3 plays killed the Packers

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bostick play did not kill the Packers.

Let's assume Jordy actually recovers the onside kick. At that point, Seattle still has the 2 minute warning and 3 timeouts. MM calls 3 runs for sure, and the Packers have to punt. Seattle goes down the field and scores to take a 22-19 lead with maybe 20 seconds left. The Packers don't have enough time to drive into FG range.

As others have pointed out, Seattle had one timeout left at this point. The best case scenario would have been the Hawks getting the ball back deep in their own territory with maybe 1 minute left. Not an impossible scenario, but one in which they can't utilize Lynch at all and you certainly like your chances at this point.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
They should had gone for a third TD rather is than FG's. Though like Mason Crosby is great. Still agree with the botched onside kick.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am disgusted to hear Burnett's excuses. He says this is what they are taught. I surely hope it has not been implied to them that a 2 score game with 5 minutes left is a good time to not even attempt an interception return. Not once have I ever once seen a DB, with the game still in doubt, simply go to the ground and not even attempt a return. Can you imagine, with the team's flipped last night in this very situation, Chancellor or Thomas simply diving to the ground? This is a play you make with 30 seconds left in the game, not 5 minutes. Couldn't you at least attempt to run down the field until contact was imminent? Is your ball security that horrific where you cannot even attempt to advance?

Bostick screwed up worse, but Bostick owned it, every bit of it. I can at least respect that as a man, we all make mistakes. I can't respect excuses. "If we would have won we wouldn't even be talking about it." Gee, ya think, Morgan? Think maybe if you had not done it in the first place, maybe you would have won?

It's like he learned nothing from what happened. We lost because we did not play a 60 minute game. We played a 55 minute game and then tried to play a game of "Survival" for the last 5 minutes. That's why we're not going to the Super Bowl. You can key in on any one play you want but we flat out choked. They'll sugarcoat it and won't use that word, but it's never been more appropriate in a game. We choked. In every aspect of the game.

Members online

Latest posts