a little stat for all TT haters

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
did you know that 17 of the 22 starters on the SB champions steelers were from the draft?

You could look at the Patriots and Bucs as well and you'd see the same stat I bet.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep. New england does it the same way.

They also draft intelligent players, which the pack does now.

They also draft quality character players, which the pack does now.

Modeling your team after NE\Pitt just makes sense.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
So now TT is responsible for the Steelers roster? WOW he's better than I thought!

He's running the same philosphy that build Championship teams. Instead of the Dan Snyder philosphy which is try and buy and championship something that he just continues to fail with.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is that all the TT haters hate on him because of free agency and because he wants to build through the draft, come on you are smart enough to know that is what gopack was saying.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
DePack said:
So now TT is responsible for the Steelers roster? WOW he's better than I thought!

He's running the same philosphy that build Championship teams. Instead of the Dan Snyder philosphy which is try and buy and championship something that he just continues to fail with.
:agree:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
The point is that all the TT haters hate on him because of free agency and because he wants to build through the draft, come on you are smart enough to know that is what gopack was saying.

I know that's what he thinking and I know that he wants TT to buy a Championship for Favre which cannot be done.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:

I thought we had a great free agency period? 3 of the top 20 free agents.

I think it's a combination of both. Overall I think he did alright on both but only time will tell.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

Well, a view from the 'other side', the Dan Snyder approach has worked for the Yankees. Perhaps the MLB works different.

I do agree with building through the draft instead of other teams unwanteds.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some will say cuz we didnt get hutchinson, lavar, moulds or TO our free agency sucks. i myself thought it was solid.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tromadz said:
porky88 said:
DePack said:

Well, a view from the 'other side', the Dan Snyder approach has worked for the Yankees. Perhaps the MLB works different.

I do agree with building through the draft instead of other teams unwanteds.

MLB is way different than the NFL. There's no salary cap which allows teams to keep spending and spending. NFL doesn't allow that. If the bargain agreement wouldn't of gone through, then by 07 the spending on free agents would of worked. Teams like Seattte, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Washington would dominate the NFL.

Teams like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, and probably us to would be a lot of trouble

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
DePack said:

If you can't say something nice...

Read my other posts. I think we did pretty good in the draft and free agency. I just don't think Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl had anything to do with TT, which is what the threads title hints at.

Why are you guys so defensive?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also baseball allows for much more individualism. Football alot of it depends on the system being used and teamwork and the such. Baseball, it doesn't really change from team to team.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Also baseball allows for much more individualism. Football alot of it depends on the system being used and teamwork and the such. Baseball, it doesn't really change from team to team.

Exactly.. Football has more parity than any sport in America maybe the world.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:

Agreed, football is the ultimate team sport. I love baseball but it is more about individuals.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would also never see a mustache like this in the NFL.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I love football. :D

BTW, nice avatar SuperRat!

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think TT did fine in Free Agency and the Draft. He didn't overpay for free agents, and he managed to up his draft pick count to get more players in here to compete. You can't ask for much more. Hopefully, a few of them will work out and become Packers.

Members online

Latest posts