Colts-finally

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After many visits into the playoffs, the Colts finally overcame all obstacles and destroyed the Chicago Bears...

Wow, What a Game... This game went on to prove a point that no matter HOW great, you have to have an offense that can score from anywhere to be successful.

Take heart Bears fans, you guys are only an offense away from winning it all!

Or are they?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised by how the Bears defense could not get off the field. They only allowed 22 points, which was respectable, but the Colts dominated time of possession.

The Bears paid the price for having an inexperienced QB of questionable talent. They had all the pieces in place except for the most important one. Grossman may turn out to be a good QB with another year or two of experience, but obviously he's not there yet.

I think the rain hurt Grossman more than Manning because Grossman needs to be able to take some shots downfield, and it's hard to make those long throws in the rain. Meanwhile, Manning just picked the Bears apart with short passes.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even taking Grossman out of the equation, the Bears defense that was supposed to be SOOOO good, stunk up the place! The Colts should have had even more points. Urlacher looked lost out there, and he had NO help. The Colts jammed the ball down their throats. Even in the 4th quarter, when the bears KNEW the colts were gonna run, they couldn't stop them.
The Bears looked like a junior varsity team against the Colts.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even taking Grossman out of the equation, the Bears defense that was supposed to be SOOOO good, stunk up the place! The Colts should have had even more points. Urlacher looked lost out there, and he had NO help. The Colts jammed the ball down their throats. Even in the 4th quarter, when the bears KNEW the colts were gonna run, they couldn't stop them.

I disagree. the Bears defense got three takeaways. Any time you take the ball away three times, you should win the game. But if your QB is a complete idiot, well, how much more can a defense do? Grossman couldn't do anything, and that enabled the Colts offense to sit on the ball all day long. Bears get a takeaway, Grossman gives it right back. what more can you do if you're a defensive player? You did your job. it's a team effort, but the leader on the other side is mentally handicapped.

If this is offensive, it's because I just lost a lot of money. That was the Bears game to lose and Grossman lost it for them. I'm not angry at the Bears, they played well. The Colts were downright scared of Hester. I knew Hester was going to get one too. I was telling everyone that, and I told everyone Hester would make the difference in the game. Unfortunately, I failed to predict Grossman would be so horrible he'd cost the Bears the game.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Colts won more than the Bears lost, if that makes sense. The Colts secondary got two key picks and I think that made the difference. The Bears definitely didn't run the ball enough, IMHO. Grossman, well, that's another story. I was rooting for the Colts, but the Bears defense and special teams deserved to be there. The offense just couldn't get anything done.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Colts won more than the Bears lost, if that makes sense. The Colts secondary got two key picks and I think that made the difference. The Bears definitely didn't run the ball enough, IMHO. Grossman, well, that's another story. I was rooting for the Colts, but the Bears defense and special teams deserved to be there. The offense just couldn't get anything done.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

I disagree. the Bears defense got three takeaways. Any time you take the ball away three times, you should win the game. But if your QB is a complete idiot, well, how much more can a defense do? Grossman couldn't do anything, and that enabled the Colts offense to sit on the ball all day long. Bears get a takeaway, Grossman gives it right back. what more can you do if you're a defensive player? You did your job. it's a team effort, but the leader on the other side is mentally handicapped.

If this is offensive, it's because I just lost a lot of money. That was the Bears game to lose and Grossman lost it for them. I'm not angry at the Bears, they played well. The Colts were downright scared of Hester. I knew Hester was going to get one too. I was telling everyone that, and I told everyone Hester would make the difference in the game. Unfortunately, I failed to predict Grossman would be so horrible he'd cost the Bears the game.
Yes, the Bears D did get 3 takeaways, but when it was still close and the game was on the line, still winable for the Bears, the Colts ran the ball down their throats. A great D would have been able to stop that. They couldn't.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:

Yes, the Bears D did get 3 takeaways, but when it was still close and the game was on the line, still winable for the Bears, the Colts ran the ball down their throats. A great D would have been able to stop that. They couldn't.

I disagree with you, Cheesey. The Offense did nothing to help the defense. Yes, there were some key times that the D did not get off the field. However, I still think that the Bears Defense is a top 2 or 3 in the league. Next year, hopefully they can replace Briggs and stay at the top.

Members online

Latest posts