Aaron Kampman Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Month

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
congrats aaron no one deserves it more, the guys a lombardi type player in this orginazation, def. a throwback

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Kampman get the most sacks in a season record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 22 Is the mark your getting atleast 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Kampman get the most sacks in a season record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 22 Is the mark your getting atleast 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be ironic if Kampman got 21.5 sacks this year? Anyone care to explain the irony????

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Wouldnt it be ironic if Kampman got 21.5 sacks this year? Anyone care to explain the irony????

Anyone?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
PackerLegend said:

Anyone?

Prove Brett laid down for that 1/2 sack :p

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
4thand26 said:
PackerLegend said:

Anyone?

Prehaps if Brett has the Packers up by 21 in the fourth quarter at home on Dec 30th... Against the Lions... John Kitna will lay down for Aaron as a show of respect for Brett. :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy to see Kampman getting some credit. A defining play for this guy was the reverse pass attempt by Brandon Marshall. Kampman missed him about 3 or 4 times on that play and still sacked him for a 3 yard loss. He kept going which is what makes him great.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, almost as defining as when he was grappling with that d-lineman and at the same time grabbing cutler to sack him.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Kampman is one of the big reasons why the Packer defense is having a good '07 season and the Packers are 6-1 right now, despite not having a great running attack. If you knowledgeable Packer fans remember, Aaron Kampmann is 5a '02 Draft Choice.

I seem to remember that many fans were complaining that Aaron was good defending the run in his first years with the Packers, but was a liability at rushing the Passer in those early years . Could it be that Kampman has worked hard, learn how to be a defensive end in the NFL and gained this knowledge by his 6th year in NFL?

There are many stories in NFL of NFL players taking time to become good, great or excellent players in the NFL through hard work and experience in the NFL.

One great example in 17th round 1956 draft choice QB Bart Starr, who didn't take over the Packer QB position (full time) until the 3 rd game of 1960 Season.. And he Quarterbacked the Lombardi Glory years Packer teams of the 1960's to 5 NFL Championships in 8 years on "The TEAM " of the 1960's .

Another prime example is is Donald Driver who was a 7b round 1999 Draft Choice from little Alcorn State and he took 3 years to become a excellent Wr in NFL. Driver caught 13 catches in his 3rd year in NFL for 193 yards and 1 TD in 2001 but in 2002 , his 4th year in NFL ,Driver caught 70 passes for 1,084 yards and 7 TDs.

You just never know Rookie draft choice will do in NFL and how long it will take him to do it.

I

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read somewhere that 32 of the Packers roster were drafted beyond the 5th round or didnt get drafted at all. Thats amazing i think and a credit to the determination and honesty of the players. If you look at the roster we dont have an awful lot of USC, Texas, Michigan, Miami etc guys but yet they still succeed.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
4thand26 said:
PackerLegend said:

Anyone?

Brett would be paying out on a lawsuit in a civil court...probably not in a criminal court. But then again, OJ got out of his criminal case also.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
4thand26 said:
4thand26 said:
PackerLegend said:

Anyone?

Brett would be paying out on a lawsuit in a civil court...probably not in a criminal court. But then again, OJ got out of his criminal case also.

you just didnt say Brett and OJ in the same sentence?!

how far have the mighty have fallen to go that low :p

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with his sack today..kampman is now in first place in sacks 9.0..... in the nfl...... this guy is a workhorse im so glad we have him on our team

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with his sack today..kampman is now in first place in sacks 9.0..... in the nfl...... this guy is a workhorse im so glad we have him on our team

Thanks for the update. That's awesome! :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Kampman is one of the big reasons why the Packer defense is having a good '07 season and the Packers are 6-1 right now, despite not having a great running attack. If you knowledgeable Packer fans remember, Aaron Kampmann is 5a '02 Draft Choice.

I seem to remember that many fans were complaining that Aaron was good defending the run in his first years with the Packers, but was a liability at rushing the Passer in those early years .

Heh. I was one of those people. I was saying that Kampman should play 1st and 2nd downs and KGB should play 3rd or obvious passing downs. So glad I was wrong. :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into this game all you heard was Jared Allen and how he was going to dominate the Packers today and Favre would be running for his life. Now he played well but it was Kampman who got a sack and in my opinion was more dominate on this day.

Then again it's what we've come to expect from this under that radar player.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into this game all you heard was Jared Allen and how he was going to dominate the Packers today and Favre would be running for his life. Now he played well but it was Kampman who got a sack and in my opinion was more dominate on this day.

He beat allen by a half a sack....lol allen had 1/2 sack :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

He beat allen by a half a sack....lol allen had 1/2 sack :)

I wasn't just talking about sacks. Kampman had quite a few QB hurries today and stuffed LJ once or twice too.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking at Kampmans numbers....if he continues playing like this, id say hes in serious consideration for NFL defensive player of the year

Latest posts