Brad Childress to interview with Dolphins

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Brad Childress could choose to sit out the 2011 season and collect a sizable paycheck from the Vikings.* Like many football coaches, he’d rather get back to work even if its essentially working for free. Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Childress will interview with the Dolphins about their open offensive coordinator position.*…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
3 Million to sit back and relax??

I've never coached (professionally!) , so I don't understand the need to do it,...but I would choose the time off and collecting the paycheck! hands down!
:beach:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd laugh my tail off if Chilly took the Vikings all the way to the AFC championship next year. It would prove the problem was within the Vikings all along and not with Chilly.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL!! that would be something! I'm sure you meant Miami,..but that would be an absoulte dagger there!

Now if he thought he could....then the beach could wait! LOL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 Million to sit back and relax??

I've never coached (professionally!) , so I don't understand the need to do it,...but I would choose the time off and collecting the paycheck! hands down!
:beach:

The thinking is if he sits out for a year or 2 that his name wont be out there to get a coaching job. But if he stays in the limelight he has a chance at another HC job. His results on the field were excellent up until this year, and the team was much better off when he left than when he got there. All he has to do is blame the ownership for forcing brett on him and he should be able to get an owner to listen to him.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He'll get his 3 million whether he works or not. I believe whatever the Dolphins pay him would be deducted from his Ziggy check.

Why would anyone hire this guy to run an offense? I think he might be pretty good as the sideline control coach, but not much else.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
God, I will feel sorry for the Dolphin fans if they hire Brad "Bozo" Childress. He has ZERO imagination when it comes to calling offense. You'd be better off with a chain-smoking chimpanzee with a bad Ritalin habit. So, here you go Dolphin fans, a rusty flat head screwdriver to give yourself a root canal to take your mind off your soon-to-be anemic offensive game plan. May God have mercy on your souls...

~Val

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Didn't he win a couple of Rose Bowls for Wisconsin as the OC? Granted, that was college where I can see him. He seems more like a college coach, not a NFL level coach to me.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
He worked under Barry Alvarez (current AD at UW). Alvarez called the plays. Childress did most of the sideline prep getting offensive sets ready and helping with the substitution of players. Childress tried his hand at play-calling and had those responsibilities ****** after blowing a game against hated rival, Michigan. Childress would be hard pressed to change a diaper, much less properly coach a football team.

The Vikings won last season due in part of the talent on the team and the unexpected play of Favre. Childress rode that talent to the NFC Championship and didn't make much for adjustments at halftime to halt the steady rush of the Saints. Favre paid the price for his incompetence... made me happy. I may be a Vikings fan, but I've never cared for the Waffle'n Favre Merry-go-round. I always respected his abilities as a gunslinger with intangibles, but hated the fact he was so damned fickle. Anyway, I digressed from the topic.

Alvarez won those Rose Bowls with his superior coaching skills and on the backs of Ron Dayne, Chris McIntosh, Mark Tauscher, and Aaron Gibson. Childress was a glorified ballboy with a title.

Man, I am feeling the hate today... sorry about being so venomous about Childress... no, wait, I'm not. lol

~Val

Didn't he win a couple of Rose Bowls for Wisconsin as the OC? Granted, that was college where I can see him. He seems more like a college coach, not a NFL level coach to me.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You'd be better off with a chain-smoking chimpanzee with a bad Ritalin habit. So, here you go Dolphin fans, a rusty flat head screwdriver to give yourself a root canal to take your mind off your soon-to-be anemic offensive game plan.

excellent picture painting!!! LOL!!!:D

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, don't care. This thread was more of a free post thread to me. Childress or I guess "chilly" will probably be the head coach after they fire Tony Sparano mid way next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts