Badgers Women's Volleyball Tonight!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I watched both of the #1 ranked Badgers matches against 21st ranked Arkansas this weekend. Friday night was a really exciting match. Arkansas I believe set a home attendance record and came out flying. Badgers could have folded up, but they gritted out a 5 set win.

Saturday night the Badgers just dominated! The 2 portal transfers, Carter Booth and Temi Thomas-Ailara, are looking great. This team could go a long way, with another NCAA crown well within reason.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nebraska women's volleyball team set a world record for attendance at a women's sporting event last Wednesday. They opened their season in the football stadium in front of 92,003 spectators! Huskers were preseason ranked #5 behond Texas, Wisconsin, Stanford & Louisville.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nebraska women's volleyball team set a world record for attendance at a women's sporting event last Wednesday. They opened their season in the football stadium in front of 92,003 spectators! Huskers were preseason ranked #5 behond Texas, Wisconsin, Stanford & Louisville.
I heard they were doing that, just never heard the final #! That is awesome and it's about time that female athletes started getting some of the attention that they fully deserve. As I said, I watched both Matches against Arkansas, as well as the Badger Football game on Saturday. I enjoyed the 2 Volleyball matches more than the Football game. I feel the same way about Badger Women's Hockey. Now I have to admit, if both women's programs were struggling, maybe I wouldn't be as interested.

The Badger Womens Volleyball Team take on Marquette at the Fiserv on 9/13, it is already sold out. Go Bucky!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you missed Friday nights Match and want to be entertained, here is the entire Match. As one of the commentators said Saturday Night, "might have been the most exciting Match I have seen". Can only imagine the tension had this been an NCAA playoff game.

Keep an eye on Arkansas #10 Jillian Gillen...she is only 5' 7", but must have springs for legs.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Badgers could fill a lot of seats if they had a larger venue. It's too bad they only have a little over 7,200 seats in their barn.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Badgers could fill a lot of seats if they had a larger venue. It's too bad they only have a little over 7,200 seats in their barn.
Yup. Was at the "Fill the Bowl" match at the Kohl center last year, the place was hopping! Not sure they would fill it for every match, but if they continue to find success, which I think they will, definitely a bigger draw than the old barn can handle. I will say though, the fieldhouse is kind of their "home" and when that place is packed to the rafters, its daunting.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Was at the "Fill the Bowl" match at the Kohl center last year, the place was hopping! Not sure they would fill it for every match, but if they continue to find success, which I think they will, definitely a bigger draw than the old barn can handle. I will say though, the fieldhouse is kind of their "home" and when that place is packed to the rafters, its daunting.
I can remember going to basketball games all the way back in the 60s in the field house. Saw both state tournament, and the Badgers men play. In fact, one year I went to the state tournament, I watched every game in person. Loved it! That was back in the days when only 8 teams made the trip, regardless of size of school.