2018 - 60 man roster

How many of next years opening day 53 man roster are not on today's active, IR, or PS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I went 60 instead of 53 because of the perennial camp IR injuries and IMO Bulaga will start the season on PUP.
Per OTC the Packers have 41 players under contract for next season. Without any cap casualties and renegotiations they should have just under $42m available, 7-10 of which typically is part of the draft pool and PS salary. Per Sportrac they have 24 free agents of all classes to replace. No matter the management and coaching change, I don't expect more than a 25% roster churn. Thus of the 65 available, 45 or so on this years roster, PS, and IR should be back. Some are easy: Adams (both), Rodgers, Jones (again both.) Some are not: Brooks, Waters, Rollins. So I'll get into my wayback machine
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

put it in reverse and try to peer into the cloudy future, only because a discussion on any other Packer subject turns into a fire DC, TT, MM hijack. My guesses are based on MM to return and TT to become an adviser with DC given his walking papers. The 13 NOR below is someone not currently on the roster be-it draft, trade, or FA (UFA, CFA, or street FA.)
3-QB: Aaron, Hundley, NOR < expect Hundley to get one more shot but a quick hook.
5-RB: Monty, Jones, Williams, Ripkowski, NOR
7-WR: Adams, Jordy, Clark, Davis, NOR, Geronimo, Cobb < Cobb is a guess if not cheap. Jordy will be cheap.
3-TE: Kendricks, Byrd, NOR < Rodgers could replace Kendricks as I don't think any one else wants him.
11-OL: Bakh, Linsley, Taylor, McCray, Bulaga, Spriggs, Patrick, Murphy, Amichia, John, NOR
3-ST: Pepper, Vogel, NOR < someone cheaper than Crosby
6-DL: Adams, Daniels, Clark, Lowry, NOR, NOR < only 5 on 2017 roster and 1 on PS?
10-LB: Perry, Gilbert, Biegel, Martinez, Ryan, Fackrell, Odom, NOR, NOR, NOR < Clay may be back if cheaper
12-DB: King, Randall, Jones, Burnett, Dix, Whitehead, Evans, Brice, Rollins, Pipkins, NOR, NOR

Defensive numbers assume staying with the 3-4 with the next defensive guru. Also I see some switching of DB and LB roster spot numbers.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 13 NOR below is someone not currently on the roster be-it draft, trade, or FA (UFA, CFA, or street FA.)
3-QB: Aaron, Hundley, NOR < expect Hundley to get one more shot but a quick hook.
7-WR: Adams, Jordy, Clark, Davis, NOR, Geronimo, Cobb < Cobb is a guess if not cheap. Jordy will be cheap.
3-TE: Kendricks, Byrd, NOR < Rodgers could replace Kendricks as I don't think any one else wants him.
11-OL: Bakh, Linsley, Taylor, McCray, Bulaga, Spriggs, Patrick, Murphy, Amichia, John, NOR
6-DL: Adams, Daniels, Clark, Lowry, NOR, NOR < only 5 on 2017 roster and 1 on PS?
10-LB: Perry, Gilbert, Biegel, Martinez, Ryan, Fackrell, Odom, NOR, NOR, NOR < Clay may be back if cheaper
12-DB: King, Randall, Jones, Burnett, Dix, Whitehead, Evans, Brice, Rollins, Pipkins, NOR, NOR

Defensive numbers assume staying with the 3-4 with the next defensive guru. Also I see some switching of DB and LB roster spot numbers.

I agree at qb and think the nor player could be Ryan Finley north Carolina state if hes around in the 5th.
I also agree at rb Mays loses his spot to a nor player most likely a 5th round pick. But I think ripkowski could be in danger of losing his spot to an nor player like ironically another Oklahoma fullback Dmitri flowers.
I disagree at receiver I think the locks are Adams nelson Cobb and Clark. I think Allison is gone he loses his spot to an nor 2nd round draft pick the next and last in line of the TT legacy perhaps Christian kirk Texas a & m or equanameous St brown. Which leads me to Trevor Davis he's a pretty good returner but he offers nothing as a receiver and he makes mental mistakes as a returner. He can be upgraded by a nor player such as kirk, Antonio Callaway, dj chark, or Evan berry to name a few
I disagree at te as well as I think the only guy back for sure is Richard Rodgers. Yes because he'll be cheap but also because he's the best number 3 tight end in the league and a decent 2. I think 2 nor players fill out the te room. I'm hoping for Troy fumagali in the 3rd and Jimmy Graham in free agency. That would be a great te group you got fumagali as rodgers' mark chumura and Graham as his Kieth Jackson. Then Rodgers is just a super solid backup. I know Graham will be expensive but I think it could finally fix the te position and be a Charles woodson like signing for the Packers and for Graham. He would flourish and cement himself into a hall of famer just like woodson did. Dude is 6-6 260 with a 38.5 in vertical and 4.53 speed and he's explosive as his 10 yard split of 1.58 tells you that 4.53 isn't build up speed. He would give Rodgers a even better jermichael Finley which along with Adams nelson Cobb and a 2nd round draft pick receiver, Clark and a stable of capable running backs would make the Packers offense the scariest it's been in years

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went 60 instead of 53 because of the perennial camp IR injuries and IMO Bulaga will start the season on PUP.
Per OTC the Packers have 41 players under contract for next season. Without any cap casualties and renegotiations they should have just under $42m available, 7-10 of which typically is part of the draft pool and PS salary. Per Sportrac they have 24 free agents of all classes to replace. No matter the management and coaching change, I don't expect more than a 25% roster churn. Thus of the 65 available, 45 or so on this years roster, PS, and IR should be back. Some are easy: Adams (both), Rodgers, Jones (again both.) Some are not: Brooks, Waters, Rollins. So I'll get into my wayback machine

put it in reverse and try to peer into the cloudy future, only because a discussion on any other Packer subject turns into a fire DC, TT, MM hijack. My guesses are based on MM to return and TT to become an adviser with DC given his walking papers. The 13 NOR below is someone not currently on the roster be-it draft, trade, or FA (UFA, CFA, or street FA.)

Why you in love with montravious Adams your rookie season and your out of shape but you people are still sticking with him that's why it will never get any better

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why you in love with montravious Adams your rookie season and your out of shape but you people are still sticking with him that's why it will never get any better

Cause he was picked in 3rd round. If you have been around awhile you would know that means at least 4 years on team regardless of development or playing ability. It's a broken way of thinking that everyone has just accepted.

One thing I respect about the Seahawks or Pats is they will send your *** packing regardless of where your drafted and chalk it up as a mistake and move on. Thompson and Co. will just continue to try to fit a square peg into a round hole 90 percent of the time.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause he was picked in 3rd round. If you have been around awhile you would know that means at least 4 years on team regardless of development or playing ability. It's a broken way of thinking that everyone has just accepted.

One thing I respect about the Seahawks or Pats is they will send your *** packing regardless of where your drafted and chalk it up as a mistake and move on. Thompson and Co. will just continue to try to fit a square peg into a round hole 90 percent of the time.
Aman they had the price kid I thought they would keep mike Daniels loved him

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You realize I did not list who I'd keep but my crystal ball look at who could most likely be on the roster next Labor Day. So whether Adams or Rollins suck is irrelevant if the Packer staff feel the other way.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think ripkowski could be in danger of losing his spot
He's a decent run blocker and pass catcher. That is all that is asked of him.
I think the locks are Adams nelson Cobb and Clark. I think Allison is gone
I am not sold on Allison ATM but do think he is a favorite of MM and will stay around on the bottom of the roster. One of Jordy or Cobb will need to renegotiate sign a 2-3 year extension at much less cap hit for both to remain on the roster. My bet would be with Jordy accepting the extension at a lower $/yr. Davis will get his third year to blossom.
I disagree at te as well
Yeah that position is a tough one as well as both Kendricks AND Rodgers could stay or go. I think someone might try to sign Rodgers as a possession type TE which opens a slot for Kendricks to return.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize I did not list who I'd keep but my crystal ball look at who could most likely be on the roster next Labor Day. So whether Adams or Rollins suck is irrelevant if the Packer staff feel the other way.
That's why the d gets gutted now that capers is gone that might change

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try to bring back one of the young dts in the league you cut like Pennel or price

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I counted about 19 guys from OP's group I don't think they'll bring back. For the love of god please don't bring back Hawkins, Evans, Whitehead, or Brice! Also make Kendricks earn his spot out of camp.

Last edited:

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I counted about 19 guys I don't think they'll bring back. For the love of god please don't bring back Hawkins, Evans, Whitehead, or Brice! Also make Kendricks earn his spot out of camp. People are voting under 12?
Well capers Is gone so is turgo so maybe 4/3

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I counted about 19 guys I don't think they'll bring back. For the love of god please don't bring back Hawkins, Evans, Whitehead, or Brice! Also make Kendricks earn his spot out of camp. People are voting under 12?
By your own admission, 19 guys not brought back. There are 41 signed for next season and another 24 on the roster now that will be FAs. 19 from 65 leaves 9 spots to fill for next seasons 53. How are YOU going to get more than 9?
ETA Just a thought - does the 41 include futures contracts? IDK
I just counted. 53 on active roster, 14 on IR, 9 on PS as of 1/1/18.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By your own admission, 19 guys not brought back. There are 41 signed for next season and another 24 on the roster now that will be FAs. 19 from 65 leaves 9 spots to fill for next seasons 53. How are YOU going to get more than 9?
Just a thought - does the 41 include futures contracts? IDK

My fault, I was lazy and didn't count how many guys he listed/read the first part, only looked at the list of players. I just counted 19 on OP's list of guys I don't think will be back. So that makes 12 or less a lot more reasonable.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As much as my opinion has negatively changed on Hundley we need him for 2018.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the roster size expands to 90 somewhere around draft time. I’m guessing at least 60 of those will be guys that are or have been on our roster before. With a new regime on at least the defensive side of the ball, it should be quite a free for all this summer.

Members online

Latest posts