1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brett Retiring and more Javon talk from JSOnline.com

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/sep05/356819.asp

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    [/quote]

yeah a big part of that trouble is how Carolina and John Fox has team chemistry, and guys are willing to step in and step up for injured teammates, remember how desparate the panthers were last season...everyone was hurt it seemed, but they kept on plugging away

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    That's because John Fox is a "MOTIVATOR"..and also a good coach...

Man, I would love to see him in Green Bay....

4. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pack 66 what you can see in GB is Sherman and he looked patethic today at the press conference... This guy is driving Brett towards retirement in a bad moment and bad and sad situation.... Anyway Brett will never be forgotten and Shermy will soon be forgoten but maybe he will never be forgiven for making Favre loose his last years..

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree Sherman is at fault, but not 100% at fault.

6. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If it makes it easier for everyone to lump the blame on Sherm, then that's fine...

But I put it on the offense. Namely, Brett.

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, the player that deserves the most blame in last weeks game (and maybe both loses) is Favre.

Last week...*sighs* I just wish Brett would realize that marching the team down the field, getting to the 20, and then throwing up jump balls in the corner of the end zone is exactly what we can't do anymore...

A new mindset must be drilled in on offense, and that's "slow and easy." Use the short pass, throw to Green out of the backfield, use Fergy within ten yards, stick with the passes to good ol' reliable Henderson, run green between the tackles, just don't put yourself in a position to come away with nothing. Sure, an occational medium range Driver toss to keep teams honest it fine...But the focus should be on maintaining the football.

The defense has done enough to win, in both games. I'm quite frankly a little more than pleasently surprised...They've done all I've asked of them...Which is give us a chance to win, as long as the offense plays half as good as their capable too, and doesn't flat out cost us the game with turnovers.

The lions game...Run the damn ball into the end zone, Brett!

I instantly gave Brett a pass against the vikings, even though I was shocked he didn't take one for the team...I couldn't believe my eyes.

Then he doesn't run it in against the lions, on a run where its questionable if he'll even be touched...

Then CLE comes along, and he tries to flip to Fergy...Given, I see the logic in this play...If Fergy was thinking with Brett, it would have been a dandy...

But you gotta think...At that point...With all the frustrations the Pack has gone though in the first game and change...Barrell it in...FAVRE IT IN, with his trademark gusto!

Lower your head and put a charge into Lambeau, and this Pack team!

The Pack need to come out with a new mindset on O.

And it's contradictory to the old: "Brett will always take chances," bit. No. An old dog can and must learn a new trick...

Slow and steady.

Mistake free. Penalties to a minimum.

O and D.

Gut it out.

Stick to the plan, and...

Win, as a team.

Just MHO.

7. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree. The Packers lost the Super Bowl to the Broncos because Elway wanted it more than Favre did.
    Everyone keeps saying that Favre is not in it for the money and his only motivation is to win another title. I say prove it! These are not preseason games that he is pulling this stuff in. These are real live games that count including the playoffs.
    Maybe I am spoiled after seeing Walter Payton's career, but why is Favre not playing every game as if it were his last?
    If he is not willing to dive a couple of yards or take a hit for his team, then what the hell is he really out there for? The current reminder of Reggie Whites approach to the game is in stark contrast to the one that Favre seems to have embraced.