Want To **** Off Viking Fans?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
How tough would it be to be a Viking fan, to lose your team to another city, and to then watch that team win a Super Bowl. I guess that would make the poor Viking fans bigger losers than the team itself. I am going to guess that this whole thing is going to get real ugly before it is over.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Vikings will always be the biggest Super Bowl losers.

I know Buffalo lost 4 in a row, but when it comes right down to it, they could have won against the Giants. When did Minnesota EVER play close in a Super Bowl? We lost to Denver, but we still did not get blown out like the Queens did against the Raiders, Dolphins, and Chiefs.

Remember that Minnesota was 17 point favorites over KC in their first Super Bowl and couldn't even score 14 points LMAO.

Who wants to **** on the Vikings first?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate to fuel a hatred even worse for a team because of a fan base, and I always say, NOT all fans of a team are bad, but some Vikings fans really got on my nerves after they blew their chances in that NFC Championship game. Excuse after excuse after excuse and "they rigged the game" "OT was ********" to eventually they got the rules in OT changed thanks to their whiny *****. When you turn the ball over 6 times, and the final turnover being with just seconds to go and a chance to win, you have NO EXCUSES. But that's also how they acted back in '98 when they blew their chances against Atlanta. I don't think they would have beat Denver in that Super Bowl when they let Atlanta come all the way back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no economics wiz which is why I'm asking: What the heck is a 1/2 cent tax?
If I buy something for $15.99, the total isn't going to be $16.32 1/2 is it?

This is unfair to all the non-Viking fans.
They shouldn't have to pay for something they have no interest in.
Only the fans should pay. Have only the items related to Viking football taxed.
But why anyone would want to save this team.....
The Vikings are the Cubs of the NFL.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
What they should do is put a 1 cent tax on all beer or drinks. 1 cent. For the entire state. That way everyone pays for it. Granted, I don't live in MN, but I think the state as a whole will benefit from a new stadium. The dumpty dome gets used about 300 days a years.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Interesting proposal. Are they fickle fans? Who would raise their hands.?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Interesting you say that, only the fans should pay. How does that work in Green Bay, are only fans paying the extra tax that was put on to help the Packers? Don't think so. Sure it passed a referendum, but not everyone voted yes. I think it's unfair to people who are not Packer or football fans to pay that tax.
The added sales tax was approved by voters in 2000 by a 53 percent to 47 percent margin. It's set to expire in 2015.
http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.co...it-super-bowl-champion-green-bay-packers.html

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting you say that, only the fans should pay. How does that work in Green Bay, are only fans paying the extra tax that was put on to help the Packers? Don't think so. Sure it passed a referendum, but not everyone voted yes. I think it's unfair to people who are not Packer or football fans to pay that tax.
http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.co...it-super-bowl-champion-green-bay-packers.html
As you no doubt have probably heard here or elsewhere, the Packers organization may want to sell shares again for the money for the expansion plans at Lambeau.
Only those who like the Packers are going to buy them.
That is the fair thing to do. Giving those who like a team a choice which is my point.

It's a shame that the NFL now has a rule which states that no other team can be community owned.
If that wasn't the case then the type of thing going on in Minny would be a lot smoother.
Sell shares. New stadium or upgrades to Metrodump. No problem.

In terms of ownership and organization, the Packers are the ones who do it the best out of all the other teams.
Stories such as this one filled with debates and questions just keep on proving that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think the NFL should allow more teams to be community owned. But they won't. They like having that one main owner. Funny thing, very few of the teams are owned by one person exclusively. Most have multiple owners. Just not as many as the Packers.

As to the stadium in MN. People are looking at the short term, what do I have to pay. It's half of one cent. That's $5 on $100. Yet how many of these people will go drop $40 bucks a week in beer or Cigs? That's why I say 1 cent on each bottle of beer or drink. The only people who can ***** are those that drink. And you don't have to buy alcohol. That is a choice. 24 cents a case. Most don't pay attention how much they are paying for beer anyway. They want it, they buy it.

If the Vikings leave, and I think without a deal by the end of the season Zygi puts the team up for sale, the people in MN will be begging for another NFL team within 5 years. And by then a new stadium will be $1.5 billion. They let the Lakers, and Stars walk, and in both cases it cost more to get a team back. Never has a city lost an NFL franchise in the last 50 years were they did not try to get one back. And in each case, it cost more then it would have had they worked to keep the original team. Just ask Houston how much it cost them. They hemmed and hawed till the Oilers left, "We don't want to spend the money on a new stadium" well they did, and more then what they would have had they kept the Oilers. Learn from other cities mistakes.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t think a sales tax to support a team is unfair to non-fans who have to pay the tax. At a state and local level, we live in a representative democracy. If a binding referendum to implement or increase a tax passes that means a legislative body allowed it onto the ballot and it received the majority of votes cast. If it’s a non-binding referendum the final say is with a legislative body. In either case, every eligible voter had a chance to influence the makeup of the legislative body with their vote. As citizens and voters we can’t pick and choose which laws/actions we will abide by and which we won’t. Our recourse is either a recall (George Petak lost his state senate seat in 1996 in a recall due to his support for the new Brewers’ stadium) or to voice our opposition in the next election.

IMO whether or not a state or locality decides to support a sports team by revenues from a bond issue or sales tax, or by tax credits should not depend upon the fans of that team. It should be a “business” decision by the community or communities involved. Does it make sense from a fiscal point of view? Is the tourism and economy activity likely to be generated greater than the cost of the incentive? Even if it doesn’t, is the prestige of keeping or attaining the sports franchise worth the investment? For example, beyond economics, what would Green Bay be without the Packers? Is Milwaukee’s reputation enhanced by the presence of their pro baseball and basketball teams? (yes and no? :) )

In other words, I think the same kind of analysis applied to whether or not to give a new business a tax incentive to move into a community should be applied regarding supporting sports franchises.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they taxed queenie fans for every EXCUSE they ever gave about why they never won the Super Bowl, they could pay for the place in a day...

"It was a fluke play, there was a conspiracy,Moss had a cramp in his shoelace, the grass was too green, the sky was too blue...."yadda yadda yadda.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts