Bills player spine injury

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo TE was taken into emergency surgery for a spine injury.

Scary. he went immedeately limp when he was hit.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched that hit on replay, man Kevin Everett went down and didn't move........Prayers for him.

"Kevin Everett had surgery Sunday evening, hours after the Buffalo Bills reserve tight end showed no signs of movement after sustaining a severe neck injury in the team's season opener against Denver.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he was informed by the team's medical staff the player went into surgery at a Buffalo hospital at about 8 p.m. Berchtold said he had no further information, and didn't know whether Everett had shown any signs of movement since he was driven off the field in an ambulance."

Link

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It was just on ESPN news... not good not good in any way shape or form... my prayers as well go out to him...

Sometimes we complain about the money these players make... but then you see this type of thing... and the money seems meaningless... one hit and your life could change drastically playing a game for the their and the fans entertainment...

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well hopefully this kid beats the odds...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/10/bc.fbn.bills.everetthur.ap/index.html

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- The Buffalo Bills' Kevin Everett sustained a "catastrophic" and life-threatening spinal-cord injury and his chances of regaining a full range of body motion are very small, an orthopedic surgeon said Monday.

"A best-case scenario is full recovery, but not likely," Dr. Andrew Cappuccino said, one day after performing a four-hour operation on the player. "I believe there will be some permanent neurological paralysis. ... A full neurological recovery was bleak, dismal."

Cappuccino noted the 25-year-old reserve tight end did have touch sensation throughout his body and also showed signs of movement.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang.......i hope the best for him. I hope he can regain alot of his movement. The fact that he IS at least having some feeling gives me hope for him.
If anyone sees any more on this, please keep us updated.
(Thanks Pack93z!)

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really sad that this happens. I am a Cardinals fan, and Juan Encarnacion got hit in the eye with a foul pitch, which could put him out for his career. Thoughts and prayers that Everett pulls through okay.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.....last i heard the kid is having some movement in his arms and legs! The doctors are alot more positive on his possibility of walking again!
He may be able to lead a somewhat normal life, which is GREAT news!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news!
He moved 3 fingers. I know for some people that doesn't sound like a big deal, but for those who know about these kind of injuries it is a big deal.
I'm going to pray for him tonight before going to sleep.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news!
He moved 3 fingers. I know for some people that doesn't sound like a big deal, but for those who know about these kind of injuries it is a big deal.
It's actually a HUGE deal!
I was so glad to hear the kid is improving. The more he improves now, the better his chances are of leading a somewhat normal life.
I'm really happy for him!
I heard he watched the Bills game in his hospital room with some people.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Good news!
I was so glad to hear the kid is improving. The more he improves now, the better his chances are of leading a somewhat normal life.

i don't really know why but whenever i think about him i just want to cry its such a sad thing to happen but for him to watch a bill's game with some people is.... i don't know what to say.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as much as we hate our rivals you could take the worst player on your most hated team and to wish anything less then good health on anyone is what's wrong with some fans. (While I'll admit if TO broke a leg I wouldn't worry to much) nobodys perfect

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Zombieslayer said:
Good news!

i don't really know why but whenever i think about him i just want to cry its such a sad thing to happen but for him to watch a bill's game with some people is.... i don't know what to say.
I agree with you and CDNfavrefan........you never want someone to get seriously hurt, even if it's a player you don't like.
But it made me think..........maybe they had him watching a Bills game for a reason. If anything would make him get up and walk, just to turn off the TV, that would do it! :wink:

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:
Good news!

I agree with you and CDNfavrefan........you never want someone to get seriously hurt, even if it's a player you don't like.
But it made me think..........maybe they had him watching a Bills game for a reason. If anything would make him get up and walk, just to turn off the TV, that would do it! :wink:

Yeah i hope that happens this weekend

Pack93z

Reaction score

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everett is the man!!! When they did an interview with him recently I was almost in tears. His progress is a modern day miracle of science. God bless him and his family.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Road Back - Kevin Everett

What an excellent story and overall a good read... amazing recovery!

The Road Back

Three months after a paralyzing spinal injury, the Buffalo tight end is making big strides thanks to aggressive medical care, his indomitable will -- and a gutty call by his surgeon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/magazine/12/11/everett1217/index.html?eref=T1

Good find, Pack.
So he's from Port Arthur? That's where Janis Joplin is from if I remember correctly.

Great to see him on his feet. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts