Billy Cundiff RELEASED!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Rayner does have a stronger leg but never kicked in domes. I'm going to bet that Thompson brings in someone else. Perhaps Edinger.

Why the knock on not kicking in a dome? Wouldn't a dome be easier to adjust to than the winter climate?

ekk typo, brain freeze, stupidy... :oops:

He's only kicked in domes. Last year he was Indy's kick off guy.

Ahh okay. I should have assumed that, but I know 'ziltch' about Rayner lol

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
This move at THIS particular time semi shocks me.
Lets hope Teddy actually has a plan for this situation since Raynor doesn't appear to be THE guy.
Cundiff must have presented other issues causing him to be released at this time in camp.
I didn't really think Billy was THE guy either but I thought both him and Raynor would both stick until someone more serviceable became available to bring in. It would seem if they had to cut someone for the sake of numbers that there would have been other positions that are more solidified where they could have found that body..

If they have the opportunity to bring Huston in that would be interesting.

If neither Cundiff or Raynor is the guy, then why waste time with both of them?? Raynor is much younger and has more upside, which is exactly what TT looks for in FAs. TT tends to keep the young guys with potential over the veteran players with experience.

Back to the point, if neither guy is the answer, then it makes sense to give the one with the most potential the best chance right now. If he falls on his face with the opportunity, then we grab a promising kicker from good competition elsewhere in the league. If he does well, then keep him.

In the end it's no worse than relying on a battle between 2 kickers that when you don't believe that either one is good enough for the team.