12 Draft Picks, name your top 5 favorites!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, you're about to unintentionally give 7 guys the shaft by not saying their name...but its no disrespect agains them.

Name your favorite 5 picks of the Packers Draft!

1. Daryn Colledge

- We got O-Line help. Thank God! This was the first step in the NFL Draft addressing the guard spots which need help. Colledge will mostlikely be the starting LG when the season starts.

2. Greg Jennings

- An underrated STEAL. He is probably better than Chad Jackon, and he is definitely more ready to help a team NOW thasn CJ is. He has experience, the statistics, the route running, the hands, and the good character.

3. A.J. Hawk

- Hawk speaks for himself. The best LB in the draft. He will help make the top 10 defense a top 5 defense. Go defense!

4. Ingle Martin

- Ingle Martin has character issues, only because he is a hell of a character. He says he enjoys punting and punts for fun. That was when he wasn't throwing for passing records in Florida! A QB\P\Holder pick is such a humorous pick...but its not all funny. He could easilly beat out A-Rod for the #2 job and possibly be the future of the organization.

5. Abdul Hodge

- The official steal of the draft. His teammate Greenway was drafted 17 overall by the Viqueens. Problem is...Hodge had MORE TACKLES than Greenway! He will be in the mix fighting for the 3rd LB spot, and even if he doesn't get it, he will add great depth and be a force on special teams.

who are your favorite 5 picks?

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Abdul Hodge - I'm so pumped we got this guy. HUGE steal.

2. Greg Jennings - I've read a lot about this guy since he was drafted, and I really think he will be a very good receiver

3. A.J. Hawk - The most obvious pick in the draft according to the majority of experts and fans..He'll come in and start right away and bring a nasty mentality to the LB corps.

4. Daryn Colledge - Should start at left guard, and will be a very good player on our line for a long time.

5. Cory Rodgers - Lemme guess, Cory. You're pissed about being 5th on a list of 5, right? Well how do you think 6-12 feel?

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First these picks aren't in any particular order so don't be offended...lol

1. Hawk - firstly this guy is around the ball at all times, a given playmaker.
2. Hodge - a steal and a better lb than Greenwood, height might be a problem at strongside lb, but most likely the future leader to this defense.
3. Jennings - look for him to gradually work into the offense much like Freeman did during his rookie season
4. Colledge - can u say Mike Wahle clone
5. Blackmon - I believe he could really be the steal of the draft, look for him to be a relieable corner for the future and probably our returner this season.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how they call Hodge the Ray Lewis of the college LB's. If the Pack could get that mean and nasty D rap, I wouldn't mind.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I love how they call Hodge the Ray Lewis of the college LB's. If the Pack could get that mean and nasty D rap, I wouldn't mind.

I would'nt mind having a Ray Lewis on our D either. (Except minus the murder acuasation charges)

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition to the Hodge Pick, my other 4 are:

AJ Hawk
Colledge
Jennings
Ingle Martin / Will Blackmon / Jason Spitz

Yah, I know that kind of kills the point of narrowing it down to 5. But I like the last 3 equally. So deal w/ it.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1- Hawk- What can I say? This guy has the possibility of being one of the best LB's to ever wear the Green & Gold.
2-Hodge- What a STEAL- Iowa's best LB. May start early in the season.
3-Jennings-Rated the 4th best WR by some. Could be a big play guy.
4-Colledge- Gotta like his footwork. Good pass blocker.
5-Blackmon- Could be a good DB. I like his speed.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
My boy Johnny Jolly can't get no love, huh? Please, somebody put him in there top 5, if only for his name alone.

No problem! He was a definite steal!

1. Hawk -- obviously the face of this draft class
2. Hodge -- great steal.
3. Jennings -- sleeper and needed talent for WR depth
4. Jolly -- slipped due to injured ankle. should heal without a problem and turn into another steal.
5. Blackmon -- another Hawkins type pick, but he's not as raw.

The strength of this draft and of TT's FA signings is on defense. We won't have a great defense this year due to inexperience, but give these guys a chance to learn to play together. This is a young, hungry defense with a lot of talent. For once I'm looking forward to see how well the defense can do instead of the offense...

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Hawk
2. Hodge
3. Blackmon
4. Jennings
5. And of course, this guy...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Abdul Hodge--a lot of mocks had him going early-mid 2nd, we got him in the 3rd, I think he splits time with Ben Taylor and our LB's look solid

2. Will Blackmon--If Blackmon stayed a cornerback his senior year, he might have been a first round pick, that's the kind of athlete we got in the fourth round...great athleticisim, went back to BC to get his degree, has some experience at reciever...however I think eventually

3. Greg Jennings--I am so impressed with this guy already, looking at his website he looks like a down to earth, well-rounded guy, charitable as well...and he takes time to sit down to talk to the forum 1 on 1, its amazing...and on the field, he looks like donald driver with a little better ability running with the ball

4. Ingle Martin--May be the QB of the future, small school guy, but big time ability

5. Johnny Jolly--Ted THompson is doing this not on purpose, but he is drafting guys that will become cult heroes among Packer fans if they catch on. Imagine John Madden doing a GB game around christmas time, how many times he'd circle Jolly and make a santa joke of some variety...

N/R--AJ Hawk, as excited as i am about having him, i figure i'd shed light on some of the other prospects

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off the NFL experts believe the Packers did very well in the draft. I hope the NFL experts are right. The Packers really needed to draft well! They have many holes to fill.
I think the bottom 5 picks are all reaches. I assume Ingle Martin will make the team as the 3rd QB.
Johny Jolly has an excellent chance to make the team too.
1.) AJ Hawk LB Ohio State: Even though I wanted the Packers to pick Vernon Davis, I understand our GM playing it safe. If he is as good as advertised the Packers will be instantly better on defense.
2.) Abdul Hodge LB Iowa: He might start too and he is a player and a hitter. If he does not start I assume he will be a great tackler on special teams.
3.) Greg Jennings WR Western Michigan: I think he will start and help the Packers offense during his first season. If not a starter a production 4th option on offense.
4.) Daryn Colledge OL Boise State: He might end up being a better guard than any guard the Packers had last year. I think the OL upgrades with Wells going to center and the guard position upgrades. Though I do not expect a dominating OL like the Packers had 3 years ago. I miss Mike Wahle.
5.) Jason Spitz OL Louisville: I think he has a shot to start. If not he has time to develop. Blocks better than he looks. I think I heard that about Tausher too.
The Packers should have some much needed return help from this draft too. The Packers did not draft my favorite sleeper Garrett Mills from Tulsa a TE projected to play FB. A athletic 241 pounder who ran 4.64. He caught the ball very well and played hard. He was picked # 106 which is not bad for a person not even ranked on the top 10 as a TE. I have nothing against Cory Rodgers, but I think the Packers would have filled another need by drafting Garrett Mills instead.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts