1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2012 Draft - Round 2, Pick 30, Overall 62 - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Discussion in '2012 Draft Archive' started by robdog, Apr 26, 2012.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    They announced him as a DB, so I'd assume they are toying with the idea of cross training, but still want to try him at corner. Quite frankly, with that speed, all I can ever see him being is a :poop:Peprah like liability or a Bush STer

2. jza80dreams

jza80dreams Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    the way he plays, I would love to see him try out the Free Safety position. another 10-15lbs and i think he'd be beefier/ more of a safety size. hopefully it doesnt slow him down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    For the record His combine weight was 192, where he lost 7 lbs to 185 I don't know, but that could be a reason for his trash 40, or on the less bright side, he's already slightly big enough to play safety. PFW questions his tackling

4. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +883
    Not sure how Hayward fits? He is a zone cover guy... And, Is he really slower than Perry in the 40?

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    After further research, nobody seems to agree on this guys 40. Its either 4.53 or 4.57. He had a run of 4.67, but he also has a run of 4.45. His tape suggests he is mid 4.5's though so we'll average and say 4.55.

6. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    He plays a lot bigger than his actual size. He kind of reminds me of Antoine Winfield. Really like
    this pick.

7. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    I was almost positive we were trading up for CB/S Trumaine Johnson, this pick kind of surprised me.. Johnson has better size, speed and broad jump and can put recievers on an island. Obviously TT knows more than myself though so I'll just shut up and let him work his magic:)

Haywards ball hawking skills and aggressive play at the line make me think he will hopefully be molded into the next C.Wood

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,871
    And I thought I was overly optimistic!

• Like Like x 1
  9. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14

10. EvAn

EvAn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Keyword "hopefully" :rolls eyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I think he has decently soft hands. Doesnt seem to be caught too far out of position when hes not asked to play real tight man to man. I like having him on the field more than I like seeing Jarret Bush on defense, and hell I havent even seen the guy play in the NFL. His tackling looks good in a highlight reel, but that same footage isnt going to show how many guys jumped over or simple ran over his dives at their ankles. Im not in love with this pick, but I dont dislike it either

12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    lol reports are that the Colts wanted to get Casey. Packers got him first.

Chuck Pagano is very high on him.

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Welcome to The Family, Casey Howard!!! May you be a good fit for us and us one for you!

14. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Really reminds me of a slower Sam Shields. Still has a quick first step though. We haven't seen the ball-hawkiness yet, but that only comes with consistent playing time and getting thrown at. Has really surprised me with his coverage. Glad we kapt him at CB and didn't rush him along his rookie year. I feel he's mentally better suited there.

15. smuggler

smuggler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    It's weird to me how Tramon Williams is supposed to be faster than Heyward and yet Heyward covers guys so much tighter. That's even true of Shields to a much lesser extent. I'm very happy with this pick 1 year later. :)