1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

5 burning questions about Favre's return

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jakest3r, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2752082

2. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    On the subject of the Packers being a contender in 2007 I would have to agree with Ron Jaworski right now.

It all depends on how Ted Thompson handles the personnel in the off season. This is a definate crossroad year for TT.

3. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this read thanks!! I love the part where Ron Jaworski says: My approach is very simple: Play the game until they drag you off the field. Leave no regrets on the field...I hope that is what Brett is going to do..

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as being contenders next year, I agree with what all three of them said. I don't think winning the division is that far off, but as far as making a difference in the playoffs I'm not so sure. With such a young team, not having that experience can hinder a great playoff run, but I'd love to be wrong. Hopefully we'll make some good off season moves and pick up some proven players. The secondary is definitely a problem. So is TE. I love Bubba, but we need some improvement at TE.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i think an improvement in the offensive line will result in better stats for the TE. i know we had lots of drops and screwed up routes from the TE's this season, but i think alot of that had to do with how much help the TE had to give the O line. With a full year under their belts, hopefully the offensive line is capable of protecting Favre well enough that the TE can once again get out there and run some routes, cause some problems for the defense.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's good to hear some national football writers talk about the Packers as an up-and-coming team. I'm more in agreement with Jaworski, that they won't actually be a contender next year, but they should have a good chance to make the playoffs and hopefully beat some good teams along the way. But who knows? Sometimes things come together more quickly than expected. They could get on a roll and take the league by storm, like the Saints and Ravens did this past season.

7. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally, Sean Salisbury says something right!!

"I wasn't a great player"

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The Packers weren't contenders this year, but they got better. For the Pack to contend next year, they need to fill the following holes:
    Wide Receiver -- you have to have more than one wide receiver who can get open and catch the ball
    Tight End -- not many teams win without a tight being able to catch the ball
    Offensive Line -- this line grew by leaps and bounds, but they still have a long way to go. I still think we need to pick up some players in the line
    Running Back -- Ahman had a great season, the depth behind looks ok, but only ok.
    Defense
    Line -- they need a dominant defensive lineman that can continuously put pressure on the QB and still stop the run
    Linebackers -- these guys can be great.
    Corners -- I love the starting corners, but there is absolutely nothing behind them
    Safeties -- I think this is a weak spot on this team
    Special Teams -- great special teams come from having great back up talent. The better the depth the better the special teams will be.

It is possible to fill those holes this year. We've got the cash so we can afford to get some free agents and we have to finish it off with a strong draft and locking up our younger talent to good contracts.

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can analyze all people want but with the knew modern NFL who can't be a contender next year (other then the Lions) Especially in the NFC it's not a far reach to get to the top. Afetr that it's a one game shot that you never know what happens. So even though I'd say we got a way to go New Orleans proved that anyone has a chance (other then the Lions)

10. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Weren't the Bears the youngest team in the NFL in 2004? They went 5-11 then won the division in 2005 and are now in the SuperBowl.

This year, the Packers were the youngest team and the Titans were secod youngest. Both finished the season strong and ended up at 8-8. I would rather have a young team that can learn and adapt than have a team that is old and broken down.