Brett on Koren Robinson

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give Favre credit for that. Support is crucial

What K-Rob needs to do, is to concentrate 100% on his recovery. But that is only possible if he really wants it, and wants it so much that it is his #1 priority. Without recovery, nothing else is possible, no football, no family life, nothing.
People can help him, but it really boils down to his desire to get better, and return to what life is supposed to be. He has to step up, face the truth, and make amends. Only then can he get better

I know........ I have been there.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett is completely justified in saying what he said about the league. This is a flaw in the system. When this policy was enacted it regarded steriod usage not alcoholism, and you do want the steriod user away from the team for the year. However, Koren needs a support system and routine in his daily life. You can't allow an alcoholic to have all this free time, there is a very good chance that Koren slips up. (I hope I wrong) Good luck to you Koren, and the league needs to fix this flaw. Let him practice, let him work out with th guys, let him go into meeting. Punish him by not paying him and not allowing him to play in the game.

OP
OP
P

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Brett,

If anyone knows what is needed to help turn someone's life around when they are going through a substance abuse issue; it is Brett and if there is a player out there that is big enough that the NFL will have to take notice of; it is also Brett,

Cheers for standing up for your team mate Brett :thumbsup:

Brett is in a unique position. He is the face of the NFL and anything that he says hits every sportscast. If any player could cause the NFL to revisit the decision and consider the need for the support of the teammates (it is a "team" after all.), It would be Brett.
If his words could result in a change in the policy and change the direction of K-Rob's life, ultimately, that means more than all the records that he may break playing a game.