Bookman

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it true that this Leo Bookman runs a 4.20 on his 40 yard dash?

If he can catch as well he would be perfect for stretching the field :D

In March, Bookman broke the unofficial 40-yard dash record inside the Hutson Center. His first 40 was timed in 4.22, 4.24 and 4.25, and his second was timed in 4.19, 4.21 and 4.22. A few days later, Bookman said he ran 4.26 on grass for Kansas City.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakko: WR Leo Bookman will get his chance in mnicamps and training camp to see, if he can transfer his great track speed to the football field. Bookman has not had much experience in football . There have been some Track men who put their speed to good use on the NFL Field.

Most recently in Green Bay ,Bill Schroeder, from Sheboygan, Wi. , A 6' 2'' -198 pound WR, whose only college football experience was one year at University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, but was a very good college track runner . Bill Schroeder had some success with the Green Bay Packers from 1997 to 2001. Schroeder became a free agent and then left to play with the Detroit Lions for a short time, where he did not achieve same success, he had in Green BAy.

Schroeder's best year was 1999, when he 74 catches for 1,051 yards & 5 TDs,-- In 2000, Billy had 65 catches for 999 yards & 4 TDs ,-- in 2001 Schroeder, had 53 catches for 916 yards & 9 TDs.

Many years ago, WR Mercury Morris was another track speed burner who had success with the Miami Dolphins, becoming a wide receiver in the NFL.

Also years ago, The Dallas Cowboys had a WR receiver, who was a another fast track man. He was very successful in making the tranisition to NFL football. Can't think of his name right now. And There have been others.

Some Basket ball player players alsohave made the successful transiition to NFL football ,such as TE Gates of San Diego Chargers being the most recent one.

Good luck to Bookman and his attempt to make the Green Bay Packer roster, with the speed he has , He would indeed stretch the Field.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been trying to find other fast 40-times,

Ben Johnson ran a 4.36
Marviel Underwood ran a 4.38
Jerome Mathis ran a 4.32 (Parcell timed him to 4.26)

Leo Bookman could possibly be the fastest 40-yard dash runner in history.

Jerome Mathis is 5'11" and 177 lbs

Bookman is 6'2" and 212 lbs

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Hayes played at Dallas. Also, Cornell Green was a basketball player before becoming a DB at Dallas. One big flop was Renaldo Nehemiah with the 49ers in the 80's. ( for the record, Merc was a RB ).
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Jeez this guy is smoking.
Really! When I read his times I couldn't believe it. Supposedly, Deion Sanders ran the fastest ever 40 of like 4.25 or something from my recollection.
Hammer

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a huge reach..

Most track guys don't pan out in football..

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8) Sh-h-h-h! Let's keep this guy a secret and our fingers crossed. And let's also hope he can pick up the necessary football smarts to fit the Packer's scheme. With that kind of speed he'd leave every DB in the NFL in his dust!!!! If Green Bay is smart they'll have their receivers coach sleeping with this guy!!! LOL

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before we freak out and call him the next big threat for the Packers, we need to stop and realize that he is a track star, not a football star. If he CAN develope the football skills needed to play in the NFL, it would be great. BUT its a huge long shot.

*I thought I might add that he also was caught using performance enhancing drugs (and I think they suspended him or something) which may explain why a promising track star is trying to get in the NFL.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol don't blame him for using performance enhancing drugs, virtually every NFL player uses it because they don't have proper tests for it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big deal.. let em take roids... if they are dumb enough to destroy themselves for the money and fame... ill let em win games for me.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Da Bears went after a track star with very little success.
Willie Gault if I am not mistaking.
His best year was 83. 836 yards on 40 catches with 8 TD's

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
big deal.. let em take roids... if they are dumb enough to destroy themselves for the money and fame... ill let em win games for me.

Performance enhancing drugs don't always translate into steroids. In the case of a track athlete I would think it would be the stuff that brings more oxygen into the blood (whatever it's called).

Steroids assist in building tissue. Track stars aren't looking to bulk up.

OP
OP
G

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Gault ran a 4.06!
He was never more than a average WR in the NFL.

lol Gault didn't run a 4.06,

Bookmans time is the unofficial record, and if this Gault could run a 4.06 he would have been like half a second faster than ben johnson lol!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Packnic said:

Performance enhancing drugs don't always translate into steroids. In the case of a track athlete I would think it would be the stuff that brings more oxygen into the blood (whatever it's called).

Steroids assist in building tissue. Track stars aren't looking to bulk up.

Erythropoeitin. Here's a sports-related link in case anyone is interested. Not sure if it would be as suitable for an anaerobic event such as sprinting, but it is definitely an advantage for endurance athletes.
http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,3253 ... ory_id=441

Members online

Latest posts