Broncos are shopping Aqib Talib.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to go after him. Need a top tier corner again, it’s time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would love to go after him. Need a top tier corner again, it’s time.

Talib is definitely an intriguing player but at age 32 it's questionable he will be able to perform at an elite level much longer.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, but I don't mind spending on a 1 year contract, even pay a bit premium.

I guess the Broncos are possibly interested in trading Talib, a move that would result in the Packers having to absorb his current deal which runs for another two seasons at $11 million in 2018 as well as $8 million in '19.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll probably cut him, no point in trading for him.

It's not a talent issue, it's a "he's a terrible person" issue.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He’s 32 and one of the biggest pieces of trash in the league.

Hard. Pass.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I don't think he would want to play for us cause we don't play against Crabtree next year and he wouldn't have any gold chains to rip.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we not learn anything from last years big free agent signing? Don't take bad character players. Isn't this the cat that punched out his mom in the driveway years ago?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we not learn anything from last years big free agent signing? Don't take bad character players. Isn't this the cat that punched out his mom in the driveway years ago?
I recall where he pulled a gun and shot at someone. If he was a better aim, he would still be in prison.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll probably cut him, no point in trading for him.

It's not a talent issue, it's a "he's a terrible person" issue.

Yeah sometimes you need some terrible people to win the super bowl. But I agree I would not trade for him. If you could sign him for 2 years 15 million you'd have to seriously think about it.

Reaction score
I don't want anyone that becomes a locker room distraction, cancer or whatever you want to label him. We can do this the right way and be smart about it. We deserve both, a talented guy that also has a good head on his shoulders.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah sometimes you need some terrible people to win the super bowl. But I agree I would not trade for him. If you could sign him for 2 years 15 million you'd have to seriously think about it.

I'm not convinced that's true, especially when talking about a 32-year old cornerback who could regress rapidly.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you saying he's too old at age 32, the Packers used to have this guy named Woodson that was pretty good. Darrell Green made the Pro Bowl when he was 37 and played into his 40's.

That said, he's a thug and I'd really hate to see the crime rate spike in Green Bay just because he might be able to play football. So... no!

D

Deleted member 6794

For those of you saying he's too old at age 32, the Packers used to have this guy named Woodson that was pretty good. Darrell Green made the Pro Bowl when he was 37 and played into his 40's.

The guys you mentioned are exceptions to the rule though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys you mentioned are exceptions to the rule though.
And a good GM is able to recognize those exceptions. To simply make a blanket statement that a 32 year old is automatically "too old" ignores them completely.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
No way Jose... he's a bit old and I feel he will be another Martellus Bennett.

D

Deleted member 6794

And a good GM is able to recognize those exceptions. To simply make a blanket statement that a 32 year old is automatically "too old" ignores them completely.

It's possible Talib continues to perform at high level for another few years but a good GM has to consider the possibility of him regressing pretty fast as well.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talib is a baller, and while his personality isn't great, he is currently one of the best at his craft. For a 1-2 year signing, we can draft to shore up the front 7 and hopefully make a run. I'm tired of drafting DBs, let's grab some proven talent.

Members online

Latest posts