-visited later because it is only week 4. Also, I am not rooting against McCarthy to get this thing turned around and I have hope for the season.

But if this thing goes south I don't see how the current coaching regime stays in tact. The word is already out that McCarthy has become predictable. If this team stays healthy and he can't win what would he be able to do in the future that he can't do now?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but 8-7-1 weren't the expectations for this team and that doesn't cut it.

This isn't Cleveland or Buffalo or Tennessee or any of those places where you keep your job with mediocrity.

"The minute you accept mediocrity you become mediocre"

I don't think they expected 8-7-1 or have accepted mediocrity, but I don't think they expected to be without their starting and backup QB's for half the season, either.

I'm not promising Seneca Wallace would have been successful, but Tolzien just wasn't ready. They should have brought Flynn in sooner, but once they did, they were again at least competitive for the most part, aside from the Lions game.

That's not a unique problem to the Packers. I'm not sure there's another team in the NFL that could survive and still win their division if you force them to go with a 3rd string and street free agent QB for essentially the entire second half of the season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if this team goes like 6-10 and is in the bottom 10 on offense you think McCarthy's job wont be on the line?

If that were to happen and it wasn't due to massive injuries I think he has to go. He will have lost confidence with the players and mostly everyone else.

How in the heck does he hit the re-set button after that?

The problem with firing a coach for one losing season is there's no guarantee the team will get any better. Teams like the Raiders and Browns have been going through coaches for years and have never got any better.

Consistency with the same coach is a common theme between all the teams who have been consistent contenders.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The problem with firing a coach for one losing season is there's no guarantee the team will get any better. Teams like the Raiders and Browns have been going through coaches for years and have never got any better.

Consistency with the same coach is a common theme between all the teams who have been consistent contenders.

MM isn't going anywhere but I just get frustrated with some of his play calling(especially his designed running plays) and I really didn't like the "chicken approach" in the Seattle game.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed, there's no guarantee of success just by a coaching change, but there are circumstances where the organization can benefit from a new direction. (not saying us). But a scheme or system can become stale.

Consistency seems to be key, but it's almost a chicken or egg question. Is the organization successful because they had patience with the coach and built consistency, or is the coaching consistency existing simply because the organization has been recently successful and there's no reason for a change?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we should get Janis a couple of snaps but look it's not like he dominated the competition in camp and or the preseason. With Janis he's only on the team because he's too talented to be stashed on a practice squad and too raw technique wise to be stashed on the IR. So you carry him as some extra weight during this season to develop him for later. A player like him is going to require a slow and steady development process, we're cooking a goose here not a pop tart.

Members online

Latest posts