Aaron Rodgers on 60 Minutes tonight

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That was a good segment on 60 min. I bet those coaches that told him "good luck at an attempt to play college ball" are eating their words...lol

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder how Rodgers felt about the Pizza Hut commercial where the really short guy comes out and says he will play for Rodgers in the upcoming game. I bet they did that on purpose now that I think about it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I guess he gets upset at the same question coming up over and overfrom fans, but he needs to realize that 6'2" is not short for a QB. Brees, Wilson and a few others I'm sure are much shorter and they are pretty decent at what they do. Heck, doug flutie was basically a midget and he was pretty good.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess he gets upset at the same question coming up over and overfrom fans, but he needs to realize that 6'2" is not short for a QB. Brees, Wilson and a few others I'm sure are much shorter and they are pretty decent at what they do. Heck, doug flutie was basically a midget and he was pretty good.

Drew Brees is barely 6'0, Mike Vick is 5'10 and Doug Flutie was just over 5'9. Arod ar 6'2 is not short. I think folks just mistake him for being small because he seems to not have large legs and he can run.

I think Arod is going to be a better QB because of the early season struggles this year. I still think you guys have a great shot at winning your division but doggone it, I didn't expect Chicago Bears to have such a brutally primitave defense this year. Also, Jay Cutler looks like he ate some Joe Montana vitamins recently and they are going to be hard to beat.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Height was raised a lot during the draft, as Rodgers was considerably shorter than Alex Smith.

But 6 foot 2 is pretty normal for QBs. Favre and Steve Young are that height.

And he looks pretty tall compared to other legendary QBs.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the 60 minutes piece, and I really liked it. It was very...organic. It did a good job of showing Rodgers as a regular Joe from small town, CA. It showed the unwavering LOVE that we Packer fans have for our team.

Even though I am from wayyyyy out here in Chico, CA I know who Beatrice is. She seems like a very wonderful lady. In addition to the friends that I have made here on this board, if I ever make it out to Green Bay for a game I would love to meet her.

I did learn one thing from that piece they did: Rodgers still keeps some of his rejection letters. I didn't know that, but again, knowing that now I think it makes me appreciate him even more so. I love that he says "It reminds me of where I cam from, and my journey." I think that kind of thinking is what keeps him so humble.

The one thing that rubbed me the wrong way about that segment was when it showed Aaron in Milwaukee doing a meet and greet. The narrator said something like "You can see how much he loves that." in a kind of sarcastic tone. Aaron is a shy guy, that is just how it is. I think he appreciates his fans very very much. Cameras and "strangers" can make just about anyone nervous.

Also, when they talked about the Favre - Rodgers transition and talked about how people were so negative to him. Aaron showed SO MUCH strength and professionalism during that whole ordeal. They even showed a clip of a guy who said "I have been a Packers fan all my life, but my allegiance is completely to Favre." Well, I can 110% honestly say that back in 2008 when all that was going down I was never against Rodgers being the starter (and no, just because he is from my home town.) Favre had been my hero, my QB practically all my life but I knew he was wrong for trying to "change his mind" and come back and TAKE "his" position back. I applauded TT for sticking to his guns. My father-in-law can testify to that. Now, I am not saying that I didn't want Favre to end his career in Green Bay. I am not saying that I didn't want him to have gone to the Super Bowl in '07 and then retire. Of course I wanted it to be cleaner and nicer. Everyone does, I think. I have been an Aaron Rodgers supporter since the beginning. Then the first game of the 2008 season happened and I knew that we were going to have another 20-year QB. We are so lucky in that respect. Not too many people cans say that over the last 25 years they have had 2 QBs.

T for Texas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't like it at all. I don't believe you have to go quite that far to demonstrate that a dude plays with a chip on his shoulder. Leaving out his charity efforts and the prankster side of his personality means America didn't get to see a well-rounded view of who has to be one of the most clean-cut players in the League - a player all NFL fans could be proud of. Instead, he came across as prickly and overly sensitive, when the truth is that he just plays things a little closer to the vest than most.

Members online

Latest posts