A Hello from a German Packers Fan

HenrikGKing

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Guys and I'm happy to be here!

I live in Hamburg, Germany and have been a Packersfan for nearly 10 years now. In September 2001 I had the pleasure of visiting my first game in Green bay and I already look forward to my next trip which will propably be next year.

It's of course harder over here to follow everything around NFL and the Packers. we don't have ESPN, FOX Sports or NFL Network for that matter...so all I can do is read many webpages and during season I get to see about 4-5 games live broadcasted on pay-TV.

I use boards like yours to get my inside information but often have the feeling I can contibute as much, as all your knowledge is far superior and mor up to date than mine.

However..I hope to be part of this forum-community and look forward to get to know all of you.

Go Pack Go!!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome aboard HenrikGKing glad you found us. I remember while I was stationed in Bosnia in '97 on our satellite we used to get NFL games played on German stations in the game in an hour format. All you saw was the plays and nothing more. Do you guys still get that? I remember staying up late on Sundays just to be able to watch the games, while I was over there as the German stations were the only NFL we got. I didn't know what the commentators were saying but hey that was better than listening to John Madden. I look forward to reading you opinions on the team.

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HenrikGKing glad to have you on the site! Hope it helps get some Packers news to you over there!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HenrikGKing--A big Packer fan welcome from a long time Packer fan in DePere, Wi. located 5 miles from Lambeau Field. We, in Green Bay always like to ask a person from overseas why they decided to become a Green Bay Packer fan? We will keep you informed about the Green Bay Packers on this Packer Forum. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Green Bay & your first game at Lambeau Field in 2001.If you have any questions about the Green Bay Packers. Please free to ask. I and the rest of the Packer Fan on this Packer Forum will do our best to answer them. Look forward to your postings!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
velcome Henrik...

if you have internet access then i think you have the inside track. you'll also be glad to know that even though you're on another continent you've been to one more game than me!! cherish it!

OP
OP
H

HenrikGKing

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...it's nice to be welcomed :)

leoparmech: so you know how it is to stay up all night to get to see the games. Things hace changed a bit since 1997. We have a pay-TV channel that shows 3 games a week live..with the option to listen to original commentators...so on monday night I do get to hear John Madden :eek:

But of course it means I always i have to hope for them to show tha Packers..which they usualy do 4-5 times a season..and of course I get to see all monday night games...they are on here at 3 in the morning :oops:

If they don't show the games I listen to Wayne and Larry on Packers Radio Network...just love those guys!! (And yes...may wife is very understanding! :D )

Anyway..i look forward to be posting with all of you...

Cheers!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HenrickGKing- In case the Information hasn't been received by you. Monday night foot ball will feature the Green Bay Packers on Oct 3 against the Panthers at Carolina--Nov 21 against the Minnestoa Vikings at Lambeau Field--Dec 19 against the Baltimore Ravens at Baltimore plus on ESPN Dec 11 agaist the Detriot Lions at lambeau Field. I believe that is the maximum exposure that N.F.L. allows it member teams to have national/internationally. Green Bay Packers alway draw top ratings on Monday Night Football & ESPN and of coarse, draw the highest rating of any programing in Wisconsin. Just about every T.V. set in Green BAy is viewing the Packer game. It is a great service to packer fans on www that the Packer radio network play by play with Wayne Larrive and Larry McCarren is carried . They are very knowledgable concerning the Packers, more so than the National network people. Larry is out at Packer minicamps, summer training camp, and practices everyday. I saw him out at the minicamp sessions, and Larry was packer center for many years .Since his retirement, Larry is the sportsperson for CBS-TV 5 in Green Bay, and a very good one.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HenrikGKing, welcome to our forum. You will find it is a very good one. There are a lot of good posters here, many of which just came from another good site that was closed down because of the sale of the newspaper that sponsored it. So you will be able to get a lot of good Packer information here.

It is always great to have international Packer fans. You contribute just by being here. I'm sure posters here would be glad to get any iformation you desire, if it is possible.
:welcome:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HenrikGKing glad to hear you get to watch a few games. I am lucky here in Canada because we have NFL Sunday Ticket for even cheaper than it is in the States. I never have to miss a game unless the army has me deployed somewhere which doesn't happen a lot in the job I am in now.

Later
Leopardmech

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
I am lucky here in Canada because we have NFL Sunday Ticket for even cheaper than it is in the States.

damn you.

those bastids raised the price again this year...so even with the repeat cutomer discount, it's the same as i paid last year. thanks a bunch Ticket!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We pay $24.95 (Canadian) so about $20.00 for what they call the Super Sports Pack it gives you all the MLB,NHL,Nascar Races and the Sunday Tickey. I usually just sign up for the 4 month minimum each year around the Football season.

Later
Leopardmech

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopard, with the money you save you could come down and see a game a Lambeau to help our economy keep going. :wink:
:beersign:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopard, with the money you save you could come down and see a game a Lambeau to help our economy keep going.
I have been to one and plan on coming to many more. And as your post says :beersign: I will bring you some cold Canadian.

Later
Leopardmech

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We, in Green Bay Area have to pay a 1/2 percent Brown County Sales tax to pay for the $195M Renovation of Lambeau Field (which I am proud to to do, it is worth it) until the renovation of Lambeau Field is paid off.Plus season ticket holders paid $1400 (once only) per Packer ticket user fee, however is refundable if one ever sells his or her season tickets.. . Thought might want to inform you of this, and maybe you would feel a little better about the price you pay to get the Packer games on Sunday.. However Packer games on TV are free here , our local T.V. stations carry the games!! Now, I suppose that doesn't make you feel any better about the price of N.F.L. Sunday ticket . I tried!! packertraxx is right, come to Green Bay help the smallest major league franchise city out. Everything you spend at Lambeau Field goes into the operations of the Green Bay Packers, we have no rich owner in Green Bay. Packers a are community team owned since 1922. And if you are a pro football fan , especially a Green Bay Packer fan, you will have a great time here in Green Bay. There is no N,F.L. city like Green Bay during summer training camp in late July and August and during Packer home game weekends. Oh yes Wisconsin is a great place to vacation in, especially during the summer. As Packertraxx said "Help our economy, keep going"

Members online

Latest posts