CBA Extended

Reaction score
Damn, although I'm happy it got done, this isn't good for the Packers.

First of all, Free Agency is moved back one more week. Good thing, as it gives Brett more time to decide.

But the bad part, well teams now have EXTRA cap space (still not sure how much more), and it's unlikly there will be as many quality FA's on the market now. Plus, more teams have decent cap room to pursue players, so more competition.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bright side is that the Packers have about $35mil or so to spend. Friday will see Minny start signing guys like mad while the Packers will go bargain hunting. TT MIGHT take a shot at a bigger name like Koren Robinson but won't get him because the Vikes will ink him early Friday. I believe TT WILL however ink one (1) big name but the rest, Maybe as many as three (3) will be middle tier guys. Pretty much nothing to get excited about. TT will depend on the draft to really start building the team.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
The bright side is that the Packers have about $35mil or so to spend. Friday will see Minny start signing guys like mad while the Packers will go bargain hunting. TT MIGHT take a shot at a bigger name like Koren Robinson but won't get him because the Vikes will ink him early Friday. I believe TT WILL however ink one (1) big name but the rest, Maybe as many as three (3) will be middle tier guys. Pretty much nothing to get excited about. TT will depend on the draft to really start building the team.

Man, I hope yer right - I'd like to see TT go after a good, no.. a great Left Guard - spend the money right, the first time. And, get a good backup Center, too. If he does either of these in the next week, look for Favre to be at the podium, the day after that.

I'm just glad the whole screwup is over (thanks, Jerry jones) and we can get on with life as we now know it. My fishin' gear is still in the garage where I can get to it, just the same... Summer AND winter....

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See but look at New England they built a team of hard working middle tier guys and won 3 championships you cant want all big names.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like a puzzle.......you have to figure out which pieces you need to complete it. The Packers have LOTS of money to spend. If they do it right, they should be GREAT this coming year.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, you ain't akiddin'.... what is it - like - $31million, or so -- WOW !

Ol' Mike Sherman is sittin' on the outside, too (whew).....

I have three places (maybe four) where I think we should go first.....

• 1. Left Guard - Free Agency - get a STUD, who's just been in for about 3 years; lock him down for at least 3-4 years, heavily laden on incentives, moreso than guaranteed money

2. Left-side DE - opposite KGB - meaning Mario Williams (somehow)

3. Center - time for Flanny to sit down and maybe be an Assistant Coach -- it was a great ride, but it's time to put yer feet up, Mikey! Thanks for the memories, der buddy!

4. STUD linebacker.... 'nuff said!

Knowing TT - I would say there'll still be cash left in da bank for that huge Cheesehead party when we win it all.... :!:

Members online

Latest posts