Strength and Conditioning

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thnak you from the bottom of my heart. I never would have realized how foolish we were being unless you'd taken the time to enlighten us.

Please do make an effort to pop back in every day and straighten us out, so we all know how we should make better use of our internet time.
How dare us veering off course a bit! The conversation and thread is about strength and conditioning and stats of injuries was rightfully brought into the discussion. Then 2 idiots like us discuss a movie and real life situation about using stats in Sports, blasphemy! "Get Off My Lawn!"

BTW, thank you for your insights on Moneyball. It probably would have been smart of me to dig deeper on the real details that the movie was "loosely" made from. I did do some minor sniffing around after watching the movie. I wanted to find out what happened in real life to my favorite character, Peter Brand. Not sure if this was the article (below), but it was similar and made me wonder what else was sensationalized. Paul Depodesta wanting them not to use his name in the movie, because of all the liberties they took, should have been a big red flag.

Have you read the book and is that closer to fact? Might be a good read if it is.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just seriously curious about what 47 posts about our strength and conditioning coach would look like. Honestly? It’s about what I thought. Carry on gentlemen.

I'm glad that this thread offers us a break from the other threads on this forum that are curing cancer, laying the groundwork for peace in the middle east, ending world hunger and complaining about Taylor Swift.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not have sources or citation for this. I am not a journalist.

I have repeatedly said this is my opinion.

In my opinion, professional sport organizations will hinder or impede a player's contractual incentive(s), if the opportunity shall arise.

This organization is no exception.

The older I get, the more I marvel at organizations that can meld the business aspects with the product on the field and have successful seasons.

I'm not saying this is right, I'm not saying this is wrong, but it does happen.
I am not either although I play one on tv

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I saw, it was everyone that was on a report for the week which is why there were some on the IR, but they played. Packers IR numbers reflect Tenuta and Davis being on the IR since the beginning of the season along with all the other teams. There is no weighting or anything done on the importance of the player, but when looking at just pure games missed and Q/D/O designations I don't think it isn't that important since generally injuries don't care about how important a player is to the overall team. I was more looking at it from a 'Did the Packers really have a significant number of games lost' across the board.
It was bad in the first half of the season.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe LaFleur thought we could have been stronger on the O line.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have sources or citation for this. I am not a journalist.

I have repeatedly said this is my opinion.

In my opinion, professional sport organizations will hinder or impede a player's contractual incentive(s), if the opportunity shall arise.

This organization is no exception.

The older I get, the more I marvel at organizations that can meld the business aspects with the product on the field and have successful seasons.

I'm not saying this is right, I'm not saying this is wrong, but it does happen.
The health and success of any organization ALWAYS starts at the top. There are no exceptions imo. The Packers successes have started at the top of the club's organization.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The health and success of any organization ALWAYS starts at the top. There are no exceptions imo. The Packers successes have started at the top of the club's organization.

I agree. Did I make any statements that would disagree?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hhopefully this new guy can turn things around. The often injured McCaffrey, has only missed 1 game with the 49ers when this guy was a ssistant S&C coach. Maybe he is bringing a better philosophy and has ideas on how to get Watson and Stokes back on the field.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
ending world hunger
Anecdote I recall reading a few years back. When Elon Musk was delaying buying Twitter, a reporter or activist or some other detractor berated him for spending that much money on a company when for half that he could end world hunger. His response was along the lines of "If you could guarantee no world hunger ever again for that price, I'll cut you a check."

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. Just that it is really nothing to marvel about is all. It's just a simple fact of life and always has been imo.

I find it fascinating to see successful organizations use different paths to win championships...I'm intrigued by it...the movie Any Given Sunday captured my attention as a youth and it's something I keep tabs on when watching football. A lot of moving parts of "the same machine".