Coston makes big jump to lead role

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packerchatters.com/home/inde ... 6&Itemid=2

"I'm kind of a fan of Junius. He's a versatile player, and I think he has a chance to be a good player," general manager Ted Thompson said. "For a lot of these fellas who never have been into the fray on the NFL level, it will be a new experience. (But) we feel pretty confident that he can play."

Thompson drafted Coston as a center, where he started his last two seasons in college. He also started at right tackle as a sophomore and played some at both guard spots his freshman year.

Moving to right guard on a full-time basis has opened Coston's eyes. Jagodzinski, though, hasn't been dissuaded in the least by the development of Coston at the position. Jagodzinski said that the 6-foot-3-inch, 312-pound Coston is the prototype for right guard in the Packers' newly implemented zone-blocking scheme, which requires the interior linemen to be relatively svelte.

"He's athletic. He can stay on his feet. He has power. He can redirect. He does a lot of the things we're looking for. He's what they're supposed to look like," Jagodzinski said.

----

Click the link for the full article.

I like what I'm hearing of Coston so far. I hope he can cut it as a starter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Jags was with the Falcons, they planned on drafting Coston, but GB got him first.

Now they are reunited.

:)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
When Jags was with the Falcons, they planned on drafting Coston, but GB got him first.

Now they are reunited.

:)

HEY!!

Kind of like when Wolf was with the Jets he wanted to draft Brett then Wolf came to GB and traded for him!!

omg its destiny, in five years we will have atleast ONE more SB ring!! w00t

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds good - hope both Coston and Scotty Wells establish themselves this year. Colledge seems to be catching on, too.

PopCynical - love the banner! :)

Chris

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
The article fails to mention that Whitticker is starting also.

Let's not make any assumptions until Clifton is back in the line up.

Agreed, while I think Coson will start I think all guard spots are open

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
The article fails to mention that Whitticker is starting also.

Let's not make any assumptions until Clifton is back in the line up.
t

Whitticker is starting at LT because Clifton isn't practicing due to off season surgery.

Like I stated in another thread Whitticker is a long shot to start because he's big and slow and that doesn't fit the guards we need for our blocking scheme now. He'll be a RT in this scheme in my opinion.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that it sounds like our line actually has depth. Not all pro depth, but at the same time...we won't have emergency starters either, we have guys who know the position.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think the line is in better shape this year, than last year from the SOUND of it. Training Camp will give us a better look. I like Wells at center and if Coston and Colledge live up to expectations, it'll be solid. I expect both Coston and Colledge to get better as the year goes on and like stated if we don't bring in a vet to compete or push one of them, we'll likely have 2 guards staring with the combine expereince of 1 season and let's not forget Coston missed all of last year.

Members online

Latest posts