Black on Black Crime?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else get douchechills when Donovan McNabb made the above statement on ESPN?

In November, responding to a question from Michael Irvin during an interview, Owens said Philadelphia would likely be in a better situation if Brett Favre was the quarterback instead of the banged-up McNabb.

"It was like, it's unreal," McNabb said. "That's like me going out and saying, `Hey, if we had Steve Largent. If we had Joe Jurevicius. It was definitely a slap in the face to me. It was a slap in the face because, as deep as people want to go into it, it was black-on-black crime."

On Wednesday, McNabb brought up some of the criticism he had taken through his career, and said Owens was simply piling on with his statement.

"It's different to say, 'If we had Michael Vick or Daunte Culpepper or Steve McNair or Byron Leftwich,'" McNabb said of four black starting quarterbacks. "But to go straight to Brett Favre, that kind of just slapped me in the face like, `Wow ..."'

WTF? McNabb is worse than Owens. I have always said he is all about McNabb. Did anybody else think race when Owens made his statement? Favre?...wait a minute he's white!!!!!

Black on black?????? crime?????????? Isn't he getting a little carried away?

If you remember about a month ago, the head of the NAACP in Philly accused McNabb of being an "uncle Tom" for not running with the football more (which in itself is ridiculous). I truly believe that this statement about Owens was planned by McNabb to show the African American population in Philly that he is no Uncle Tom. It has backfired badly on him. People around here can see right through this. T.O.'s statement had nothing to do with race and Donovan's statement just proved to everybody that he doesn't really understand the racial issues in this world. Maybe he really IS an Uncle Tom. Best case scenario......he's an idiot.

(the good news with this is that the eagles are done as long as Donovan is there, and he will be there awhile. Reid and Lawrie have hitched their wagon to him. The players will not follow him)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez....I guess it is only racism when it comes from the mouth of an ignorant white.

I have never been sold on McNabb...basically find him to be an above-average QB. Now I also know him to be a below-average human being.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a silly statement by McNabb, who seems to be getting paranoid.

But I don't see how anyone can say he's "worse than Owens." Bottom line: How many teammates and coaches has McNabb fought with over the years? Only one that I can think of: Terrell Owens. And how many teammates and coaches has Owens fought with? A whole bunch, and there will be more to come.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I read this article while at work. It really ****** me off for numerous reasons.

Donavan is a punk, flat out PUNK. Maybe because I read it at work I am not getting the right vibe on the guys comments, but anyone who plays the race card like him needs to **** and quit the *****ing.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
That was a silly statement by McNabb, who seems to be getting paranoid.

But I don't see how anyone can say he's "worse than Owens." Bottom line: How many teammates and coaches has McNabb fought with over the years? Only one that I can think of: Terrell Owens. And how many teammates and coaches has Owens fought with? A whole bunch, and there will be more to come.

Greg........T.O. is all about T.O. even more than Donovan, but as far as I know he has never tried to play the race card. Donovan's teammates are slowly turning on him. Maybe it was 50% T.O. and 50% McNabb. I would bet teams will look at T.O. a little more now. McNabb's big mouth probably helped T.O. get a better contract.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bill Cosby should run this forum because he's black, if Ryan was black then we'd have 100,000 registered users!

/sarcasm
DON IS A LAMER!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't just ME that found what McNabb said offensive. Now.....TO was on McNabb's back ALL SEASON, and McNabb never told him to shut up.....he put up with it. (Obviously now we know it's because TO is BLACK) Now, what if the wide receiver had been a WHITE guy???? I bet then, McNabb would have been in his face! It just shows that McNabb is racist himself. Race had NOTHING to do with it! TO knows Favre is a better QB then McNabb, and said so. Now, i don't think he was right in saying that out in the public, as that damaged his own team, but it NEVER was a RACE thing! I guess a black guy could do ANYTHING to McNabb and it would be acceptable to him......as long as it's not a WHITE guy!
That just made my opinion of McNabb drop even lower.........

I'll NEVER eat CHUNKY SOUP again!!! :wink:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was watching it & did a MAJOR double-take when he said that. man, talk about being over the top!! he sunk to a new low with those comments & it will come back to bite him in the butt with his team. he should have left it alone, let sleeping dogs lie, so to speak, take the high road, & kept his mouth shut. once things like that are said, they can't be taken back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last year when Freddie Mitchell was being talked about maybe coming to the Pack, Sports Radio 1250 had a longggg interview with him....

Question came up about Mcnabb and T.O, Freddie alluded that Mcnabb was a bigger problem in the locker room then what most people think..

I can not recall his exact quotes anymore, but I know he did not paint a good picture of how Mcnabb is in private..

But that could have been just Freddie being Freddie, so I am not sure how true it all was...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well LT......with what we just heard out of McNabb's own mouth.......i'd tend to believe Mitchell now.
Imagine.......if you were one of McNabb's WHITE teammates, how would that load of crap make you feel? They can't feel very good about a team leader who's own words have painted him to look like a racist.

Members online

Latest posts